How We Can Hold The Club Accountable (Petition Added to OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've followed Collingwood religiously my entire life, but for me, it's the final straw.

I can handle the club bottoming out, or deciding to rebuild. But i can't justify throwing money at this club year in year out only to be left dumbfounded by their complete incompetence and lack of professionalism.

I have lost a lot of respect for the club this year.

I don't need to go in to detail, everybody knows shipping off Treloar for the equivalent of a 2nd round pick, Phillips for a 4th rounder and Stephenson, our most promising youngster, for a 2nd round pick is absolute mismanagement at best and negligence at worse.
The entire supporter base is ropable, so what can we collectively do to ensure that those who were responsible for this situation are held responsible and are let no where near our beloved club ever again?
Is it Ned Guys fault for handing out unnecessarily substantial contracts for years? Is it Eddie McGuires fault for hiring a list manager with no experience for the job? No matter whose at fault, it's sure that the club will try to sweep this incredible and unprecedented incidence of collective incompetence under the rug to save themselves, so what can we do as supporters, the people who truly own this club, to hold those at fault accountable?
cannot blame Guy alone. He should draft contracts, put different scenarios together etc etc. This should be reviewed by Head of Football, CEO etc - total salary cap signed off by Board.

Evidence of incompetence (dare I say it)............ ACROSS THE BOARD

It's a good question. The membership have to get someone to stand for a position on the board at the next election..... which will give a voice on how the football department is run...

however in the last 20 years, the membership has been too gutless or too wimpish to stand up to the president. So someone has to be found ...
I agree that this would be the most immediate way to register disaffection to the status quo, but how many average members do you know that would know who and how and when to mount a board challenge?

I don’t know many if any. So the question remains, how does an average member register their outrage at what we’ve just witnessed? Aside from cancelling memberships of course, which I’m certain we will see a lot of.

eddie and korda placed themselves back on the board at the start of this year....so they have a little more than 2 years to run

size and licuria were nominated for the board by eddie in 1998. I think their positions will come up for election next year. Members should be asking around, trying to get someone good to nominate for the board and pledging their support for them.

if people sit around and just whine about eddie.... nothing will ever get done and he will hand the club over to his sons....

alex waislitz who is our vice president and doesnt even support the club.... his position should come up in the next year...

I agree that this would be the most immediate way to register disaffection to the status quo, but how many average members do you know that would know who and how and when to mount a board challenge?

I don’t know many if any. So the question remains, how does an average member register their outrage at what we’ve just witnessed? Aside from cancelling memberships of course, which I’m certain we will see a lot of.

next time you are at a eddie-organised collingwood forum for members, ask him about when he is going to step down.... ask him when alex waislitz will be replaced by someone who is interested in the club...

What concrete steps can we take right now to direct our anger in a constructive fashion?

waiting on board elections in a years time doesn’t feel immediate enough...

oh yeh ...i forgot.... average ordinary members can whine..... they can whinge.... they can spit a dummy.... they can post messages in BF.

The only way is to cancel memberships. It’s a shame that the ‘club’ needs to suffer to send a message to a group of individuals, but it’s the only way.

We seem to have this insular, back-slapping, ‘boys club’, that is either guilty of gross mismanagement and doesn’t have the integrity to be transparent to paying members about mistakes, or they genuinely believe the garbage they spout... which is more concerning. Ned Guy just claimed he improved the list...... **** me.

oh yeh ...i forgot.... average ordinary members can whine..... they can whinge.... they can spit a dummy.... they can post messages in BF.
Well I’m looking for more constructive ways to direct the disaffection than this. Otherwise it amounts to nothing.

I know it’s often seen as laughable, like the petition to overthrow the grand final result. But could a valid mode of putting pressure on the establishment numbskulls be a petition with a hundred thousand signatures?

I don't need to go in to detail, everybody knows shipping off Treloar for the equivalent of a 2nd round pick, Phillips for a 4th rounder and Stephenson, our most promising youngster, for a 2nd round pick is absolute mismanagement at best and negligence at worse.

The entire supporter base is ropable, so what can we collectively do to ensure that those who were responsible for this situation are held responsible and are let no where near our beloved club ever again?

Is it Ned Guys fault for handing out unnecessarily substantial contracts for years? Is it Eddie McGuires fault for hiring a list manager with no experience for the job?

No matter whose at fault, it's sure that the club will try to sweep this incredible and unprecedented incidence of collective incompetence under the rug to save themselves, so what can we do as supporters, the people who truly own this club, to hold those at fault accountable?
In short, very little. There is no rival group, at least not at the moment. I'm sure people will ring / email the club, but really a waste of time. Membership will probably dip, particularly if we drop down the ladder, which seems very likely. Some day, don't know when, new people will take over and we will start to climb again. I personally don't think I will see it but at least had 1990 and 2010.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In short, very little. There is no rival group, at least not at the moment. I'm sure people will ring / email the club, but really a waste of time. Membership will probably dip, particularly if we drop down the ladder, which seems very likely. Some day, don't know when, new people will take over and we will start to climb again. I personally don't think I will see it but at least had 1990 and 2010.
That’s understandable mate but also defeatist. C’mon, summon up the pride in the jumper and leave no earth unscorched. For over a hundred years we’ve been a club of the people, it’s our turn to make sure it stays that way.

In the old days eddie thought it would be a good idea to get one of the black players to open up King Kong.....This moron is president and has to go. Too weak to front media. last time he spoke he talked up the embarrasing effort against the
They hire an activist to handle the lumumba case. those who made that decision have to go. Just stupid.
We swap 1600 points for 1100 and treloar for a future 2nd rd pick they have to go. Points we may need to get Mciness. ned Guy and walsh newed to f&*k off. A toilet needs to be names after Ned guy. maybe put one of Beams finger paintings in there with it.
the idiot buying cartier watches with public money has no judgement she has to go.
The club is the worst run club in the AFL run by morons and we wont win a flag with these piece of "****" so if they have any honour will all resign immediately.

I’ve just sent the club a short, sharp and very strongly worded email expressing my disappointment and anger. It probably won’t make one iota of difference but at least I’ve given them feedback and it made me feel a little more empowered. Hopefully the club will get inundated with emails and tweets/social media posts that the voice of the supporter base will be heard at the very least.

I’ve just sent the club a short, sharp and very strongly worded email expressing my disappointment and anger. It probably won’t make one iota of difference but at least I’ve given them feedback and it made me feel a little more empowered. Hopefully the club will get inundated with emails and tweets/social media posts that the voice of the supporter base will be heard at the very least.

Does anyone know the email address format for individuals within the club? I want to email a few of them a virus.

You're in the flag window, you're doing what you need to do to allow cap space for game changers (De Goey), and given yourselves a good draft hand to address your weaknesses. Treloar is a ball butcher and was taking up too much cap. Stephenson is an odd cut but I think he's a bit of a loose cannon off field. You remind me of the 2017 Eagles team, off the back of a good EF win, good but not at the level to win a premiership. Use your draft hand to draft your needs, preferably players who can step in straight away. We used a second rounder to secure Liam Ryan, to address our lack of crumbing forwards, for example. He was in the team round 1. Trust your club, this was all done for a reason.

In the last decade, we've put up with under the Eddie/Bucks regime:

- a poorly managed coaching transition
- a player revolt caused by the poorly managed coaching transition
- racism scandals involving Adam Goodes and Heritier Lumumba (now a court case)
- indiscretions by players, questions around club culture
- terrible recruiting decisions, culminating in an inflated player list and the shocking and clumsy forced ouster of talent
- no flag
- (blank space for every stupid thing Eddie has said or done and I've missed)

The way they've treated Treloar and Stephenson is the final straw.

Yes, Eddie built the club after the 1990s, but he's now undoing all that he built with his blind lust for power. Two decades is beyond long enough for any leader.

His time has come.

What can we do?

Maybe it's time for members to speak with their wallets. We're funding a toxic regime that runs the club like it's their private property.

Is it time for a membership boycott? A boycott of home games next year? If not, what are our options?

I'll say this, and preempt the naysayers - if we don't do anything, we'll end up like Essendon. That is exactly where we're headed if nothing changes at the top.

Well said. I agree and am open to suggestions. The hurt of today is immense but it’s also a pattern that’s unacceptable- gaslighting players and fans, poor management and unaccountability. Completely over it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You're in the flag window, you're doing what you need to do to allow cap space for game changers (De Goey), and given yourselves a good draft hand to address your weaknesses. Treloar is a ball butcher and was taking up too much cap. Stephenson is an odd cut but I think he's a bit of a loose cannon off field. You remind me of the 2017 Eagles team, off the back of a good EF win, good but not at the level to win a premiership. Use your draft hand to draft your needs, preferably players who can step in straight away. We used a second rounder to secure Liam Ryan, to address our lack of crumbing forwards, for example. He was in the team round 1. Trust your club, this was all done for a reason.

Ok, so assuming we are going to be stupidly optimistic about it all, why did we have to be dicks about it towards beloved players?

Remove this Banner Ad

How We Can Hold The Club Accountable (Petition Added to OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back