How Sweet it is!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Its cute too see that Carltank think the are good after spending the last 4-5 years on the bottom of the ladder.

carltonhistory.jpg
arnt we due to have a bit of success?

What does that have to do with this thread?

Why are all the Carlton mods so bloody defensive?

Well, you see, last year's 15th & 16th placed teams aren't, & won't be this year's 15th & 16th placed teams, just as last year's 5th placed team won't even be close to being this year's 5th placed team. Therefore today's game was between 2 teams who were still within reach of the 8 (it would appear only one of them is a chance of making the 8 now) ie 10th v 11th. If we were to rely on your theory, a win over last year's 13th placed team would mean very little, yet last year's 13th placed team is this year's 2nd placed team & a win over them would be a good effort.

I feel a gathering storm... if u listen and don't speak you can hear something in the distance

The army is indeed stirring my friend - bring on 2009 and beyond! ;):thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i know its been a long time between drinks, but the celebrations are getting out of hand

everytime you guys win, its as if you have won the premiership or cured cancer at the very least

Enjoying a win in the Carlton Board, and gloating over beating a run of the mill side on the main forum... very different

You beat Richmond, seriously... Richmond

lol give me a break

Better forward line, better back line, more hard hard nuts in the middle

the fact that we always beat u and that we have a better team

based on the fact that we have a more versatile forward line and our midfield and backline are underated... carlton have thier stars that carry the team... without fev u would be nothing

all comments posted on the main board last week

plus some other clowns whose posts I didn't happen to bookmark for just such an occasion, raving on about richmond being certainties for the final 8.. and you're suprised about a thread like this.. :confused: think its you who should grow up buddy :thumbsu:

It was a good win when we had several players out, but we only beat Richmond and haven't beaten a good side this year (no offence Tigers).

Collingwood and Port don't count.

The OP has sucked everyone in with his troll.

IIRC, he has bagged Gibbs in the past with a thread.
Agreed. Long way to go yet. Next year I could see West Coast and Fremantle coming up to our level and possibly go past us given their personal and the development which will take place.

Well, you see, last year's 15th & 16th placed teams aren't, & won't be this year's 15th & 16th placed teams, just as last year's 5th placed team won't even be close to being this year's 5th placed team. Therefore today's game was between 2 teams who were still within reach of the 8 (it would appear only one of them is a chance of making the 8 now) ie 10th v 11th. If we were to rely on your theory, a win over last year's 13th placed team would mean very little, yet last year's 13th placed team is this year's 2nd placed team & a win over them would be a good effort.
Haha, you have missed the whole point. You have then gone on to try and extend it into some kind of strawman argument that I never made.

You beat the team that finished 16 last year. Yay. That is something to get real excited about. That is a fantastic sign about the improvement in the team. :rolleyes:

No it is not, regardless of how both of you are going this year, it is not a win to get excited about. This is far from your best win of the season. I fail to see why it requires a thread gloating about "how sweet it is". It is Richmond, the team we all spent most of last year laughing about and the team many Carlton supporters on here spent most of the off-season bagging for being so useless without coming away with pick 1. A win over them is not a particularly good effort. They are the reigning wooden spooners ffs!! Have they changed THAT much in a year??

Haha, you have missed the whole point. You have then gone on to try and extend it into some kind of strawman argument that I never made.

You beat the team that finished 16 last year. Yay. That is something to get real excited about. That is a fantastic sign about the improvement in the team. :rolleyes:

No it is not, regardless of how both of you are going this year, it is not a win to get excited about. This is far from your best win of the season. I fail to see why it requires a thread gloating about "how sweet it is". It is Richmond, the team we all spent most of last year laughing about and the team many Carlton supporters on here spent most of the off-season bagging for being so useless without coming away with pick 1. A win over them is not a particularly good effort. They are the reigning wooden spooners ffs!! Have they changed THAT much in a year??

Going by that logic we should have celebrated long and hard after beating your lot this year yet last week you lost by over 130 points. Richmond aren't the worst team anymore, they are on the up and were coming off two wins in a row and playing in a game of huge significance for them, so who gives a toss about last year?

What mediumsizered wrote makes perfect sense.

You're just trying to be a douchebag and for whatever reason are a very bitter person.

I got down there today to the G and thought the atmosphere was great. The game however left much to be desired for the most part.

On a side note, the Yellow and Black army can get out there in force at times. Was a big showing for them today and made it clear to me after this week and last week that Carlton have lost a lot of support over the last 5 years.

73k today and 59k last week with a massive amount today of Richmond does not bode as well for Carlton off-field as their current on-field results indicate.

Remove this Banner Ad

How Sweet it is!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back