How We Can Hold The Club Accountable (Petition Added to OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

I never, ever thought i would say this, but Eddie has to go.

This has to be a 'shareholder revolt'. No one should renew their memberships until there is some meaningful change at the club in strategic off-field positions. Until they can prove to the supporters that there is a plan moving forward that doesn't involve the idiots that got us into this mess in the first place.

Why do I have flashbacks to the 'new magpies' circa 1985 or so?

You're in the flag window, you're doing what you need to do to allow cap space for game changers (De Goey), and given yourselves a good draft hand to address your weaknesses. Treloar is a ball butcher and was taking up too much cap. Stephenson is an odd cut but I think he's a bit of a loose cannon off field. You remind me of the 2017 Eagles team, off the back of a good EF win, good but not at the level to win a premiership. Use your draft hand to draft your needs, preferably players who can step in straight away. We used a second rounder to secure Liam Ryan, to address our lack of crumbing forwards, for example. He was in the team round 1. Trust your club, this was all done for a reason.

Even being as optimistic as you are, you still can't fathom why Stephenson is gone. 'There is no plan' is the answer, unfortunately.

Ok, so assuming we are going to be stupidly optimistic about it all, why did we have to be dicks about it towards beloved players?

Its this kind of behaviour that makes this look more like a forced hand due to salary mismanagement than a considered plan.

That and some of the ludicrously generous deals we have done this period. Hard to spin this.

Then don't buy a membership. Boycott this private school boys club Eddie and bucks have created, bucks is an absolute goose, look at this mess his created if we're lucky will bottom out worst case scenario will be sitting around mid table for the next 3 years. The only thing that'll see him gone is a huge decline in membership

Then don't buy a membership. Boycott this private school boys club Eddie and bucks have created, bucks is an absolute goose, look at this mess his created if we're lucky will bottom out worst case scenario will be sitting around mid table for the next 3 years. The only thing that'll see him gone is a huge decline in membership

Go boycott then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** UPDATE ****

Members petition launched here:

Email membership cancellation to:

membership@collingwoodfc.com.au

Email frustration to Eddie:

emcguire@mcguiremedia.com.au

In the last decade, we've put up with under the Eddie/Bucks regime:

- a poorly managed coaching transition
- a player revolt caused by the poorly managed coaching transition
- racism scandals involving Adam Goodes and Heritier Lumumba (now a court case)
- indiscretions by players, questions around club culture
- terrible recruiting decisions, culminating in an inflated player list and the shocking and clumsy forced ouster of talent
- no flag
- (blank space for every stupid thing Eddie has said or done and I've missed)

The way they've treated Treloar and Stephenson is the final straw.

Yes, Eddie built the club after the 1990s, but he's now undoing all that he built with his blind lust for power. Two decades is beyond long enough for any leader.

His time has come.

What can we do?

Maybe it's time for members to speak with their wallets. We're funding a toxic regime that runs the club like it's their private property.

Is it time for a membership boycott? A boycott of home games next year? If not, what are our options?

I'll say this, and preempt the naysayers - if we don't do anything, we'll end up like Essendon. That is exactly where we're headed if nothing changes at the top.

You might want to add to the thread title that there is a petition attached.

You can sign petitions and ring call back or post on boards but money talks.

If you really want to send a message you find an agitated Collingwood loving lawyer, get him/her to set up a trust account and get members and supporters to pay a membership equivalent into the account instead of buying a membership. If you end up with enough money you make the point loud and clear. Not only do you show the $ value of the unrest you illustrate the number of votes waiting for a challenger when membership renewals are ready to be paid for.

That way you can't be accused of sabotaging the finances of the club in a time of need because you are holding back funds pending regime change rather than walking away from the club.

Maybe that encourages someone to put a ticket together. At least they know they have backing and can stand up to the bluff that they would be damaging the club.

Last edited:
If anything, Bucks was left with the dirty job of having to tell the player. Doesn't sound like anyone in list management had the guts to speak with them.

That is Bucks job ... the players would have no contact with Ned, so getting a call from him to say they’re being traded would be kinda like getting a call from Bob in accounts to say the company can’t afford to pay you anymore.

Ned’s point person is the player managers.

**** UPDATE ****

Members petition launched here:

Email membership cancellation to:

membership@collingwoodfc.com.au

Email frustration to Eddie:

emcguire@mcguiremedia.com.au

In the last decade, we've put up with under the Eddie/Bucks regime:

- a poorly managed coaching transition
- a player revolt caused by the poorly managed coaching transition
- racism scandals involving Adam Goodes and Heritier Lumumba (now a court case)
- indiscretions by players, questions around club culture
- terrible recruiting decisions, culminating in an inflated player list and the shocking and clumsy forced ouster of talent
- no flag
- (blank space for every stupid thing Eddie has said or done and I've missed)

The way they've treated Treloar and Stephenson is the final straw.

Yes, Eddie built the club after the 1990s, but he's now undoing all that he built with his blind lust for power. Two decades is beyond long enough for any leader.

His time has come.

What can we do?

Maybe it's time for members to speak with their wallets. We're funding a toxic regime that runs the club like it's their private property.

Is it time for a membership boycott? A boycott of home games next year? If not, what are our options?

I'll say this, and preempt the naysayers - if we don't do anything, we'll end up like Essendon. That is exactly where we're headed if nothing changes at the top.

Don’t we normally have members’ Forums to cover this kinda thing? Not sure we’ve had one for a few years? And probably been a bit difficult to organise with the COVID thing.

We also have the AGM coming up in the next month or two.

Time this dictatorship is ended.
This once great club has become irrelevant.
Collingwood used to be a club hated by all others and loved by their own.

Now the club is becoming a rabble, mercenary players holding the club to ransom and squeezing out their team mate in conjunction with poorly run books and the club has overly inflated opinion of itself.

We can see something had to give so let that be your legacy and hand over a clean slate to the new custodians.

Let’s make Collingwood great again, that starts with Ed cleaning out his desk and a AGM to get the rest of this shit show back on track.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's the first time I've been really disappointed in the club in my 40 odd year of a fan and member.

Really?

There have been plenty of things to get really disappointed about over the last 40 years ...

... 1981, the sacking of Hafey, the failure of Magpieland, Macalister’s racist comments, 1999, the Tony Shaw years, 2002, the pubs fiasco that almost sent the club broke, 2011 ...

... and that’s not even including the contentious ones (the move from Vic Park, the succession plan ...)

Remove this Banner Ad

How We Can Hold The Club Accountable (Petition Added to OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back