How is everyone's Friday looking

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello fellow Crows... I have a disaster at my hands... after not having missed a home game all year, and not having missed a single match on TV for away games... I have a serious problem. I need your help.

I am a school teacher and we have a school camp on Friday night. I can't believe it. Been booked in since February and I didn't get a choice as to whether I went. It was booked by a non-football person, of course. Kind of like those people who have their weddings on GF Day. Anyway...

I plan to have some "quality bonding time" and teach the kids some new swear words while I watch the game. The problem is I don't know how to watch it... I am prepared to stream it, I have access to a computer, iPad, AppleTV, FoxtelGo, 4G dongle, data projector etc... but I'm aware the AFL app won't allow it to be played on a computer and blocks things like appleTV from working.

Any suggestions...?! PLEASE!

Foxtel Go

I'm told it won't work... Will it definitely steam FoxFooty? And can I airplay it? I don't want to just watch it on my iPad... I want to put it on a big screen and force the kids to watch it as a special bonding exercise.

Where are you going?

If you have a big screen TV, get an aerial and then tune the TV in.

Where are you going?

If you have a big screen TV, get an aerial and then tune the TV in.
Oh of course, why didn't he think of that? Why go to the trouble of posting on here when all he needs to do is plus in his trusty TV?

Mate, take a set top box with you, speakers, an aerial and connect it to the projector via composite cables or HDMI if the projector supports it. Solved!

I am so tossing up whether or not to go. Friday night is so much harder to get to than Saturday. Augh.
It's end of term here for us, so my son was only at school for a half day... and it's like, meh it's last day, he doesn't need to go. Hubby and I were both on holidays as of Friday afternoon anyways, so it's all worked out for us. I'm SO stoked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once again, already booked a neutral GF package in February so I'll be in Adelaide for this final, at a party. I don't care how loud the music is, the TV is getting commandeered and turned all the way up! My friends are about a third Port, a third Crows and a third non-footy-supporters, so a few will be joining me glued to the set.

Have to go to a wedding next Saturday ....who the **** gets married in September !!!
So we went last night.

Am glad it's a Friday night game so at least we can watch it.
dw
I know a couple who planned their wedding in October.
Then the AFL goes and delays the GF by a week due to cricket world cup.
Nek minnut, their team (West Coast) start to dominate.

They're a Perth couple....

Poor guys, maybe they need to postpone the wedding a few hours so they can all watch it.

Flights booked. Aiming for a Wednesday coughing fit at morning meeting, which should develop into a full blown cold by Thursday just before knock off.
Reckon there'll be a whole lot of that going around Adelaide this week. For it to look legit - maybe start coming down with it todayish?

Hello fellow Crows... I have a disaster at my hands... after not having missed a home game all year, and not having missed a single match on TV for away games... I have a serious problem. I need your help.

I am a school teacher and we have a school camp on Friday night. I can't believe it. Been booked in since February and I didn't get a choice as to whether I went. It was booked by a non-football person, of course. Kind of like those people who have their weddings on GF Day. Anyway...

I plan to have some "quality bonding time" and teach the kids some new swear words while I watch the game. The problem is I don't know how to watch it... I am prepared to stream it, I have access to a computer, iPad, AppleTV, FoxtelGo, 4G dongle, data projector etc... but I'm aware the AFL app won't allow it to be played on a computer and blocks things like appleTV from working.

Any suggestions...?! PLEASE!

You'll need a cable that fits into whatever device you plan on streaming the game with, that will then connect into the data projector or monitor. Do iPad's have a Thunderbolt port? I connect my Macbook Air to the TV occasionally using a Thunderbolt to HDMI cable.

dw
I know a couple who planned their wedding in October.
Then the AFL goes and delays the GF by a week due to cricket world cup.
Nek minnut, their team (West Coast) start to dominate.

They're a Perth couple....

Poor guys, maybe they need to postpone the wedding a few hours so they can all watch it.

That's unfortunate ....I don;t know what these 2 were thinking .....8 of us go every week to the footy

We're all just shaking our heads .....

Would love to be going, but I've already seen two finals losses to the Hawks, live, so perhaps staying home is best for all concerned.

On a side note, would we have the best 'travelling fans' in the competition?

I honestly think we are undisputed in this regard.

So it was YOUR fault then :eek:

Yes ..stay home :thumbsu::D

I've just been bumped out of my extra legroom seat that I booked weeks ago on the Virgin flight back Sat morning, for "operational reasons"

Think that might mean I'm on the flight back with the boys, who need the legroom even more than I do:)

I'll try to get the good oil from Danger;)

Remove this Banner Ad

How is everyone's Friday looking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back