How many weeks for Embley's high shot on Rhys

Remove this Banner Ad

besides the cheap shot at rhys he's been reported for rough conduct on balla.

Hope he goes all up for at least 6 weeks!! No different from when johnno got hit with 4 weeks a few yrs ago!!

Just wonder if he will get some questions re his actions in derby on his radio show on sportfm on monday nites

Very different incident. Embleys was deliberate running through a bloke with his head over the ball. Johnno was virtually standing still and the guy ran into him with his head down.

Saw it live but haven't seen the replay. Either you're all a bunch of hysterical girls or it looks dreadful on camera.

If the MRP want to punish WC they;ll let him off, so not sure whether to cross fingers for the former or latter.

I think the bunch of hysterical girls could well discribe the team you barrack for

Saw it live but haven't seen the replay. Either you're all a bunch of hysterical girls or it looks dreadful on camera.

If the MRP want to punish WC they;ll let him off, so not sure whether to cross fingers for the former or latter.

I must be a hysterical girl because it's the biggest hit since Solomon on Ling IMO.

Could you imagine if someone lined up Judd/Ablett and they went off bleeding and with concussion and neck soreness? They'd be facing 8 weeks and it would be the biggest story all week.

Looks like you are blind and cant keep up with live play. Your gutless bastard had no intent in going for the ball and every intent of going for the head of Palmer.

Might pay in future for you to actually know what you are talking about before you comment. Needless to say the Weagles attempt to rough up Freo in a desperate attempt to win the game because they do not have the talent, Failed Again!!!

129160184691251814.jpg

I must be a hysterical girl because it's the biggest hit since Solomon on Ling IMO.

Could you imagine if someone lined up Judd/Ablett and they went off bleeding and with concussion and neck soreness? They'd be facing 8 weeks and it would be the biggest story all week.

If one of our players had done it to an Eagle, there would have been pie throws galore.

I suppose technically it makes no difference but the fact he did it to a players coming off a knee reco and 12 monthis out of the game, that had his head over the ball for his first possie makes it a real low act for mine. I was watching the game with my mate who's a weags fan and he was disgusted also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a lot worse than Kosi's hit. Palmer had his head over the ball and Embley went the man. Could have done a lot more damage.

Wouldn't surprise me if he went for 4 or 5.

This is exactly the reason the rule was brought in - what Embley did had the real possibility of major neck damage. (as it was, i think he hurt his neck anyway)

Although Palmer turned slightly into it - Embley was never coming from side-on.

I was ropable about Hurn's suspension - he was going for the ball and braced at the last instant.

However Embley ran head long into a bloke with his head down - if he gets a month I wouldn't have an issue.

I suppose technically it makes no difference but the fact he did it to a players coming off a knee reco and 12 monthis out of the game, that had his head over the ball for his first possie makes it a real low act for mine. I was watching the game with my mate who's a weags fan and he was disgusted also.

Makes no difference whatsoever - not a technicality.

It was poor judgment regardless of the player - trying to make it worse because it was Palmer is a massive stretch. You could argue that you want would want your blokes putting pressure on rookies and those coming back into the game. Certainly Giansiricusa got his ribs tested first bounce on Friday night

We weren't the ones throwing hissy fits leaving the stadium early days of the fourth...

This is exactly the reason the rule was brought in - what Embley did had the real possibility of major neck damage. (as it was, i think he hurt his neck anyway)

Although Palmer turned slightly into it - Embley was never coming from side-on.

I was ropable about Hurn's suspension - he was going for the ball and braced at the last instant.

However Embley ran head long into a bloke with his head down - if he gets a month I wouldn't have an issue.

Fair assessment Strike. I believe he'll receive 4 with 3 on early plea... believe his record is fair enough.

There is also mention he will be under scrutiny for dishing a punch to the head on Crowley. (I think the tag finally got to him)

You're alright, gravy. I can call you gravy, can't I? :)

Hits at the game are over in a split second and with 30 guys around the ball half the time all you see is one player down and another being wrestled by 3 opponents.

At least we have one less under-performing senior player to drop.

Ballantyne got 4 weeks ( I think ) for a hit high on the shoulder so Embley must get that & a bit more.
Absolutely did not look at the ball & could have easily changed his positioning if he wanted to.

Remove this Banner Ad

How many weeks for Embley's high shot on Rhys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back