How do you whistle?

Remove this Banner Ad

By using your hands?

Its something Id really like to know how to do so if anyone can do it can you please post how!! I know theres the two and technique with two fingers each and then theres the thumb and middle finger one.

Thanks in advance!

Didn't Ingrid Bergman say something like "You know how to whistle don't you Rick - put your lips together and blow" in Casablanca?

Originally posted by rfctigerarmy
By using your hands?

Its something Id really like to know how to do so if anyone can do it can you please post how!! I know theres the two and technique with two fingers each and then theres the thumb and middle finger one.

Thanks in advance!

Yep ... Colin basically has it right.

This is the easiest way for me to do it...

- using the 1st 2 fingers on each hand (you might find it easier using only the 1st finger). Point the the 2 fingers straight out and close the thumb and other 2 fingers on each hand.

- bring hands together so that the fingers meet to form an upsidedown 'V' shape.

- now gently curve your lips over your teeth and push the fingers into your mouth (the sides, top and bottom of your lips should be firmly pushing on your fingers).

- either while doing the above or now have you tongue curl up and back on itself under your fingers. (the tip of your tongue should be close to the tips of your fingers inside your mouth).

- now blow and experiment....

try changing around any combination of the following until you produce a whistle:
- strength of blowing
- finger position (up/down on the tongue, depth in/out of mouth)
- tongue position (folded back more/less)

HTH

there is no way you can explain how to do it. try explaining the normal whistle.., if you just purse your lips and blow, nothing.. you just have to get the tongue and fingers in the right position. no-one can teach you, you have to practice.

i only learnt how to do it about a year ago. now i can be heard about 1km away.

Re: Re: How do you whistle?

Originally posted by kaysee
Yep ... Colin basically has it right.

This is the easiest way for me to do it...

- using the 1st 2 fingers on each hand (you might find it easier using only the 1st finger). Point the the 2 fingers straight out and close the thumb and other 2 fingers on each hand.

- bring hands together so that the fingers meet to form an upsidedown 'V' shape.

- now gently curve your lips over your teeth and push the fingers into your mouth (the sides, top and bottom of your lips should be firmly pushing on your fingers).

- either while doing the above or now have you tongue curl up and back on itself under your fingers. (the tip of your tongue should be close to the tips of your fingers inside your mouth).

- now blow and experiment....

try changing around any combination of the following until you produce a whistle:
- strength of blowing
- finger position (up/down on the tongue, depth in/out of mouth)
- tongue position (folded back more/less)

HTH

I CAN WHISTLE LIKE THAT NOW !!!!! :D:D:D:D:THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THXTHX THX THX THX THXTHX THX THX THX THXTHX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THXTHX THX THX THX THXTHX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THXTHX THX THX THX THXTHX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THXTHX THX THX THX THXTHX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THX THXTHX THX THX THX THXTHX THX THX THX THX THX

YAYAY !!! Thanks so much dude im omg so happy!! :D:D:D

I struggled with it for a while, caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and stopped.

I would really like to be able to whistle like that though, would come in handy at work (not sure how but I'm sure I would use it.)

Originally posted by Black JuJu
I struggled with it for a while, caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and stopped.

I would really like to be able to whistle like that though, would come in handy at work (not sure how but I'm sure I would use it.)

Doesnt look the best does it?

Better when the country foke do it.. so professional! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you whistle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back