Streaming House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm finding the Daemon dream sequences really boring though.
Yeah definitely not on your own there. They need to wrap it up. When he was leaving I was like finally then BAM sucked back in again šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø

Instant improvement with Aemond as the new king. Those scenes felt much more like the GoT of old. He has so much more presence than the other guy, which is kinda the point I guess.

I'm finding the Daemon dream sequences really boring though.
How many more scenes telling us Daemon is sad because he isnā€™t king do we need?

So is the idea that Seasmoke thinks Addam / Alan (I can't remember which one is which) is Laenor Velayron?
I think it's Addam with the dreds.

It's either that he thinks it's Laenor or that he can somehow tell from his blood (presume the smell) that he's from the same lineage (or partly the same I should say).

Overall it's stalling a little but especially Daemon now. Time to move the story along because that was a fairly low key episode for everyone.

Also..

I hope that kiss was referenced in the books somewhere because I'd like to think they didn't just put that in there for the hell of it.

She was bi in the book.

Overall it's stalling a little but especially Daemon now. Time to move the story along because that was a fairly low key episode for everyone.

Also..

I hope that kiss was referenced in the books somewhere because I'd like to think they didn't just put that in there for the hell of it.
It's not specifically in the book but there is a period where it's noted Rhaenyra was spending a lot of time with Mysaria and that's how I expected the show to take that storyline.

The show rightfully gets praised for the showrunning, acting and sets but the camerawork is probably underappreciated. If you are into that sort of thing keep an eye on how the characters are framed then often the camera moves with them or changes the angle to reveal something. There was a shot of Alicent in the royal castle looking like she was behind bars. The theme of being trapped continued when she was looking out of the small holes in the carriage during the riot. Helaena's insects are caged and one of them has stopped singing - symbolic of Alicent's plight.

The show rightfully gets praised for the showrunning, acting and sets but the camerawork is probably underappreciated. If you are into that sort of thing keep an eye on how the characters are framed then often the camera moves with them or changes the angle to reveal something. There was a shot of Alicent in the royal castle looking like she was behind bars. The theme of being trapped continued when she was looking out of the small holes in the carriage during the riot. Helaena's insects are caged and one of them has stopped singing - symbolic of Alicent's plight.
There was also the shot of Alicent talking to her brother with Ser Cole in the background and Alicent being painfully aware of him but he - Ser Cole - continues attending to his horse

I think it's Addam with the dreds.

It's either that he thinks it's Laenor or that he can somehow tell from his blood (presume the smell) that he's from the same lineage (or partly the same I should say).

Addam doesn't have Laenor's blonde hair. Perhaps half brothers smell alike to a dragon.

It would have been clearer if Laenor had died rather than fake his own death. Somehow Seasmoke would know and the bond would be broken, ready for a new rider. Maybe dragons have a use it or lose it time limit.

I was expecting Steffon Darklyn to be barbecued. You have to be good looking to ride a dragon. Seasmoke is like yeah nah, swipe left.

I'm not loving Daemon twiddling his thumbs at Harrenhal for four episodes. It's like having Dustin Martin on your bench and not playing him.

And get Otto back in time for the finals.

Like many others i echo your thoughts on daemon @ harrenhall. At first it was quirky and different. Inquisitive too with the lady there doing things to his mind. Now it's time to move on. Like someone who is telling a joke or story that drags on and on and on then forgets the punchline. Thanks for your time, but let's go.

The Dusty Martin angle is interesting. Having someone with ability rotting away, like Dusty now at Richmond. RFC are like the blacks, no manpower (injuries).

The steps and that immediate area so many memorable moments in GOT lore have happened there.

The episodes and the symbolism fleshed out so immaculately with Ali. She is like an onion, many layers. At first whole, strong, ripe and ready. as time has passed each layer has been peeled away leaving a vulnerable thing. She has non one and is becoming no one.

So is the idea that Seasmoke thinks Addam / Alan (I can't remember which one is which) is Laenor Velayron?

I think it's more a visual cue that the Dragonseeds plan is right, they're just going about it the wrong way.

Blood is the key, but they're better off looking to the numerous bastards where the Targ/Velaryon blood is stronger rather than the nobles (ie Ser Steffon) with a much thinner link.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The episodes and the symbolism fleshed out so immaculately with Ali. She is like an onion, many layers. At first whole, strong, ripe and ready. as time has passed each layer has been peeled away leaving a vulnerable thing. She has non one and is becoming no one.

She is Ali no mates right now.

Criston is Cold. Aegon is bedridden. Aemond tells her she belongs in the kitchen. Her brother is like whatever sis. Her youngest son doesn't want to know her. Her Dad is partying in Ibiza.

I think it's more a visual cue that the Dragonseeds plan is right, they're just going about it the wrong way.

Blood is the key, but they're better off looking to the numerous bastards where the Targ/Velaryon blood is stronger rather than the nobles (ie Ser Steffon) with a much thinner link.
Not sure itā€™s a good idea to give a dragon to a bastard with a chip on their shoulder.

I love the show but that episode was not great.

As soon as that guy said "ive done it" i rolled my eyes. My pet peeve now is things happening for the audience's sake, not because it makes sense. Why would the dragon do that fake out? Be a better scene if all the tension was as the dragon approaches from deep in the cave, but then it just burns him to death immediately.

She is Ali no mates right now.

Criston is Cold. Aegon is bedridden. Aemond tells her she belongs in the kitchen. Her brother is like whatever sis. Her youngest son doesn't want to know her. Her Dad is partying in Ibiza.
notting-hill-hugh-grant.gif

And assume Ali is without baby now, she literally has nothing other than her want for power.

I love the show but that episode was not great.

As soon as that guy said "ive done it" i rolled my eyes. My pet peeve now is things happening for the audience's sake, not because it makes sense. Why would the dragon do that fake out? Be a better scene if all the tension was as the dragon approaches from deep in the cave, but then it just burns him to death immediately.

It really foreshadowed what was about to happen didnt it?

Im not a book reader, but perhaps it happened in the books like that and the producers/directors wanted it kept the same.

Shout out to the dragon guy with the big stick who got fried but had the presence of mind to slit his own throat so as to ensue a quick death. I wonder why they hold the big stick when it clearly has little use. Then again, nothing does. Then again, the stick had a fork in it

GTDe-56W8AAPF96.jpg

I'm seemingly in the minority who has really enjoyed the last few episodes.

The Daemon's madness at Harrenhal being a bit drawn out shouts are fair in isolation, but contrast it with complaints about Dany's arc being rushed in Season 8 of GOT. I've enjoyed his dynamic with Rivers and her role in helping his position in the Riverlands and humbling him in the process was satisfying.

I liked the dragon rejection scene - could have done without the 'I've done it' comment probably, while foolish the bloke was brave to give it a crack so probably deserved a bit more dignity with that death.

Read some complaints online about the kiss, but thought it was completely in-character for Rhaenyra given what we've learned of her character since her early days. Add to that the abandonment she is feeling, big tick from me.

Really enjoying this season thus far. Cinematically, it's really top notch.

did anyone else notice the parallels of harrenhall and kings landing in the aspect of whispers? We got to see clubfoot and mysaria ply their trade at influencing with words not swords in their locations. both clever and manipulative serving self interest and perhaps the interests of others who have not yet entered the Frey

I'm seemingly in the minority who has really enjoyed the last few episodes.

The Daemon's madness at Harrenhal being a bit drawn out shouts are fair in isolation, but contrast it with complaints about Dany's arc being rushed in Season 8 of GOT. I've enjoyed his dynamic with Rivers and her role in helping his position in the Riverlands and humbling him in the process was satisfying.

I liked the dragon rejection scene - could have done without the 'I've done it' comment probably, while foolish the bloke was brave to give it a crack so probably deserved a bit more dignity with that death.

Read some complaints online about the kiss, but thought it was completely in-character for Rhaenyra given what we've learned of her character since her early days. Add to that the abandonment she is feeling, big tick from me.

Really enjoying this season thus far. Cinematically, it's really top notch.
I think the Daemon scenes are fine, they don't drag out and we get to see old friends from past seasons into the bargain

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back