Streaming House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly is a slow burn, the season and the series

I think the jigsaw pieces came together well in the finale

When we come back there are, what, four story arcs, to explore which is much more than i anticipated at the end of Season 1.

Finally starting to see black humour amongst the gloom which was a criticism earlier on this season

But, yeh, want to see some move along in action in Season 3 which Wtaf is coming out in 2026?

🥹😳

It was mostly meh scenes with a few good ones. The stuff with Tyland and the Triarchy, and the Ulf scenes were all cringe. As a whole it felt quite disjointed as though they were trying to cram too much into one episode. The season ended on a anti-climax. They could have had one or two more episodes to give each sub-plot some more time and to end with some excitement.

We didn't get the creative camerawork that we saw in previous episodes. Alicent teleported. Daemon's visions made sense for his change of motivations but couldn't it have happened a few episodes ago?

The only good thing about that episode was the musical score at the end.

Please no-one try justify it with “but the dialogue and story telling was brilliant and it sets us up perfectly for season 3”!

Overall an average season. Just can’t find myself liking or forming a strong affiliation with any of the characters…Need’s a big lift!!

But but world building !!1!!

It was mostly meh scenes with a few good ones. The stuff with Tyland and the Triarchy, and the Ulf scenes were all cringe. As a whole it felt quite disjointed as though they were trying to cram too much into one episode. The season ended on a anti-climax. They could have had one or two more episodes to give each sub-plot some more time and to end with some excitement.

We didn't get the creative camerawork that we saw in previous episodes. Alicent teleported. Daemon's visions made sense for his change of motivations but couldn't it have happened a few episodes ago?

Agreed on Ulf. Comic relief but an annoying campaigner nugget.

Disjointed is a great word to describe that. Yes yes moving chess pieces.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Candle business must be profitable. The chandeliers are adorned with them At dragonstone

Lord Lannister gonna get some. The Westeros Amazonian scares me.

Ulf need learn ways of the court and manners. Notice prince what’s his name the only one using utensils at the table?

Interesting politicing. Her hand has joined Dae.

Cameos!!!! Dani and the night king

Rani is the queen!! Everyone kneeling. Shades of Aragon kneeling to the hobbits.

Rani now powerful. Alicent in no power position. . And wearing different. She ain’t a green no more. Alicent has learned to love again.

STARKSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Who they serve?

Young girl searching for her dragon. Hope she finds.

Otto!!!! Where you at?

Everyone’s marching and sailing and standing around.

What this has shown us is that something big is coming. When that is who knows.

Yeah it was a bit disjointed and was all set up.

I knew when there wasn’t dragon fights or a big battle that posters here would be complaining.

I think the issue is that a 2 year wait is such a long time.

Where the F was Otto?

He looked like he was in a prison cart.
Think he awakened from watching that episode. Underwhelming to say the least for a season ender

I thought it was fine, given it was cut 2 episodes short and had to deal with the writers strike. Removing Nettles seems to be the only part that seriously contradicts Fire and Blood. Wherever Otto is is also intriguing as he's not where he should be from the book. They should have kept Milly Alcock as Rhaenyra though as Emma D'arcy doesn't really have the same volatility I would expect from a Targaryen queen. Hopefully the last 2 seasons get at least 10 episodes each.

A really disappointing end to the season. I was willing to give the show the time to explore its themes at the expense of narrative throughout the course of the season, but to not pay those off and to end on a finale where the narrative conclusion was effectively - all the characters have made their decision and chosen where they lie - poor. I felt that conclusion was rather hollow, because we've seen Rhanyra and Alicent and Daemon etc all make decisions and choose a course of action only to falter later. So I have no sense of finality in the decisions made in this episode.

The only light at the end of the tunnel is that we 'should' have back to back to back battles, "all killer no filler" next season. But that's what I thought we were going to get this season? So who knows.

As a fantasy and sci-fi lover who buys into the idiosyncrasies of the created worlds we get to experience, i.e as someone who is pro an ordained ruling family, that matters should be resolved through conflict to determine who is stronger of mind and spirit rather than resolved through democracy of uneducated small folk, who buys into the prophecy and the premonitions, this seasons central message of "let's try and avoid war", "women don't want war, men are stupid" etc etc just didn't entertain me.

If the message had of been - let's try and avoid war because dragons are magical and deserve to be protected, then yes, but this show has put Rhaneyra and Alicent at its ideological core over dragons.

A disappointing end.

Candle business must be profitable. The chandeliers are adorned with them At dragonstone

Lord Lannister gonna get some. The Westeros Amazonian scares me.

Ulf need learn ways of the court and manners. Notice prince what’s his name the only one using utensils at the table?

Interesting politicing. Her hand has joined Dae.

Cameos!!!! Dani and the night king

Rani is the queen!! Everyone kneeling. Shades of Aragon kneeling to the hobbits.

Rani now powerful. Alicent in no power position. . And wearing different. She ain’t a green no more. Alicent has learned to love again.

STARKSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Who they serve?

Young girl searching for her dragon. Hope she finds.

Otto!!!! Where you at?

Everyone’s marching and sailing and standing around.

What this has shown us is that something big is coming. When that is who knows.
Starks are committed to Rhaneyra, as per Jace's diplomacy from Episode 1 on the Wall with Cregan Stark who agreed to send a few thousand "winter wolves", old Northmen who would rather die in the South in summer than live through another Winter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back