Hottest 100 of 2014 prediction thread

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Caribou – Can’t Do Without You

2. FKA Twigs – Two Weeks

3. The War on Drugs – Under the Pressure

4. Bombay Bicycle Club – Luna

5. Flying Lotus – Never Catch Me (ft. Kendrick Lamar)

6. Movement – Ivory

7. Future Islands – Seasons (Waiting on You)

8. Mark Ronson – Uptown Funk (ft. Bruno Mars)

9. Chromeo – Lost on the Way Home (ft. Solange)

10. How To Dress Well – Words I Don’t Remember

11. Seinabo Sey – Younger (Kygo Remix)

12. Phantogram – Fall in Love

13. The Cairos – Obsession

14. Sylvan Esso – Hey Mami

15. Asgeir – Kings and Cross

16. Perfume Genius – Queen

17. I LOVE MAKONNEN – Club Goin Up on a Tuesday (ft. Drake)

18. Ben Howard – I Forget Where We Were

19. Andy Bull – Talk Too Much

20. Vic Mensa – Down on My Luck

21. St. Vincent – Birth in Reverse

Any indication of the whereabouts any of these will land? Particularly hoping that Perfume Genius and Movement get a guernsey.

The Sunday leading in would be pretty awesome but I have a feeling it could spoil the surprise in a way

It wouldnt work. A lot of the hottest 100 is eagerly awaiting the next song with the hope it's one of yours. If all your songs show up in the 100-200 countdown it'll take a bit away from it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wouldnt work. A lot of the hottest 100 is eagerly awaiting the next song with the hope it's one of yours. If all your songs show up in the 100-200 countdown it'll take a bit away from it.
I agree, that's why it's more likely to be the weekend after. Although I think the 2nd year they did it, they played it before the 100-1. But with Taylor Swift most likely to fall in the 200-101, it would ruin any extra publicity and listeners they may gain from that. I personally don't think they will excluded Taylor Swift but they will most likely exclude multiple votes coming from the same IP address and possibly also votes that came in for just "Shake It Off" on its own.

From https://twitter.com/socialhottest -

1. Peking Duk - High
2. Chet Faker - Talk is Cheap
3. Chet Faker - 1998
4. Milky Chance - Stolen Dance
5. Peking Duck - Take Me Over
6. The Griswolds - Beware the Dog
7. Hilltop Hoods - Cosby Sweater
8. ZHU - Faded
9. The Kite String Tangle - Arcadia
10. Mark Ronson - Uptown Funk

Another year, another top 10 for Hilltop Hoods. :rolleyes: #straya

Please tell me I'm not the only one in my late 20's that doesn't understand the hype for these two song at all.

Don't believe the hype, it's a sequel
As an equal can I get this through to you
My 98 booming with a trunk of funk
All the jealous punks can't stop the dunk
Coming from the school of hard knocks

I'm looking forward to seeing how your actual prediction (as opposed to your vote count) stacks up to the final 100, thewitness. Because there's quite a few songs on that @socialhottest that look quite a bit out of place, and you can't really extrapolate precise conclusions especially for the lower placed songs when only counting maybe 2% of the voting pool. Griswolds fans and Smithies fans are ravenous, they're like pod people who want everyone to listen to their favourite band so surely that is an overestimation? On the flipside, the Hoods should get more votes from the passive music fans who are just like "oh, yeah, I kinda like music, and I know that song by that thing that happened."

also kBuck, I don't really get the love for those particular songs either.

They played 200-101 the next day last year im pretty sure which was a sunday?? Would imagine they'll do it again

Remove this Banner Ad

Hottest 100 of 2014 prediction thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back