Honestly??? Brennan Stack??? HOW????? WHY??

Remove this Banner Ad

What and he kicked it out after so much time. Have a look at all of the hard running Stack does and get back to me in five cause that is all it will take to fast forward thru the game
You're all class champ. Yes he did, Schofield looked asleep after coming on as sub, nothing wrong with what Stack did in that instance. I'm not having a go at Schoey, but to blame someone else to get off on your own high horse...well.

So you are saying it was ok for Stack to panic, hand ball to a stationary ruckman under pressure and then panic when he gets it back.

I was having a joke about the fact forward I apologise it you have taken offence.

Well be back off to my high horse champ

You know why he didn't look so bad? Because he didn't get the pill.

11 disposals is hardly anything to hang your hat on. Long way to go before I would say this guy is someone I will ever want in the side.

2 of the 11 disposals were great though but gee has a long way to go and after 5 years I am happy to pull the plug on this one.

Interesting when you put it that way Lightning, but we definitely saw things that pleased us today by him that we hadn't seen much of in our senior side, thus our attitude towards him. Though today, quite happy to give him credits due

that goal he kicked though...had some THUMP about it, was a good eye opener :thumbsu:

Not a fan of Stack, but he is definitely not a backman. Just looks scared when he gets the ball in the back half, but looks much more confident forward of the centre. If we're going to persist with him, he needs to play forward.

I don't mind Stack.
Todays game I thought he used the ball reasonably with a few highlights but since his job in the team is a rebounding defender, he really should be getting a lot more of the ball.

Right now Stack is getting games over Howard and Addison. All are around the same size (Stack having 3kgs on Addison).

I'd be suprised if anyone can give me a reason why he is playing over these guys. Howard is the future and should be playing. Addison goes harder than Stack and is a better stopper.

He had his chance early in the year and showed nothing. But he'll probably be on our list next year because we'll be delisting others players. And yet again he will play good in VFL and get games here and there. And we will be having this same thread discussion. List clogger

You know why he didn't look so bad? Because he didn't get the pill.

11 disposals is hardly anything to hang your hat on. Long way to go before I would say this guy is someone I will ever want in the side.

2 of the 11 disposals were great though but gee has a long way to go and after 5 years I am happy to pull the plug on this one.

I have been in the "give him a try" camp and i think there has been improvement but he does need to get the ball more. HB is one of the easiest places to get kicks if you are prepared to work and 11 disposals is not a good return for a player with his experience. It is getting harder to justify his place given that Howard is being kept out. He needs to show rapid improvement and soon. I think there is an element of concern over losing his place that makes him more hesitant than he should be for the benefit of the team.

Games played is a good measure of where a player is at. Stack has played about 20 odd games? At 50 to 70 games we might know for sure. I think there is enough there to like for us to keep going with him.

I didn't think he was amoung the best yesterday, but he wasn't the worst. Solid game.

Surely he should be at 50 - 70 games already, 20 games in 5 years and 9 this year shows where he is at......not good enough

Surely he should be at 50 - 70 games already, 20 games in 5 years and 9 this year shows where he is at......not good enough

Go back and have a look at the long injury periods and open your eyes when you watch a game. A whole thread on one bloke when there are lots of players I can pick holes in. Bulldogs supporters have become a disgrace and worst than Richmond this year.

Some guys take longer, going on your premise then Ayce Cordy should have 20 games up by now. Tommy Williams should be 100 maybe. There are sorts of reasons why players develop at different rates. What's more important, is are they developing, do they have some attributes that with development can make them a good player.

Yes Stack is developing slowly....but I just see improvement in him, bit by bit. I reckon there is something about him that says he could be a handy player. His best years are to come, to waste that now would be a real shame. I have seen his improvement in him at Willi too....given roles on good players at the level.

As someone said....a whole thread on a young bloke....gee there are a few more senior guys that get let off much easier.

Go back and have a look at the long injury periods and open your eyes when you watch a game. A whole thread on one bloke when there are lots of players I can pick holes in. Bulldogs supporters have become a disgrace and worst than Richmond this year.

Please enlighten me on what long term injuries he has had?

FYI I do look at the whole game generally live, that is what I base my opinion on. I disagree with people saying he had a good game yesterday. What I am missing about yesterdays game that he did great? The goal? He got on the end of handpass, nothing special and kicked it from 50. Most players should be able to do this if they play league footy. Touched it 11 times and probably flew through the air 11 times missing the contest.

I can pick holes in lots of players also but this thread is about Stack not another player.

I will agree with someone earlier though if he is to be played he is definately not a defender.

As far as being like Richmond supporters if we accept a player of his ability and think he is going to be good we will be like them because we will fail for the next thirty years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all pick holes in other players, we say good things too, thats what these forums are about. This instance is about Stack. Saying we are acting like Richmond supports is a bit extreme.

Accepting players like Stack we will finished 9th to 13th every year just like Richmond did when they were going nowhere... Agree with Boof09

So he's injury prone aswell as being an average player?

Delist him

We all pick holes in other players, we say good things too, thats what these forums are about. This instance is about Stack. Saying we are acting like Richmond supports is a bit extreme.

Accepting players like Stack we will finished 9th to 13th every year just like Richmond did when they were going nowhere... Agree with Boof09

No you just use him as a scapegoat. Its the same old players that are used as scapegoast by BF posters, by suporters. It use to be Hargrave, then Gia and Eagleton and now Stack.

Well if he was a better player i'm sure this thread wouldn't exist. But it does.

I was never one to bag Gia, but he is definately playing better than earlier in the year. Everyone can see his efforts and i read his praises on BF since. I don't see threads bagging him anymore.

Point is......Play shit over time, we recognise it and we talk about it.

I'm sure every bulldog supporter would want to see him become a good player. Why wouldn't we. But over time if its looking like he won't why should we not complain

No you just use him as a scapegoat. Its the same old players that are used as scapegoast by BF posters, by suporters. It use to be Hargrave, then Gia and Eagleton and now Stack.

A key difference being that Hargrave, Gia and Eagleton are good solid AFL footballers, whereas Stack is a handy player at VFL level.

The Stack "Attack"

If the bloke gets another game for us, We should be charged with tanking. there is no way possible we can be taken seriously with this weak individual in the side. On a number of occasions last night he refused to go back with the flight of the ball and create a contest allowing for essendon players to take easy marks inside the forward 50 resulting for goals. People critise josh hill for not having a crack, well this bloke has absolutlty no attack on the football, no skill, no pressure and if he is named in our side again i don't think ill be able to attend the game as i hate watching our jumper dishounered in such a way.

Re: The Stack "Attack"

If the bloke gets another game for us, We should be charged with tanking. there is no way possible we can be taken seriously with this weak individual in the side. On a number of occasions last night he refused to go back with the flight of the ball and create a contest allowing for essendon players to take easy marks inside the forward 50 resulting for goals. People critise josh hill for not having a crack, well this bloke has absolutlty no attack on the football, no skill, no pressure and if he is named in our side again i don't think ill be able to attend the game as i hate watching our jumper dishounered in such a way.

This thread is about a month late as he has been decent the past couple of games

This thread is about a month late as he has been decent the past couple of games

I hope your joking!! Just rewatch the 2nd quarter in particular when he choose to not go after the ball and allow 2 easy marks/goals go to essendon. It makes me sick seeing this guy play each week

The OP does have a point. I remember a marking situation for Ryder, Stack should have across to at least contest. But just stood there and watched to what turned out to be a pretty much uncontested grab.

You compare that with how Morris in the 2nd running back with the flight made every effort to contest. It's these little things that need to be addressed asap if Stack is going to cut it in the AFL.

He certainly wasn't our worst last night. He did alright in patches. He has improved a lot since he first started. He has still only played 20 something games as well.

And I am in no way a Stack fan. I have been very critical of him in the past. But he has improved, and anyone who cant see that is just lying to themselves, and letting a personal dislike of a guy, who obviously wont ever be a superstar, get in their way.

He definitely needed to compete with Ryder, very disappointing effort but he is playing a lot better then earlier in the season. His decision making has improved and he isn't panicking when he gets the ball like earlier in the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly??? Brennan Stack??? HOW????? WHY??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back