How We Can Hold The Club Accountable (Petition Added to OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

When members have lost hope, that's when you know the club has failed.

I think the only way most members will renew is if they see incompetent people at the board and football department level are held to account for this mess.

There's never been a better time for a fresh start. Change of President and Coach needs to be demanded by the supporter base.

What do supporters have to look forward to next year if nothing changes. We need hope.

If you want to judge Buckley on his coaching then that's fine. But it's hard to point a gun at Bucks for the salary cap issues. That's a list management issue.

If anything, Bucks was left with the dirty job of having to tell the player. Doesn't sound like anyone in list management had the guts to speak with them.
But he didn't even do that! Unless Stephenson is lying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't need to go through it all to make an argument. We just traded our most promising youngster, Stephenson, for a 2nd rounder. The competitions best accumulator, Treloar, for the equivalent of a 2nd rounder, and Tom Phillips for a 4th rounder....

It was list management, so incompetent that its never been seen before, that lead us to this point...

This is an absolute catastrophic failure at many levels of management at the Pies. Why did an untried list manager get given the keys to the Pies? Who hired him? Why do we find ourselves in this unprecedented position at flogging off some of our best players for nothing because we've incompetently managed the salary cap?

In my humble opinion, Ned Guy getting the sack isn't sufficient, those involved in hiring him and overseeing the show that has lead to this point are equally culpable, I'm looking at you Eddie, but that's just a personal opinion...

I have no doubt that all this will be swept under the rug, and spun to the degree that nothing much changes and we as supporters, members and owners of the club are left unable to impart any sort of influence or oversight to the shitshow that we are all watching and cringing at.

So, put plainly, how can we as a group of owners of the club, exert our ownership? How do we show our dissatisfaction? How do we make things better?

We cannot stand for this abject incompetence, and in my view nothing but a clean out, starting at the top, will assuage the anger I'm currently feeling towards Collingwood.

When members have lost hope, that's when you know the club has failed.
I think the only way most members will renew is if they see incompetent people at the board and football department level are held to account for this mess.
There's never been a better time for a fresh start. Change of President and Coach needs to be demanded by the supporter base.
What do supporters have to look forward to next year if nothing changes. We need hope.
Reasonable evidence the Club is poorly managed on several fronts. The Board is accountable - they should get monthly reports. If they cannot determine that the managers they have appointed are not up to the job, then clearly the Board is not up to their job.

Clean the lot out.

Watching Ned Guy on Trading Day on FoxFooty now, very unimpressive, emotionless and unconvincing. He has to go, Eddie needs to go, Harvey needs to go, Buckley has 1 last year
I've had enough of McGuire

All the Dozy Idiots have to Go

Sorry, I now realise that my other thread did indeed get posted and I've doubled up.

I think in the server meltdown at the end of trade week delayed the posting of my original thread and I thought that it disappeared.

Mods please merge threads or delete this one.

My apologies for creating work for you all.

I don't need to go through it all to make an argument. We just traded our most promising youngster, Stephenson, for a 2nd rounder. The competitions best accumulator, Treloar, for the equivalent of a 2nd rounder, and Tom Phillips for a 4th rounder....

It was list management, so incompetent that its never been seen before, that lead us to this point...

This is an absolute catastrophic failure at many levels of management at the Pies. Why did an untried list manager get given the keys to the Pies? Who hired him? Why do we find ourselves in this unprecedented position at flogging off some of our best players for nothing because we've incompetently managed the salary cap?

In my humble opinion, Ned Guy getting the sack isn't sufficient, those involved in hiring him and overseeing the show that has lead to this point are equally culpable, I'm looking at you Eddie, but that's just a personal opinion...

I have no doubt that all this will be swept under the rug, and spun to the degree that nothing much changes and we as supporters, members and owners of the club are left unable to impart any sort of influence or oversight to the shitshow that we are all watching and cringing at.

So, put plainly, how can we as a group of owners of the club, exert our ownership? How do we show our dissatisfaction? How do we make things better?

We cannot stand for this abject incompetence, and in my view nothing but a clean out, starting at the top, will assuage the anger I'm currently feeling towards Collingwood.

It's a good question. The membership have to get someone to stand for a position on the board at the next election..... which will give a voice on how the football department is run...

however in the last 20 years, the membership has been too gutless or too wimpish to stand up to the president. So someone has to be found ...

How We Can Hold The Club Accountable (Petition Added to OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back