How many minutes of good footy do geelong have to play to beat hawthorn ?

Remove this Banner Ad

You do make me laugh at times.

I think we might have to have a wank-off to see who is the biggest arseclown now that we have GC_26, ForrrestGump, BigBadPam & Poidacat all back in the same hen house. Perhaps we could invite WAG as well.

Can I nominate a few of your fellow supporters? They would have an unfair advantage though...

Ottens only plays a good game every six years.

2001, 2007, if he's still playing in 2013 watch out, he'll be back with a vengence.

I hope he plays in round 17, he'll be dropping marks and falling over like he's done for most of his career. It'll be a joy to watch.

Strange thread for this? I think it belongs in another.

My team doesn't have to win a premiership for me to come to the conclusion that you are sub par sunshine.

Do you think that by you supporting Geelong gives you more credibilty and knowledge when you now talk football?

Why, thankyou for complimenting me on my golfing prowess. I always score below par. How did you know? On your other point, I don't think that me supporting Geelong adds anything to my knowledge of the game, but when it comes to credibility, you need to understand that in life, if all your huff and puff has no substance, then nobody will pay any attention to what you have to say. In my case, my team won last year's premiership. In your case, you have nothing.

Since the start of the season we have watched geelong tease the opposition by letting them get a head start and thinking they are chance of winning then and than crushing their hopes by deciding to play a few good minutes of footy

The question is how many minutes of good footy do geelong have to play to beat hawthorn ? I would say 20 mins of good footy would do it and than we can all sit back and watch the hawthorn supporters have their big cry.

geelong are 100 points better than them, just look at how good geelong are when they actually try its like they are a level above AFL standard.Just imagine what will happen when they play like that for 4 quarters

Comrades.

The other day, I was watching Apocalypse Now and involuntarily, Geelong Crazy 26 came to mind.

Now, in a metaphorical sense I have never been able to lure this Klutz into gun-range and then apply Rule 303. He is gun-shy in the extreme and will not be brought to battle readily.

Even if you look at a Tier 1 poster with a legion of metaphorical "kills" to his name, say, Hodge2Franklin (now with an avatar to match), there have been skirmishes, yes, but insufficient exposure for H2F to nail GC26 as he should with his array of weaponry. It's all been a hit and run dynamic on GC26's part - start an innane thread and thence dart into the jungle.

So what is the connection of GC26 to Apocalypse Now?

I very much suspect - in a down-market, pass-the-UDL, bowdlerised fashion - that Geelong Crazy 26 is the Colonel Kurtz of Bay 13.

Every so often we get these pseudo-psychedelic streams-of-consciousness postings from GC 26 (which in essence are little better than meandering slop), but the source of the transmission is too far upstream to nail him with anything other than a B-52 strike.

To pinpoint his precise location, therefore, someone has to travel up (the Barwon) river to locate this poor devil who has clearly gone native in both his thought-patterns and personal hygiene. At that point, in a metaphorical sense, the 'extreme prejudice' needs to be applied.

Am I wrong to think this?

Who is prepared to take on this mission?

Do we need to resurrect Jim Morrison from his grave to sing The End if no hero is forthcoming, and courage is in short supply?

The Horror, the Horror.

Biffinator.

You do make me laugh at times.

I think we might have to have a wank-off to see who is the biggest arseclown now that we have GC_26, ForrrestGump, BigBadPam & Poidacat all back in the same hen house. Perhaps we could invite WAG as well.

I feel honoured to have been named amongst some of the best Posters ever to grace this Forum.

Comrades.

The other day, I was watching Apocalypse Now and involuntarily, Geelong Crazy 26 came to mind.

Now, in a metaphorical sense I have never been able to lure this Klutz into gun-range and then apply Rule 303. He is gun-shy in the extreme and will not be brought to battle readily.

Even if you look at a Tier 1 poster with a legion of metaphorical "kills" to his name, say, Hodge2Franklin (now with an avatar to match), there have been skirmishes, yes, but insufficient exposure for H2F to nail GC26 as he should with his array of weaponry. It's all been a hit and run dynamic on GC26's part - start an innane thread and thence dart into the jungle.

I very much suspect - in a down-market, pass-the-UDL, bowdlerised fashion - that Geelong Crazy 26 is the Colonel Kurtz of Bay 13.

Every so often we get these pseudo-psychedelic streams-of-consciousness postings from GC 26 (which in essence are little better than meandering slop), but the source of the transmission is too far upstream to nail him with anything other than a B-52 strike.

To pinpoint his precise location, therefore, someone has to travel up (the Barwon) river to locate this poor devil who has clearly gone native in both his thought-patterns and personal hygiene. At that point, in a metaphorical sense, the 'extreme prejudice' needs to be applied.

Do we need to resurrect Jim Morrison from his grave to sing The End if no hero is forthcoming, and courage is in short supply?

The Horror, the Horror.

Biffinator.
you need to go and get a woman and a life you loser

you need to go and get a woman and a life you loser

Forrrest Gump, I am not going to bother about you because in the scheme of things, Bay 13 wise, you are carrion for the bottom feeders.

Now GC 26, it is good that you have been lured out into the open.

Normally you stick to the first page of a thread, and then dust off to your lair.

Now that I have your attention, I just want to tell you what an underpowered little twerp you really are.

And trust me - don't look southwards !!! It could be a demoralising experience !!!

There's more to come in this thread, as I have other things to do right at the moment.

Stay tuned.

Biffinator.

Forrrest Gump, I am not going to bother about you because in the scheme of things, Bay 13 wise, you are carrion for the bottom feeders.

Now GC 26, it is good that you have been lured out into the open.

Normally you stick to the first page of a thread, and then dust off to your lair.

Now that I have your attention, I just want to tell you what an underpowered little twerp you really are.

And trust me - don't look southwards !!! It could be a demoralising experience !!!

There's more to come in this thread, as I have other things to do right at the moment.

Stay tuned.

Biffinator.

Dear Sir

I appreciate the sentiments in your thoughts, but believe you have bigger issues to worry yourself with. You support a club that was rejected by the hawks at the alter, you play football as if you were playing touch tiggy

my oh, my, you are a trollop

oh, well off to ski season'

or a game of tennis at wimbledon,

all good, we will honour the flag somewhere

Comrades.

The Horror, the Horror.

Biffinator.

It could be argued that Colonel Kurtz, noting a deeper spiritual malaise, chose to opt out of the American war machine and that Captain Willard represents the morally bankrupt, and some would say evil, 'sword of justice'. Notice what Lieutenant Kilgore does, just so he can have a surf.

To note this of G_C26 you are noting him as a person who sees things deeper than they really are, and who has distanced himself deliberately from those willfuly blind to the horror... the horror.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Sir

I appreciate the sentiments in your thoughts, but believe you have bigger issues to worry yourself with. You support a club that was rejected by the hawks at the alter, you play football as if you were playing touch tiggy

my oh, my, you are a trollop

oh, well off to ski season'

or a game of tennis at wimbledon,

all good, we will honour the flag somewhere

ski_p_alpine_ht.jpg

It could be argued that Colonel Kurtz, noting a deeper spiritual malaise, chose to opt out of the American war machine and that Captain Willard represents the morally bankrupt, and some would say evil, 'sword of justice'. Notice what Lieutenant Kilgore does, just so he can have a surf.

To note this of G_C26 you are noting him as a person who sees things deeper than they really are, and who has distanced himself deliberately from those willfuly blind to the horror... the horror.

GS - as you know, there are any number of great lines from Apocalypse Now. What about: "Surf or fight !"

Thanks for the intelligent reply. I would hate to think that you are playing the role of Colby to GC26's Colonel Kurtz, as you clearly deserve better.

Now, Poidacat. You are the Wildebeest of Bay 13.

As you know, we have a formal agreement in place. Everytime you post a ski-photograph, I deduct one IQ point from what was a very low base to begin with.

What with your latest, bovine post, your Official IQ now stands at 35 (yes, I have been keeping an eye on you).

At the rate you are going, you would be lucky to cut the mustard as a Delta in Brave New World.

Perhaps I am being idealistic at this point, but surely you can do better?

Be not afraid of words, sentences and logic itself.

Despairingly, Biffinator.

GS - as you know, there are any number of great lines from Apocalypse Now. What about: "Surf or fight !"

Thanks for the intelligent reply. I would hate to think that you are playing the role of Colby to GC26's Colonel Kurtz, as you clearly deserve better.

Now, Poidacat. You are the Wildebeest of Bay 13.

As you know, we have a formal agreement in place. Everytime you post a ski-photograph, I deduct one IQ point from what was a very low base to begin with.

What with your latest, bovine post, your Official IQ now stands at 35 (yes, I have been keeping an eye on you).

At the rate you are going, you would be lucky to cut the mustard as a Delta in Brave New World.

Perhaps I am being idealistic at this point, but surely you can do better?

Be not afraid of words, sentences and logic itself.

Despairingly, Biffinator.

lol-cats-2-final.jpg

I can see no method at all, Biffinator.

Very apt, Mr Lizard. In fact, you are the sort of guy who could undertake this mission: to journey upstream to the Inner Station to locate GC26 - Poidacat would be the photojournalist, there to greet you when you get off the gunboat.

How about this:

"GC26's out there operating without any decent restraint. Totally beyond the pale of any acceptable human conduct. And he is still in the field commanding his troops (in other words, his fellow Geelong zombies)."

Or this transmission, received by Bay 13 Military Intelligence from GC26, with Poidacat making moose noises in the background:

"I watched David Mensch crawl along the edge of the interchange bench. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight interchange bench, and surviving. "

And one more for the road

""Well, you see Mr Lizard... In this war, things get confused out there, power, ideals, the old morality, and practical military necessity. Out there with these Geelong zombies it must be a temptation to be god. Because there's a conflict in every human heart between the rational and the irrational, between good and evil. The good does not always triumph. Sometimes the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature. Every man has got a breaking point."

Biffinator

Surely this is far too high a compliment Biff? Kurtz!

Are you styling yourself for the Martin Sheen role? Are you the lurking assassin? Film history dictates of course that despite 'succeeding' and recognising his madness, part of you will also fall under his spell. Or at the very least lead you to enter your own period of significant despair with all around you. Have you steeled yourself for this?

Better to play Lance and kick back on the acid as the boat drifts down the Mekong.

(The book of course is a murkier and more interesting affair (and l love love the film). And a more appropriate role for you to play as distinct from Marty Sheen (and don't respond by calling me Lord Jim ;)).

Comrades.

The Horror, the Horror.

Biffinator.

Biff, this is great stuff. The imagery is scary. But I think you dishonour Col Kurtz and elevate GC26 unmeritoriously by the comparison. GC26 is more your Chef character. He's wound too tight for Vietnam. Come to think of it, he's wound too tight for Geelong.

Very apt, Mr Lizard. In fact, you are the sort of guy who could undertake this mission: to journey upstream to the Inner Station to locate GC26 - Poidacat would be the photojournalist, there to greet you when you get off the gunboat.

Biffinator

Dennis Hopper's drug addled character is a superb metaphor for Poidacat. Is he a wise man? Is he a kind man?

As a someone who has actually been to Vietnam and Cambodia, I have to say that the people there are of a much higher calibre than people in, say, Corio or Norlane or any of those far flung bogan outposts at the upper reaches of the Barwon. If there really is a Kurtz in their midst, then he is a moral and intellectual giant in that community.

Can I suggest, Biff, that in response to GC26's exhortation to find a woman, you take time out from your journey up the Barwon River to spend time with the Playboy bunnies at Barwon Heads.

"...I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man.
I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas... "

photoyz8.jpg

"What are they gonna say about him? What are they gonna say? That he was a kind man?
That he was a wise man? That he had plans? That he had wisdom? Bullshit man!"

Biff, this is great stuff. The imagery is scary. But I think you dishonour Col Kurtz and elevate GC26 unmeritoriously by the comparison. GC26 is more your Chef character. He's wound too tight for Vietnam. Come to think of it, he's wound too tight for Geelong.

HJ, West Horshamite though you be, I am not going to let you trump me as this thread mutates into a monster.

GENERAL LUCAS
"Your mission is to proceed up the Barwon river on a boogey board. Pick up Geelong Crazy 26's path at Lara, follow it, learn what you can along the way. When you find GC 26 infiltrate his caravan by whatever means available and terminate GC 26's broadband service."

CAPTAIN WILLARD
"Terminate his ADSL service ? GC 26 ?"

GENERAL CORMAN
"He's out there operating without any decent restraint. Totally beyond the pale of any acceptable human conduct. And he is still on Bay 13 commanding the allegiance of his fellow Geelong Zombies."

Biffinator

Remove this Banner Ad

How many minutes of good footy do geelong have to play to beat hawthorn ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back