Toast How can this Hawthorn side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn have certainly shown improvement from the start of the season but we arenā€™t getting carried away. One week at a time.

Cannot.

a5073952-8940-4d29-ac90-b2312f7c336f_text.gif

Its the 2008 GF that gives rise to this debate.
Fair enough we threw it away but the record is hardly a one sided one
We threw it away with shit goal kicking yes, but they also exploited the rules to the point where the league had to step in and change the rule the following year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong hasnā€™t ever won in an elimination style final, EF, SF, PF or GF. Aka when it matters, 2011 and 2016 Hawthorn played on after losing. 2011 they even made a PF.
I believe these are the games that matter;

Yeh there were some other games - they didn't really matter though :p

Sorry if this has been stated previously but I was surprised when I looked through the hawks year that they haven't actually beaten a top 8 side away this year.Round 8 against Bulldogs except they weren't in 8 at the time and weren't playing that well at that time.Last week against a banged up Carlton team without a bench is it..Not the hawks fault that there draw hasn't been the hardest and not to say they can't go deep into September but it's still relevant

Sorry if this has been stated previously but I was surprised when I looked through the hawks year that they haven't actually beaten a top 8 side away this year.Round 8 against Bulldogs except they weren't in 8 at the time and weren't playing that well at that time.Last week against a banged up Carlton team without a bench is it..Not the hawks fault that there draw hasn't been the hardest and not to say they can't go deep into September but it's still relevant
Itā€™s irrelevant, beaten every top 8 side currently beside Port, Sydney and Geelong.

+ Carlton and Collingwood who are the other closer sides to the 8.

You didn't throw it away, you were outplayed.

This. Hate seeing our fans not acknowledge it.
I think itā€™s fair to say we didnā€™t play our best, but equally I think itā€™s also fair to say Hawthorn turned up and didnā€™t allow us to, either, and had a fairly significant say in that.

I think itā€™s fair to say we didnā€™t play our best, but equally I think itā€™s also fair to say Hawthorn turned up and didnā€™t allow us to, either, and had a fairly significant say in that.
Respect :thumbsu:

Geelong have bullied Hawthorn the last few years and both times this year. It is up to Hawthorn to rectify that.

Yep, there was a deliberate strategy to starve the Cats of the ball or "kill the shark" and force them wide inside 50. No doubt cats were the best team that year, Hawks just stuck tight to a game plan on the day....oh and the rotund bloke moving fwd for 15 mins in the 3rd also helped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast How can this Hawthorn side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back