How many friends your age have passed on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Two I was close to, and another who was just at our very small school so everyone knew of her at least, all car accidents.

The first two were a brother and sister. I was 17 at the time, the brother, my best mate, was 18, and the sister was 20. They also had a good friend from Canada in the car who died. Just got cleaned up at a crossroads by a truck after they pulled out without looking. I feel for the truck driver.

The worst part was though my mates family (mum, dad, little brother and sister) were travelling through the desert somewhere and couldn't be contacted, so we knew what had happened and they didn't.

I still remember everything about that day. Early morning my parents coming in to tell me, seeing my others mates for the first time after it, wandering the streets of my little town in the early morning not knowing what to do, mourning at school with others...just horrible.

Two I was close to, and another who was just at our very small school so everyone knew of her at least, all car accidents.

The first two were a brother and sister. I was 17 at the time, the brother, my best mate, was 18, and the sister was 20. They also had a good friend from Canada in the car who died. Just got cleaned up at a crossroads by a truck after they pulled out without looking. I feel for the truck driver.

The worst part was though my mates family (mum, dad, little brother and sister) were travelling through the desert somewhere and couldn't be contacted, so we knew what had happened and they didn't.

I still remember everything about that day. Early morning my parents coming in to tell me, seeing my others mates for the first time after it, wandering the streets of my little town in the early morning not knowing what to do, mourning at school with others...just horrible.

And welcoming to the thread.... Buzz Killington.

That story is just awful. I am regretting clicking on this thread! Might have to go find a "Do you eat your spaghetti with a spoon?" thread to regain my Monday.

And welcoming to the thread.... Buzz Killington.

That story is just awful. I am regretting clicking on this thread! Might have to go find a "Do you eat your spaghetti with a spoon?" thread to regain my Monday.

Sorry dude. Just be happy it didn't happen to you. I rekon until about six months ago I thought about it everyday, but I've noticed lately I'll go times not thinking about it. Just a shit situation.

one of my real good mates died in a motor accident down tapleys hill road in adelaide at 130km/h, i still remember my best mate ringing me....

me "hey mate how are you"
him "not good mate"
me "why whats happened"
him "its pete(not his real name but thought id leave that out)
me "whats happened"
him "hes dead"

still think about if quite abit...remember the funeral so well, so sad, so many young people there crying! bloody sucks because he was such a good dude too, wouldnt hurt a fly and came from the best family

my mate went to a adelaide school where like 6 people in his year have died
one shark attack, two or three from cancer, one hit by a train, one a tram, one murdered!

Luckily none but couple years ago a girl from my VCE class was killed in a motor accident during one of the holiday periods. The driver was drunk and there were like 6 people crammed into the car. When the teacher broke the news to class we were just stunned.

Fortunately (if that's the right word) I've never had a friend die (I'm 21). However, I vaguely knew of a couple of people who died when I was a kid.

In year 7 a friend's younger sister (she was only 5 or 6 I think) died when she was hit by a car while crossing the road from behind the school bus. That was a sad thing at our primary school, although I remember being more shocked than sad (although I did feel for him). I had met her once some time previously at his house. Perhaps not surprisingly, they moved to another state some time later but moved back a few years later.

Also when I was in year 9 I read in the local newspaper a story about a kid a year older than me who had committed suicide the previous year. I had never spoken to him but I had seen him around back in primary school, so it was a weird feeling.

Ive just turned 22 and a bloke i used to work with had a car crash. Hit a tree at a very high speed on a straight road after his girlfriend had broken up with him.

I went to Unley High School in the same year as Simon Goodwin and we quite literally had a bloke die from our year level every year we were there.

One bloke hit by a car getting off a bus, one stabbed by a javelin resulting in internal bleeding, one had seizures like Travolta's boy and died surfing, one bloke got cancer and one died from an epileptic fit.

We wuz jinxed!

Similar thing happened to the Year level above me at school.

One got eaten by a shark (Nick peterson)
One kid got hit by a train
One by a tram
One got murdered by a biker
One died from cancer
Another was a car crash
One was suicide

Pretty sure there was another one but i cant remember who it was

one of my real good mates died in a motor accident down tapleys hill road in adelaide at 130km/h, i still remember my best mate ringing me....

me "hey mate how are you"
him "not good mate"
me "why whats happened"
him "its pete(not his real name but thought id leave that out)
me "whats happened"
him "hes dead"

still think about if quite abit...remember the funeral so well, so sad, so many young people there crying! bloody sucks because he was such a good dude too, wouldnt hurt a fly and came from the best family

my mate went to a adelaide school where like 6 people in his year have died
one shark attack, two or three from cancer, one hit by a train, one a tram, one murdered!

Had a conversation exactly like this one with one of my friends who called me after his dad died. It really isn't a great experience.

Just had news from the paper that a former goal umpire had passed away. Apparently he'd been really sick for a while.

:(

Oh and yeah Glenn McGrath's wife Jane passed away on June 22 last year. Still rather emotional about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** it, just **** it.

just got off the phone, literally while I was reading this.

A mate of mine has just gone to visit his father (who's been ill for quite a while), and found him lying in the kitchen, with the fridge door open. He didn't know what to do, so he rang me. I talked him through a pulse and breathing check, and he's calling 000, though it's most likely too late.

He doesn't have any brothers or sisters, his mum died years ago, so now he's alone.

sometimes life pisses you off.

I'm 15 and already one of my friends has been close to death on numerous occasions. Almost drowned once and tried to commit suicide a few times, but with a little help he is now back on track.

few lost some to suicide, my cousin who was a year or 2 older than succumb to cancer, a car crash, in fact a guy I know (not friends, more acquantances) had his life support switched off last week sadly...... awesome idea for a thread.....:(

I remember seeing this girl for a while. She had a friend who was acting ****ing weird while we were on a drive. Next minute she jumps out, that shocked me. She was alright though, we werent going too fast. That was the last time I hung out with those *****.

One of my mates committed suicide. Funniest bloke I've known til today.

Very sad all these people going too soon. Slow down on the roads and don't bloomin drink drive. Probably would halve the road toll if people just took things a little more safely.

Maybe it's time for accident re-enactment videos to be shown at school around the time when people get their P's? Unfortunately there are too many people that think it will never happen to them and they can drive like Evil Knieval.

I just found out one of my mates just died from luekemia bringing the total to 2...

i can't ****ing believe it.....

**** it, just **** it.

just got off the phone, literally while I was reading this.

A mate of mine has just gone to visit his father (who's been ill for quite a while), and found him lying in the kitchen, with the fridge door open. He didn't know what to do, so he rang me. I talked him through a pulse and breathing check, and he's calling 000, though it's most likely too late.

He doesn't have any brothers or sisters, his mum died years ago, so now he's alone.

sometimes life pisses you off.

That's not good. It seems strange how these things happen when a thread like this is made. Maybe it's a curse. :eek:

I'm 17 and I've had a very good run regarding deaths. I've only had to deal with one death in the family, which is obviously unfortunate, but I consider myself lucky to still have 3 grandparents. As for people my age, I don't think anyone from my grade, or the grade above or below at school has died, whether they be acquaintances or friends or w/e. Hopefully there's no curse to this thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

How many friends your age have passed on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back