Roast How many goals should a key forward kick in 5 weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends.

Where? Eagles Forward line
When? When we are getting spanked
Why? Because theres no football in that area
How? We have a shit midfield

Complaining about Kennedy and co not kicking enough goals is a bit like complaining about not getting a root at a all boys school. Hardly the environment for such activities and Eagles are no different.

Yeah true probably time to try someone else. Although in the last 5 games Kennedy has only kicked 4 and he is a lot better than Lynch. Lynch has also been playing more a CHF role so has been getting a few inside 50s/goal assists.

Personally I think he is the least of our problems at the moment.

He is exactly the problem. We are not a bloody charity, he is not good enough. We cant afford to carry players that give us nothing,
Lynch isnt the best forward going around thats for sure but we have major issues elsewhere. Midfield needs to get better.
Carrying players like Embley and Masten is hurting us more than Lynch.

He is exactly the problem. We are not a bloody charity, he is not good enough. We cant afford to carry players that give us nothing,

If the **** isnt being polished who takes the blame. The **** or the polish.

I say the polish. The **** was a **** to begin with. We bought the polish to make it better and it failed.

Lynch isnt the best forward going around thats for sure but we have major issues elsewhere. Midfield needs to get better.
Carrying players like Embley and Masten is hurting us more than Lynch.

It's not a matter of either or, it's time to drop all who're not performing and being carried.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, there's an issue here. And that is that we've still got to put 22 out next week and it's impossible to pick that many in our team that have earned their spot.

True. Most players for WC have been shit, but to varying degrees. I thought that the selections for omissions would start from the least worthy, and make their way from there, would be a good start.

If you answered zero, you are wrong, Quinten Lynch and hopefully dropped next week.

You are right, i was defending him a few weeks back because his endeavour was good and he was spotting targets with his kicking rather than going the long bomb.. But if your playing FF/CHF youve got to kick bloody goals.

Id give Naita a shot at playing FF rather then ruck for the rest of the year.

Wilson has done pretty well in the wafl all season considering he's a 21 year old key forward who's playing second fiddle. Give him the last 4 weeks of the season at FF just so we can if he's worth keeping around.

Put it to him bluntly as well. Say kid, you've got 4 weeks at FF in an AFL side to prove that you can have a career at this level. Otherwise its bye bye birdy.

without being smart, your disposal into your forwardline isnt good. if mark lecras wasnt such a freak, even he would struggle

Lynch plays as a Forward? Since when?

Named as FF but has the whole park to work with. We need Kennedy up the ground presenting, he's a vastly more dangerous kick going inside 50 than Lynch.

Regardless, the man has been consistently named as our full forward, has 7 goals for the entire year. That is a ridiculous number. I never expected a huge number. But he is giving nothing. Here is a list of players who have also kicked 7 or more most of which have been restricted to less games than Lynch:

Hams: 9 games - 7 goals at 0.78 gpg
Strijk: 6 games - 7 goals at 1.17 gpg
Naitanui: 18 games - 8 goals at 0.44 gpg
Cox: 18 games - 10 goals at 0.54 gpg
Kennedy: 18 games - 39 goals at 2.17 gpg
Le Cras: 17 games - 58 goals at 3.41 gpg
Ben McKinley: 9 games - 16 goals at 1.78 gpg

Even Shuey who slots in with 1.33 gpg but only knocked up 3 games so far...

If Lynch doesnt offer us a full forward position that goals does he do other things?

Pressure? Non-existant. Lucky to attempt a chase these days. He is 4th last on our list for tackles per game. Even the much maligned Mckinley gets 2.44 tackles per game. A good example is Hams sitting pretty on 3.5 tackles per game.

Marking? Mildly okay. Still has it run straight through the mitts far too often. Is not what you would call a pack marker so he is restricted to mark on the lead.

Kicking? Got a good kick on him. Accuracy of a blind muppet though. He is actually top of our list for inside 50's per game. Not really surprising though is the fact that per game, he only gets 0.9 assists. Scattershot tactic. Brilliant? Hardly. McKinley with under half the inside 50 count of 2 per game, gets around 0.8 assists per game.

So what does he actually bring to the team? The only thing I see is that he draws a big defender. I cringe and find it ridiculous that after the attempt at a hard line chosen at the start of the season, Worsfold continues to play him.

So what does he actually bring to the team? The only thing I see is that he draws a big defender. I cringe and find it ridiculous that after the attempt at a hard line chosen at the start of the season, Worsfold continues to play him.

Because if experienced players like Lynchy and Embers weren't in the team we'd get smashed by 100+ points every round.

Apparently. :rolleyes:

McKinley or Wilson mightn't be the answer, but Lynch is a bit of an embarrassment.

I say we tank* for pick 4 and grab a true FF.

Lynch + Hansen as depth players in 2011.

* getting the spoon isn't so shameful if you call it tanking.

Because if experienced players like Lynchy and Embers weren't in the team we'd get smashed by 100+ points every round.

Apparently. :rolleyes:

McKinley or Wilson mightn't be the answer, but Lynch is a bit of an embarrassment.

I say we tank* for pick 4 and grab a true FF.

Lynch + Hansen as depth players in 2011.

* getting the spoon isn't so shameful if you call it tanking.

You know the way we are playing im not sure what would be more of a disgrace. Legitimately getting the spoon or tanking for it.

McKinley should be in the side ahead of Lynch for so many reasons.... if it doesn't;t happen this week worsfold has truly let his dislike for McKinley get it the way of having the best team out on the park..

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast How many goals should a key forward kick in 5 weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back