Hottest 100 of 2014 prediction thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Do the guys who do the warmest 100 use the same method you use? How was their prediction compared to yours last year?
The Warmest 100 guys use only Instagram votes, no other media, I don't have the exact numbers to compare with me today, but they are normally fairly similar. The Warmest 100 was better than mine, in 2012 but there was still the vote sharing twitter thing then. In 2013 it was pretty close, I think they got a couple more songs correctly in the 100, but mine were more accurate to the positions. As I don't bother with every single Instagram Vote, the warmest 100 ends up with a fair few more votes counted than me.

What's everyone's thoughts on Röyksopp? Both Monument and Do It Again (which I voted for) are just outside the 100 by my count. They have always disappointed in the past, being high by my count but not delivering in reality.

I meant their chances of making the top 100, not your actual opinion of their music.

Whoops.

That's what you're here for :p

In all seriousness, Do it Again was pushed pretty hard I can see that getting somewhere between 80-120 but that's a complete guess.

I just realised, the whole "automated" Swifty voting website was a massive missed opportunity. I could have set it up, had people enter their details thinking they were being mainstream az, and then used their details to vote for the 'Nouj and The Creases

I just realised, the whole "automated" Swifty voting website was a massive missed opportunity. I could have set it up, had people enter their details thinking they were being mainstream az, and then used their details to vote for the 'Nouj and The Creases
:eek: Oh. My. God.

WHY DIDNT SOMEONE DO THIS! SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO THIS NEXT YEAR

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They still had to confirm the vote by clicking the link on the confirmation email. I think they may have noticed when it came up:
Tracks you voted for:
Babaganouj - Bluff
Babaganouj - Too Late For Love
Creases, The - Gradient
Creases, The - Static Lines

People give their email to the automated website, which then votes for you. You still have to click on the confirmation link sent to your email address by JJJ so if the confirmation e-mail wasn't showing up that you had voted for T-Swift then people wouldn't be confirming it.

Plus I think a Lot of people who used that automated system wouldn't of confirmed the link went by Triple J, or even May have provided fake emails. So it probably wouldn't have been responsible as many votes as intended

They still had to confirm the vote by clicking the link on the confirmation email. I think they may have noticed when it came up:
Tracks you voted for:
Babaganouj - Bluff
Babaganouj - Too Late For Love
Creases, The - Gradient
Creases, The - Static Lines
Ah, true. Maybe you could get them to enter their email password too?

Cosby Sweater and even Chandelier seem to have picked up plenty of last minute votes. (Along with Uptown Funk)
I reckon Cosby Sweater got a few fans from the Beat the Drum concert the Hoods did on friday night. Epic version of Cosby Sweater by them plus a handful of other aussie hiphop artists.

I maintain the Creases only got a record deal because Joe's tumblr had about 30,000 followers at the minimum. Dude was pretty popular on there. Good luck to him, I don't care, most bands only get heard through cliques, favours, luck, and nepotism anyway. I personally think they've really ****ed it up though... they keep changing their sound and their EP was too lost in between pop melodies and shoegaze.

It wasn't on the voting shortlist, so never really had a chance. It looks as though it was only ever played once by Kingsmill on 2014 and never again. I counted no votes for it.

What? No way. So Richard kingsmill played a song, then arbritrarily decided it was no longer part of the triple j sound whilst it went on to be one of the most popular songs of the year. Who would have thought? Not too mention songs like jubel which were played a few times on triple j before they came to their senses, realised its mass market appeal and quickly dissociated itself from it. Unsurprisingly also not on the voting list. Good from you dick.

What's everyone's thoughts on Röyksopp? Both Monument and Do It Again (which I voted for) are just outside the 100 by my count. They have always disappointed in the past, being high by my count but not delivering in reality.

Mmm nah dont see it, enjoyed both songs alot however they probably lost a lot of fans when they ditched falls

Remove this Banner Ad

Hottest 100 of 2014 prediction thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back