How do we stop Boomer?

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish I knew.
He's very good, and almost always tears us apart.
I also HATE him. Don't know why he annoys me so much, but he does.
Maybe if Tim Clarke had a bigger body he could run with him.
I don't really have answers. He won't get a great supply though with McIntosh out - that's a lucky break for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They,ve played shit all year they havent beaten weagles by few points, dog,s few points, drew with swans, lost to the pies, got killed by the lions..

And they still hold a big threat us go figure, i just dont know why have trouble with them realy we should beat them easily..\

And on to the Boomer topic we need to stop petrie if he goes foward he and Jone always kill us........

They,ve played shit all year they havent beaten weagles by few points, dog,s few points, drew with swans, lost to the pies, got killed by the lions..

And they still hold a big threat us go figure, i just dont know why have trouble with them realy we should beat them easily..\

And on to the Boomer topic we need to stop petrie if he goes foward he and Jone always kill us........

We shouldn't underestimate these duds.

They beat the pies. They are honest as the day is long. We are more talented but if we don't come to play against them they'll towell us up again.

People thought the same about them before the final last year.

What happened there?

Oh yeh, we got thumped.

Let's not be too arrogant, eh?

They're a good side who pushed Geelong only a few weeks ago.

Exactly right. Anyone else notice we're replaying history here? Finals 07 - beat the Crows by less than a goal, North got thumped by 100 points, everyone thinks Hawthorn have this one in the bag and start booking their flights to the Prelim final, and what happens? Frickin' North show us what happens when you underestimate the kangas.

Let's not make the same mistake again!

Need to stop Boomer, he tears us a new one everytime, and yes, for some unknown reason I hate him too!

I'd try Clarke on him, but make sure everyone else helps him out as much as possible. And this year instead of trying to physically dominate him like we did in the final last year (didn't work at all) we just need to concentrate on keeping him out of the contest as much as possible. Tag and scrag as much as we can, but force him wide at every opportunity by blocking his space and keeping to the inside of him wherever possible (keep you mind out of the gutter when reading that!).

My 2 cents, anyway.

What happened there?

Oh yeh, we got thumped.

Ugh, I'm sick of people reverting back to that North game. Fact is we played bad. We're a new team in 08 and 11- proves that. It's got nothing to do if supporters ''underestimate'' them, are we the ones playing?

Stoping Harvey? Give Clarke a go.

Bloke always kills us.

So yeh, how do we do it - without trying to knock him out like 'some' tried last year?

Sewell's out, so that could be a worry ...

Clarke?
I would put Cyril Rioli on him. I reckon that he needs somebody with a lot of pace to be able to keep up with him and to eventually take him out of the game.

What happened there?

Oh yeh, we got thumped.

I agree with you. This is one game where I would be happy to have Clarke in the side, Boomer needs a heavy tag and as much as I don't really rate Clarke he will run all day with Harvey and harass the hell out of him. Being that Sewell isn't an option and Osbourne has been so attacking for us lately I think Clarke should get the job, if not maybe Brown?

It's a tough one, and I certainly won't be underestimating the Roos neither will Clarko, he will be determined to beat them again, as much as they say they are over it last years final would still be very fresh in the minds of our players.

Look for Hodge to have a big impact.

Gee I want to win this one!

Remove this Banner Ad

How do we stop Boomer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back