Hogan worth

Remove this Banner Ad

No one cares. You have no influence on the matter. You have no idea what the clubs are discussing between themselves. You're ranting like a toddler on an internet forum discussing hypothetical trade deals with next to no facts and click bait media snippets to base your position on.

In summing up, it's the constitution, its Mabo, it's justice, it's law, it's the vibe and ahhhhh no thats it, it's the vibe. I rest my case.

I know exactly what is being said. Melb want 2 first rounders and nothing less. I know that pick 11 and a future 2nd rounder was offered. These are the 2 facts we know

I know exactly what is being said. Melb want 2 first rounders and nothing less. I know that pick 11 and a future 2nd rounder was offered. These are the 2 facts we know

Congrats on your intimate knowledge. Please go share it with your own board and stop sticking up our joint with your dribble.

You didn't answer the question as to why he needs to go public. If his manager knows and the clubs know, why does he need to go public?

Also, he had the relevant medico's check out his foot etc. and gave him the all clear. So why then would it be something to worry about? And if so, why bother about getting it checked out if you're going to worry about it regardless?

All of those things were answered: If he only wants to be at Freo next year but do right by Melbourne he announces it which puts the onus squarely on us to try and deal close to your terms (if not at them). So far he has done the requisite medicals and put feelers out but it seems he is happy to keep playing at Melbourne next year so morally we are not obliged to Hogan to deal for him.

Secondly it has been said that whilst he passed the medical there are still a few things we won't know about until a few weeks time, beyond the time limit of being able to organise a trade. These could be minor issues of rehabilitation to full fitness or large ones like probability of recurrence. That is quite a big question mark to leave hanging over a potential trade.

The third question seems tied into the second and I'm not sure there's a better way for me to describe it than I did above.

All of these things are contributing factors. It's not black and white. We have to hold to our best interests and not get screwed over trying to fix our biggest problem at the expense of all of our other problems (midfield and small forwards mostly). Personally I don't believe we can achieve that with any of the deals Melbourne wants.

I'm terribly sorry if I have been a tad belligerent. Hopefully we can move past that and keep above the pettiness that seems pervasive at the moment.

Congrats on your intimate knowledge. Please go share it with your own board and stop sticking up our joint with your dribble.
Or he can spend some time sharing it with himself instead.

So much of what is being talked about by posters is stuff that's been guessed or inferred from the small bits of information that jounalists have said - but nothing has come from the clubs yet. Neither club has said Jesse passed the medical, and we don't even know what extent "passing" the medical means. There may still be an issue, but he doesn't need to amputate his foot yet. All I know is that Melbourne are pretty keen for the trade to happen, and there must be a reason for it considering he was a required player during the last couple of years where his personal life has been so full on.

Nice one. I prefer we take this stance and do the right thing by the club long term than over paying. Strong draft and can try again next year. Also takes pressure off the Neale deal.

Freo a joke

Hardly. To quote myself:

We have to hold to our best interests and not get screwed over trying to fix our biggest problem at the expense of all of our other problems (midfield and small forwards mostly). Personally I don't believe we can achieve that with any of the deals Melbourne wants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 days of trade period left, smart move by Freo. They'll let the Demons go away and they might come back. Meanwhile we get on with the Neale trade and get some more ammo.

Thought I posted that on the dees board tbh

Would've been just as wrong in that board as it was in here. Good to know most Victorians were riding Melbourne to screw us over. Barely any of the footy public gave two shits about our best interests in this mooted trade so I'm actually happy that this will piss off a lot of people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hogan worth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back