Houlihan, how many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Niall

All Australian
Aug 28, 2004
Perth
Other Teams
West Coast
An absolute dog act on a great young player in his first season of AFL. I hope Houlihan gets 6 weeks and has his jaw broken by a West Coast supporter when he goes back to Victoria :thumbsu:

Niall said:
An absolute dog act on a great young player in his first season of AFL. I hope Houlihan gets 6 weeks and has his jaw broken by a West Coast supporter when he goes back to Victoria :thumbsu:
Given Beau Waters only got 3 for putting a guy in hospital, I think Houlihan can look at a worst case scenario of a reprimand, but more than likely having no case to answer. Certainly it was no worse than Ablett's hit on Wirrpanda last week.

Yep, I agree. That Houlihan is a real thug...... :D

In all seriousness, if the AFL are serious about keeping their integrity in being a contact sport, he won't even get reported. In my opinion it was a fair bump. The umpire was in the correct position to see it and didn't even pay a free!

BTW, considering you guys are quick to defend, or even brag, about a certain eagle (Beau Waters) who takes a player out once every two weeks, I find this thread pretty funny.

mediumsizered said:
Given Beau Waters only got 3 for putting a guy in hospital, I think Houlihan can look at a worst case scenario of a reprimand, but more than likely having no case to answer. Certainly it was no worse than Ablett's hit on Wirrpanda last week.

I will be incredibly disappointed if the incident even goes to a reprimand.

Ablett's bump was a cracker and I said that from the start. No elbow in it at all.

Houlihan went in with the elbow raised and sconed Rosa straight in the head. Very different imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Niall said:

Your bitterness is just hilarious. It was a fair hip and shoulder. It was actually great to see Ryan show a little aggression, which is not his trademark. This Weagles guy will definitely go down as the first and probably last player to be knocked out by Ryan Houilihan. :)

XXX KINGS said:
Yep, I agree. That Houlihan is a real thug...... :D

In all seriousness, if the AFL are serious about keeping their integrity in being a contact sport, he won't even get reported. In my opinion it was a fair bump. The umpire was in the correct position to see it and didn't even pay a free!

BTW, considering you guys are quick to defend, or even brag, about a certain eagle (Beau Waters) who takes a player out once every two weeks, I find this thread pretty funny.

I have never bragged about Waters thanks.

parrot said:
Your bitterness is just hilarious. It was a fair hip and shoulder. It was actually great to see Ryan show a little aggression, which is not his trademark. This Weagles guy will definitely go down as the first and probably last player to be knocked out by Ryan Houilihan. :)

You talking about being bitter?

We won the game, i'm not bitter. If you want to see bitter, go look in the mirror ;)

parrot said:

GOLD! :D

I saw it, and the replay soon after. It was as contentious as Fevs goal on the half-time siren.

But gee you poseurs must be soft with a bump like that. Sheesh, you girls can't play wet-weather footy. Lets just hope this crappy east-coast weather holds up, coz its conditions like these that made the REAL SOUL of footy. Not the run in the sun joke you lot call footy.

ShlomoGlickstein said:
I saw it, and the replay soon after. It was as contentious as Fevs goal on the half-time siren.

But gee you poseurs must be soft with a bump like that. Sheesh, you girls can't play wet-weather footy. Lets just hope this crappy east-coast weather holds up, coz its conditions like these that made the REAL SOUL of footy. Not the run in the sun joke you lot call footy.

This from a man whose team plays indoors every second week.

We've played in two games of wet weather footy (that I can remember) over the past three years. We're not responsible for the weather, and we don't get exposed to a whole lot of wet weather footy, so if that makes "run in the sun" footy a joke, well, so be it. That would make your "run under flourescent lights" just as hilarious.

By the way, those two games I mentioned earlier? We won them both.

Niall said:
Houlihan is one of the softest players in the AFL and it would be a hilarious if he was to be rubbed out for rough play.

parrot said:

Funniest thing you have ever said parrot.
As for whoever mentioned the Stenglein hit, now that was a dog act. Haven't seen the Houlihan one so I can't comment, but it is funny he cleaned someone up.

I didn't really think there was much in it. The physical reaction from the guy who copped it seemed out of line with the actual bump. Maybe there's a more conclusive angle, or maybe the guy was playing it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Houlihan, how many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back