How do you solve a problem like Buddy and Roughy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 10, 2007
SAPMA Headquarters
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Queensland Reds, Melbourne Rebels
It is almost inevitable that Buddy and Roughy will kick at least 3 a piece against us, but how can we prevent that from being 7 or 8? Fletcher being out is obviously not going to help. Ryder will have to spend his time when not in the ruck in the back line helping out the youngens. I realise that kelvin believes that one cannot ruck and play in defence, but what choice do we have? Hurley to play on Roughead and Pears on Buddy? Is McPhee an option after getting smashed by Brown? Maybe Hooker is a better option. It is better that we do not think about the midefiel battle.

It is almost inevitable that Buddy and Roughy will kick at least 3 a piece against us, but how can we prevent that from being 7 or 8? Fletcher being out is obviously not going to help. Ryder will have to spend his time when not in the ruck in the back line helping out the youngens. I realise that kelvin believes that one cannot ruck and play in defence, but what choice do we have? Hurley to play on Roughead and Pears on Buddy? Is McPhee an option after getting smashed by Brown? Maybe Hooker is a better option. It is better that we do not think about the midefiel battle.
Hooker is an option on one of them,
Daniher or Hurley hopefully are back, and Pears was pretty good on Bradshaw

Too many options i say.

Hooker is an option on one of them,
Daniher or Hurley hopefully are back, and Pears was pretty good on Bradshaw

Too many options i say.

Yeh Pears played a good game bar Bradshaw kicking some goals late was really surprised to see he only had half a dozen stats

This thread is not nearly as catchy as "How do you solve a problem like Maria?".

<George singing> How do you solve a problem like Maria? </George singing>

This thread is not nearly as catchy as "How do you solve a problem like Maria?".

<George singing> How do you solve a problem like Maria? </George singing>

The Sound of Music was my inspiration.

The Sound of Music was my inspiration.

Really, heh. I mean I have seen The Sound of Music and realised that is the original reference. I just didn't think a guy on a football forum would make such a reference.

Not that I'm questioning your manhood or anything. :p

Says the person who youtube'd The Sound of Music clip earlier to listen to the song again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we should flood. And play damned ugly football. I remember they did it to us in 2005 when they stank. And we only won by 3 points that day.
Bugger em. Id rather lose by 4 goals than 20!
If we play like we have been the past 3 weeks its gonna be humiliating to watch.

We need to restrict and pressure their midfield supply. Hooker moves really well for his size, he may get Buddy and Pears Roughead.

If Pears and Hooker get taken to the cleaners, I have no idea what plan B will be. Maybe it could be, to not put McPhee on Lance.

Fletch being out is a massive loss. I hope Hurley comes up, will be a good experience for him.

Our midfielder play predominately backward of the centre and never pass half forward and our half forwards dont go chasing easy kicks in the backline would be a start. Forwards have to stand up, time to let the passengers out. Monfries will most likely go to Hodge, should be interesting. I'd be happy with Hooker on Buddy.

Would love for both Daniher and Hurley to be match-fit. I feel Pears is suitable for either; Hurley would be best on Roughead for his body-work, and Daniher on Buddy for his pace and agility. The three of them could help each other out, in a perfect world. If one of Daniher or Hurley doesn't come up, Hooker to take Buddy.
Despite the probable loss coming, I'm pretty excited to see how our young backs (hoping that they all play) fair against the best in the business.

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you solve a problem like Buddy and Roughy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back