Prediction How Many in the TOP 50?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's awesome that we have so few in the top 50. I assume that it'll be 3 only now.

Those three can only take us so far. The other 19 (+10 waiting in the wings) - they're the ones that will continue to drive the club forward.
Jack, Edwards, Lambert, Nank, Rioli, Caddy, Prestia, Towno, Astbury, Grimes, Vlastuin, B.Ellis, Castagna, Butler.... some very solid names. Some (arguably) close to the top 50. some lucky to be top 200. But - put them on the park together and the whole beats the sum of the parts by a long way.

I think it's awesome that we have so few in the top 50. I assume that it'll be 3 only now.

Those three can only take us so far. The other 19 (+10 waiting in the wings) - they're the ones that will continue to drive the club forward.
Jack, Edwards, Lambert, Nank, Rioli, Caddy, Prestia, Towno, Astbury, Grimes, Vlastuin, B.Ellis, Castagna, Butler.... some very solid names. Some (arguably) close to the top 50. some lucky to be top 200. But - put them on the park together and the whole beats the sum of the parts by a long way.

No you are wrong ... Edwards will be top five appararently ;)

Missing five games has nothing to do with top 50 either; he's simply not top 50 worthy.
My point stands, a guy deemed equal 13th best at Richmond is not going to make anyone's top 50 (well, except yours and maybe a few blinkered Tigers supporters).
Zero ..... zero Brownlow votes, so not deemed in the top three players in any one game during 2017 .. and you think he's top 50. Give me a break!
I'll give you my house and car if he figures in the top 50.

If you believe Edwards is the 13th best player at Richmond because of his b&f finish then there is very little point arguing with you.

I’ll give you one game he was in the top 3 players, the grand final. Imo he is a big key to everything we do, and opens up play in congestion more than anyone, dusty included.

He won’t be in the top 50, I just said in my opinion he would be in mine and his value is not seen on the surface like most other players.

Just watch the latest JLT. No one cares who kicks the goals or who gets the highlight stats. It's a team.

Best Individual players doesn't matter - any player who is an AFL footballer is a star far and away above the likes of normal mortals like you and me. They are all capable of individual brilliance.

The best team wins.

1. D Martin
2. A Rance
3. T Cotchin
4. S Edwards
5. J Reiwoldt
6. D Prestia
7. K Lambert
8. S Grigg
9. B Houli
10. J Caddy
11. D Grimes
12. D Astbury
13. N Vlaustin
14. T Nankervis
15. D Rioli
16. D Butler
17. J Graham
18. B Ellis
19. K McIntosh
20. J Townsend
21. J Castagna
22. N Broad
23. P Dangerfield
24. L Franklin
25. N Fyfe

If you believe Edwards is the 13th best player at Richmond because of his b&f finish then there is very little point arguing with you.

I’ll give you one game he was in the top 3 players, the grand final. Imo he is a big key to everything we do, and opens up play in congestion more than anyone, dusty included.

He won’t be in the top 50, I just said in my opinion he would be in mine and his value is not seen on the surface like most other players.
Was a bee's dick away from being Norm Smith. That's how much I rated his game in the biggest stage of them all.
Only his name prevented him from being discussed.
For mine it was:
3: Houli
2: Edwards
1: Martin

Was a bee's dick away from being Norm Smith. That's how much I rated his game in the biggest stage of them all.
Only his name prevented him from being discussed.
For mine it was:
3: Houli
2: Edwards
1: Martin
Champion data rated that Shedda's career best game. Was not a bad time to play his best game after 205 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Champion data rated that Shedda's career best game. Was not a bad time to play his best game after 205 games.
Honestly I thought he was that close to BOG it wasn't funny.

Most underrated player in the comp. massive fan of sheds
He and jack, Reiwoldt that is are two of the most intelligent, skilled and underrated players in the comp.

He and jack, Reiwoldt that is are two of the most intelligent, skilled and underrated players in the comp.

Bang on rodders. Add Griggs into the mix and chimp and the footy IQ of the side ain’t bad

I would question whether Natanui is top 50 right now. That said he got zero votes as he didn't play. at all. Of course you realised that, didn't you (no)? Rampe a backman, who'll never get vote (just as Rance always gets six) It's a midfielder awards.
I never said best and fairest votes and Brownlow are the LONE criteria to pickling a top 50, but glazing your eye over best and fairest winners will give you a decent indication of your top 10 or 20 ... guys like Martin, Dangerfield, Bontempelli, Parker, Josh Kelly will give you a good idea who's going to be close to top 10 and 20 alongside perennials like Franklin, Selwood, Kennedy, Fyfe, Pendlebury and Sloane.
Edwards ... give me a break!

My original reply to this post was removed by a mod because it was deemed too condescending and aggressive... Just trying to have a lil fun and dish a bit of medicine back...

Anywho - seems like I’m not the only one to rates Titch as a top 50.

I can more than easily respect that you don’t rate him as a top 50 player, though I disagree.

Regarding the players top 50, glad Cotch was able to make it, still think he should’ve broken the top 20. Can’t see Jack being too 20 though. Reckon Dusty and Rance will be the only others for us.

1. D Martin
2. A Rance
3. T Cotchin
4. S Edwards
5. J Reiwoldt
6. D Prestia
7. K Lambert
8. S Grigg
9. B Houli
10. J Caddy
11. D Grimes
12. D Astbury
13. N Vlaustin
14. T Nankervis
15. D Rioli
16. D Butler
17. J Graham
18. B Ellis
19. K McIntosh
20. J Townsend
21. J Castagna
22. N Broad
23. P Dangerfield
24. L Franklin
25. N Fyfe

Hampson, C Ellis, & Short criminally underrated here.

Nobody ever respects the emergencies.

Riewoldt is easily top 50.
Dylan Grimes is there as well. Does he ever lose a contest. Does he ever make a mistake. Does anyone ever score a goal on him. When he leaves his man to cover others it always comes off. Not fashionable to watch, but of the most effective backman in the league, a bit like Doggies Boyd and Morris used to be.

My original reply to this post was removed by a mod because it was deemed too condescending and aggressive... Just trying to have a lil fun and dish a bit of medicine back...

Anywho - seems like I’m not the only one to rates Titch as a top 50.

I can more than easily respect that you don’t rate him as a top 50 player, though I disagree.

Regarding the players top 50, glad Cotch was able to make it, still think he should’ve broken the top 20. Can’t see Jack being too 20 though. Reckon Dusty and Rance will be the only others for us.

Where was Cotch???? below 20 I'd hope.
Wouldn't rate Titch in the top 100, let alone 50 or 20.
Fabulous finals series ... maybe even his best three games in yellow and black, but average at best throughout his entire career.
It's a sore point for many, but should have been dropped multiple times across his career, but was given the Vickery treatment for a long while where performances didn't count.
To clarify, best and fairests are not the be all and end all, but are a decent guide to where you sit at your club. Titch has been top six once in his career ... that's not top 50 or 20 worthy.
For the record, these are the guys I rate ahead of Titch at our club alone, let alone factoring in 17 others.
Martin, Rance, Riewoldt, Cotchin, Lambert, Grimes, Houli, Vlastuin, Grigg, Prestia, Rioli (even after three seasons), Nankervis, Caddy (who I don't rate as highly as others), BEllis, McIntosh and BEllis. Equal 13th in th ebest and fairets is about where he sits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction How Many in the TOP 50?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back