Autopsy Round 7, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Free Kick Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting sick of being bullied by bloody Gold Coast

Everyone else seems to cover them comfortably.

Hopefully next year when we play them we can match them physically.

They've beaten us 5 of the last 6 times now

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
They’re undefeated in four home games and that was the second smallest win of the lot?

Robbed by the umps - disgraceful! That 50 against Petrucelle was mindblowing! WTF!!!!
Yeo was sensational again - some of the things he did, WOW!
Too many passengers today, still too many that shouldn't/wouldn't get a game anywhere else.
Killed on the outside, players still not running hard both ways - TK, looking at you.
Players like Sheed and L. Edwards are too slow for today's run and stun game. Maybe Luke may be a good back up, but Sheed, sorry mate - you don't run, you don't play. That should be the mantra for every player out there.
Some good point' but the
50 against Petrucelle was text book and very dumb for a seasoned professional player. Many of our high tackles were just lazy from well beaten players showing desperation.

That whole petro 50m play was infuriating.

I think it was Rotham, took a nice mark, did a risky kick 20m inside, eagles player barely marked it, he then kicked it back to Rotham who was under pressure as well, he managed to mark it again, then kicks it out bounds, petro gives away a 50.

Our own worst enemy today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was relatively happy with our performance, Suns are tough to beat there. Lots of good performances, but Waterman was the standout for me.
Really liked Rothams game, best in ages. Edwards was pretty decent too.

I've got to call out the umpiring, it was pretty bloody bad. Felt that really hurt us.

Not related to this game but I was trying to look for stats on Cripps when a few things stood out to me about Darling.

For the 2024 season amongst Key Forwards in the AFL he is top 10 in the following stats:

• 4th for tackles inside 50.
  • 5th for tackles.
  • =8th for pressure acts.
  • =6th for spoils.
  • =8th for defensive half pressure acts.
  • =5th for rebound 50s (admittedly this is only 2).
  • =5th for ground ball gets.
  • =6th for forward 50 ground ball gets.
  • =10th for contested marks.
  • =7th for score launches.

That's a lot more than I thought I would find him in. The contested marks really surprised me, feels like he hasn't taken more than 2.

He's hardly a star anymore but they're decent enough numbers for him on the way down from his lofty peak. It paints the picture of a defensive player putting in the hard yards but lacking in offensive output.

It would be nice if he could do a little more on offence but I dare say he's doing more than meets the eye to help players like Waterman shine at the very least.

If he could get more marks on the lead I think that opens up the offence side for him completely by either generating shots or being involved in a new way for score involvements. Not sure how stuffed his body is though and whether he can improve this at all. With 35 i50s today and most of them being crap it would be a struggle.

He might be on a fast decline but I feel like he does more grunt work than people realise. It will be interesting to see what he's playing like when Allen comes back and whether he keeps his spot.

Some good point' but the
50 against Petrucelle was text book and very dumb for a seasoned professional player. Many of our high tackles were just lazy from well beaten players showing desperation.
Text book what? Do you think his intent was time wasting? Cause that’s what the 50 had to be for

Not related to this game but I was trying to look for stats on Cripps when a few things stood out to me about Darling.

For the 2024 season amongst Key Forwards in the AFL he is top 10 in the following stats:

• 5th for tackles.
  • =6th for spoils.

That's a lot more than I thought I would find him in. The contested marks really surprised me, feels like he hasn't taken more than 2.

He's hardly a star anymore but they're decent enough numbers for him on the way down from his lofty peak. It paints the picture of a defensive player putting in the hard yards but lacking in offensive output.

It would be nice if he could do a little more on offence but I dare say he's doing more than meets the eye to help players like Waterman shine at the very least.

If he could get more marks on the lead I think that opens up the offence side for him completely by either generating shots or being involved in a new way for score involvements. Not sure how stuffed his body is though and whether he can improve this at all. With 35 i50s today and most of them being crap it would be a struggle.

He might be on a fast decline but I feel like he does more grunt work than people realise. It will be interesting to see what he's playing like when Allen comes back and whether he keeps his spot.
His best trait is halving contests he has no right to.

His worst trait is halving contests he should easily win.

Darling still has a role to play and works his backside off more than he’ll ever get credit for, but is now a more frustrating watch than ever because the fall off is so pronounced. I think when Flynn comes back, and assuming full health obviously, we’ll find our way to an Allen/Waterman/BWill tall trio, with Darling resting or playing WAFL.

• 5th for tackles.
  • =6th for spoils.

For the stats on Crippa...

For the game:
=#4 Tackles
=#2 Goals
=#6 I50
=#6 Score Involvements
1 of 4 to lay a tackle inside 50.

for the season:
#2 for goals
#8 for Tackles
#4 for Goal Assists
#9 for i50s
#3 for Score involvements
#2 Tackles i50
#4 Pressure Acts
#4 Marks
#2 Marks i50
#5 Rating points

Stats are just within the team not AFL wide.

Robbed by the umps - disgraceful! That 50 against Petrucelle was mindblowing! WTF!!!!
Yeo was sensational again - some of the things he did, WOW!
Too many passengers today, still too many that shouldn't/wouldn't get a game anywhere else.
Killed on the outside, players still not running hard both ways - TK, looking at you.
Players like Sheed and L. Edwards are too slow for today's run and stun game. Maybe Luke may be a good back up, but Sheed, sorry mate - you don't run, you don't play. That should be the mantra for every player out there.
Petrecelle's 50 metre penalty was warranted. The ball was outside the line and he punched it away. Thats been a 50 for years.

He’s been such a wonderful servant of the club, Darling. Maligned, sure, but you can never fault his work ethic or the impact he has on the side when he is up and about. Takes a lot of heat off our other key forwards by always being a threat.

Truly deserves our #2 goalkicking spot. He has had such a massive impact on JK, too. It seems so apt they are 1 & 2. Deserves to get to 300.

I’d like to move Ginbey to a wing permanently. Reads the play well and covers for his poor pace.
I think you've got it backwards. Ginbey isn't slow, but he's still learning to read the play. It's why he's second to a lot of contests.

I do think he's improving in that regard though, will have a big breakout game after the bye at some point where it will all click.

Its unfortunate but it is likely he is going to fall short....and there will be some ??? if continues next year.

But agree with the sentiment deserves to be recognised for what he has achieved over the journey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back