How many real clubs are left in the finals race?

Remove this Banner Ad

relapse said:
First thing, Adelaide is not a state side !!!!

Secondly, your argument is wrong, flawed and horribly thought out. Over half of that premiership side from 97,98 was not there in the early years. Matthew Robran, Darren Jarman, Peter Cavan, Kane Johnson, Troy Bond, Shane Ellen, Mark Stevens, Clay Sampson, Andrew McLeod, Matt Connell, James Thiessen, Koster, Eccles. I could go on. THEY WERENT THERE IN THE EARLY YEARS !!!!!!!! Now I know to all you Port supporters the AFL only existed from 1997, but dont try and make dumb statements if you have no idea what the hell you are even going on about. We also were not able to complete in the national draft which meant that we had no access to draft the best young talent from around Australia, we had to solely rely on SA talent initially so it wasnt a huge advantage, but because you have no idea what you are talking about you most probably dont realise that.

I love how Port supporters always have an excuse. Thats always the Port Adelaide mentality, if you dont win then you whinge or make excuses, I laugh at how you try and dismiss anything that Adelaide has accomplished. It is pure petty jealousy that you cant acknowledge it or pretend it didnt happen :D, it is just some pathetic excuse to hide the fact that we have won more flags. Since being in the AFL the true nature of Port supporters has been exposed, big mouth jealous sooks who cant handle life in the big league and cant handle their own medicine. How is the sack choko campaign going ??? still cheering because primus did his knee ??? still trying to shove the blame onto McGuiness and Mickan instead of the inflated egos of your players??? Is the AFL still against Port Adelaide because they are scared ??? I am sure you are all out thinking of some new and wonderful excuses to use.

BTW if Fremantle had the team that you have been fielding for the past four years I am sure that they would have won more than one flag :D

PS nice nick, pity it doesnt make any sense.

State side.

AlwaysCrows said:
still bitter port lost to the crows? poor man! Must be eating inside of you! not once, twice BUT THREE TIMES! ouch!

I know i'm not bitter. No shame in being 8th and losing to 1st. 3 times.... oh well the record still stands 11-8 ;)

relapse said:
Port Power aka the Port Power Football Club :D

Adelaide 'Camry Crows' est 1991 as a composite state league franchise
consisting of the Woodville Warriors, South Adelaide Panthers, Norwood Redlegs, North Adelaide Roosters, Sturt Blues, Central District Bulldogs, West Torrens Eagles, Glenelg Tigers and the West Adelaide Bloods.
About 60 odd SANFL Flags there mate. Nearly twice as many as we won before we moved on to the big league in 97. Call us what you want - magentas, Power, Magpies, c'o'ckledivers etc we are still the Port Adelaide that you hate and will always hate for the rest of your life.
The SANFL was killed once the Crows were formed, Port Adelaide are the culprits for this due to their bid back in the late 80's but all Port wanted was some real competition and winning a flag every three years isn't what you call competition.
As much as I miss the spankings we used to give to the Sturt's, Norwood's, Glenelg's and Centrals etc each week I am so glad we now have some competition an the opportunity to play against the great VFL sides of the past like Collingwood, Essendon and Hawthorn etc.
Occassionally I get out to see the new Magpies franchise play but it is really hard to follow when you haven't got a side in that league anymore. :(

Crow-mosone said:
the fact that we have THE highest finals winning % of any active club in the league, tells us all we need to know about this chap.

2005 Qualifying Final. Adelaide def by St Kilda @ AAMI. Might have a little to do with it....??

Camry_Chokers said:
You and your f'cking state side.
Port earnt their flag, the Crows were given theirs. How can you compare a side that had to pick 38 players out of a washed-up state league over a one year period back in 1996 against a side that could pick 50 players out of a state league in it's prime back in 1990 and have a three year moratorium over the league to have who you wanted.

what a pathetic little rant from a pathetic little man. :thumbsu:

funny, I seem to recall many people commenting that we were given the worst concessions of any club entering. But then I guess you're just bitter because your attempts to stash away Paul evans and Tom Carr were such a success.

Tredders66 said:
I know i'm not bitter. No shame in being 8th and losing to 1st. 3 times.... oh well the record still stands 11-8 ;)

good to see you no longer exist to win premierships.

Sorry, your football team no longer exists to win premierships, you stil exist to wet your pants. didn't want to invalidate your crowning achievement in life.

Crow-mosone said:
good to see you no longer exist to win premierships.

Sorry, your football team no longer exists to win premierships, you stil exist to wet your pants. didn't want to invalidate your crowning achievement in life.

Of course we exist to win Premierships, like every side i guess, can't happen every year though and yes ill probably be weting my pants in laughter when you finish your season tommorow in a similar way we did in 02,03. Isn't karmer great! :D

feenix67 said:
All that proves is that little Bucky couldn't cut a good enough deal. But we all know that little Bucky was a very smart boy and went the back door by getting lots of up and coming footballers or state league stars to amazingly not nominate for the draft the year before POWER (as opposed to Magpies) came in. And by the way, if you're precious history means so much to you, why did your club bend over and cop it up the vegemite track from Collingwood and the AFL by not only changing your name but also your colours???

Enjoy the hard times buddy coz they are upon you.

We have changed our guernsey/colours etc a few times over the last century, big deal.
The hard times? Well if it does get tough I know where to get advice.

Tredders66 said:
2005 Qualifying Final. Adelaide def by St Kilda @ AAMI. Might have a little to do with it....??

The difference between us and them though is that when we finished top and lost our first final we never went onto win the Preliminary final whereas the Crows will win their Preliminary Final.

Crow-mosone said:
what a pathetic little rant from a pathetic little man. :thumbsu:

funny, I seem to recall many people commenting that we were given the worst concessions of any club entering. But then I guess you're just bitter because your attempts to stash away Paul evans and Tom Carr were such a success.

So you have to resort to insults? Thanks Blighty.
The worst, you've got to be joking!
Yes, very bitter about also stashing away Burgoyne, Tredrea, Wilson etc etc
It was our only option as the SANFL had nothing and we had to take every single avenue to have a competitive squad.
The players weren't really stashed away, they just wanted to sacrifice a year of elite football to have the honour of playing for one of Australia's most successful clubs of the last century. No harm in that.
I remember about 6 months ago going through some old boxes and I found one of those footy review things from the start of 1997.
A 100% of journalists predicted Port to finish bottom, most saying we might have a win against Footscray but that was about it. I had a little laugh when I seen Port had just missed the finals on % and Footscray went on to finish 3rd when in actual fact they deserved to be in the GF. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Camry_Chokers said:
Adelaide 'Camry Crows' est 1991 as a composite state league franchise
consisting of the Woodville Warriors, South Adelaide Panthers, Norwood Redlegs, North Adelaide Roosters, Sturt Blues, Central District Bulldogs, West Torrens Eagles, Glenelg Tigers and the West Adelaide Bloods.
About 60 odd SANFL Flags there mate. Nearly twice as many as we won before we moved on to the big league in 97. Call us what you want - magentas, Power, Magpies, c'o'ckledivers etc we are still the Port Adelaide that you hate and will always hate for the rest of your life.
The SANFL was killed once the Crows were formed, Port Adelaide are the culprits for this due to their bid back in the late 80's but all Port wanted was some real competition and winning a flag every three years isn't what you call competition.
As much as I miss the spankings we used to give to the Sturt's, Norwood's, Glenelg's and Centrals etc each week I am so glad we now have some competition an the opportunity to play against the great VFL sides of the past like Collingwood, Essendon and Hawthorn etc.
Occassionally I get out to see the new Magpies franchise play but it is really hard to follow when you haven't got a side in that league anymore. :(

and Port Adelaide.

Tredders66 said:
Of course we exist to win Premierships, like every side i guess, can't happen every year though and yes ill probably be weting my pants in laughter when you finish your season tommorow in a similar way we did in 02,03. Isn't karmer great! :D

i don't know what is karmer?

PowerKop said:
With four sides left, how many are real footy clubs. Just the 1, and 1 and a half if you count Sydney. Unfortunately the Crows v Eagles game will just be entertainment for the bandwagoners of the AFL's 2 biggest franchises. It's a bit sad to see, but hopefully the St Kilda footy club can win a deserved flag for the real supporters left in this years finals race.

You claim your history when it suits you and then claim being only a young club when it suits you also. Still support the Port magpies? They are who I feel sorry for. All these power cretins have jumped off them and onto a club that has none of the old magpies traits and guts.

Remove this Banner Ad

How many real clubs are left in the finals race?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back