AFL Club
Carlton
$7.25 Million dollars on a platter from the AFL
8 home and away games in Melbourne each year
Priority picks and your own dedicated Draft Zone
AFL-funded marketing team
State of the art training facilities
Continued upgrades and improvement to Arden Street

In this deal you will only play 3 real "interstate" games, one of which will be at the GABBA. Guaranteed soft draw EVERY YEAR. Salary cap benefits would almost certainly form part of the deal, giving you ANOTHER advantage (aka Sydney). To sum it up, the club is pretty much guaranteed on-field and off-field success if they sign up for this deal.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/afl-splurges-to-tempt-roos/2007/11/01/1193619059519.html

Yep, and death.

What price do you put on your soul??

Don't worry mate I feel your pain. I wouldn't want the Blues to move for all the money in the world. The problem is, when it all boils down AFL football clubs are businesses that have to be self-sustainable in order to survive. From a business perspective the offer couldnt be any better.

Don't worry mate I feel your pain. I wouldn't want the Blues to move for all the money in the world. The problem is, when it all boils down AFL football clubs are businesses that have to be self-sustainable in order to survive. From a business perspective the offer couldnt be any better.

Noooo . . . .the offer could be to buy out the shareholding, pay off the debt, return the club to the members, and let us stay in Vicoria. Now that would be a good offer.

Or, if they are not feeling that generous, just give us an even draw and a fair share of FTA television, and set us loose to do the rest ourselves - in Victoria.

I firmly believe we can be self-sustainable, with the right changes within the club, and as long as we are treated fairly by the AFL. My biggest concern is that if (when) we reject their offer, they will respond as vindictively as possible.

Apart from the fact our club will no longer exist

Fck me if its so attractive why isnt every other club wanting to do it, because its not attractive if North Melbourne do it we r dead , its another team , licence or Franchise how hard is it to understand. The people i am angry with are the board over the last say 12 to 15 yrs never had proper plans and we r bottom of the list as far as non football revenue, with no ideas coming up, they have been average to say the least. Let people who have contacts , hands on the pulse are hands on get into the club and it can be turned around.

It's not a real offer. They couldn't sustain it.. imagine if they DID move.. and were immediately successful winning the next 3 flags. You think the other clubs would let them keep the 'easy draw' and all the concessions? no chance.

The only real figure in that offer is the elimination of their debt. The money that would goto the shareholders wouldn't benifit the football club.

How can we say no? Easy - NO! One of the easiest words in the English language. No No No No No!

Wrath

To sum it up, the club is pretty much guaranteed on-field and off-field success if they sign up for this deal

When we won our premierships there was nothing like the feeling of achievement and pride given the conditions that we worked under. There is no pride being handed a premiership on a plate.

We will be polite. Says thank you Mr. D. for the generous offer but we chose to stay with out loyal supporters here in the AFL heartland. If he wants any further information we will say that the Gold Coast is lovely for a holiday but it is full of flim flam men (used to be called the white shoe brigade)and not to our taste. We will also tell him that Gold Coast is known as "Gods Waiting Room" as oldies go North to see out retirement years in nice warm sunshine, however our Club is not ready to die yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

How can the Kangaroos say no...?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back