How will you react when Norf folds?

Remove this Banner Ad

A good idea would be to let the Bulldogs play in the VFL Grand Final. Maybe then there supporters can actually know what it's like to see there team in one.

Has it crossed your mind that without Carey Norf would probably not have won a flag since the 70's?
I've no doubt had he played for Footscray they would've notched up a few flags themselves.

It's also rather laughable how obvious it is now that Carey carried Pagan to the reputation he enjoyed at Norf as a "master coach". Poor Dennis didn't do so well at Carlton by a long stretch!

Not really because we had Carey and we won those flags. The Bulldogs had Grant and couldn't get to a GF let alone win one. So either that says that Carey is that far in front of Grant it's not funny or that North Melbourne were just a better team than the Dogs.

Has it crossed your mind that with a salary cap and the draft that Hawthorn would not have dominated the 80's or is that really irrelevant because you did dominate the 80's?

Hawthorn would only have 2 flags all up without being gifted the south eastern recruiting zones, so I wouldn't waffle on too much if I was you.

1 flag if you take away priority picks.

Has it crossed your mind that without Carey Norf would probably not have won a flag since the 70's?
I've no doubt had he played for Footscray they would've notched up a few flags themselves.

It's also rather laughable how obvious it is now that Carey carried Pagan to the reputation he enjoyed at Norf as a "master coach". Poor Dennis didn't do so well at Carlton by a long stretch!
Lets take away Franklin and see how well you would have done in 08. One team doesn't win you a premiership...stupid argument.

Lets take away Franklin and see how well you would have done in 08. One man doesn't win you a premiership...stupid argument.

[efa]

The problem with Bosk is that he doesn't know anything about football. He spends a great deal of time doing cheap sniping on BF, but whenever he comments on football, it's abysmally ignorant and facile.

Clearly he uses BF as an outlet for his internal torment. He's attracted to men but has obviously grown up extremely homophobic (see his extraordinary rants following Aker's gay article). No doubt his narrow-minded upbringing has contributed to his inability to understand football at anything more than the most superficial level.

He's good at avatar designs though.

It wont be long now till they fold, after the official launch of GWS yesterday it is now official Norf are the 18th most supported club in the league.:thumbsu:

There is definitly room for 11 Victorian teams.

No team should fold, and if they do it is because of their incompetance.

I would be sad to see any team fold

Hawthorn would only have 2 flags all up without being gifted the south eastern recruiting zones, so I wouldn't waffle on too much if I was you.

1 flag if you take away priority picks.

So I take it you guys would hand back your '75 flag when the 10year rule change gifted you Rantall, Wade, Davis etc?

So I take it you guys would hand back your '75 flag when the 10year rule change gifted you Rantall, Wade, Davis etc?
Wow your dumb, north were actually against the 10 year rule, once they realised they were not gonna get there way they decided to take advantage of it just like every other club could have.

tommydavidson1.bmp

10 year rule applied to everyone clown.

Dear Crusty

You are right! The ten year rule did apply to everyone and you exploited it better than most. That comes from good management from Aylett and co.

Your argument that we were "gifted the South East" implies the League at the time knew the riches we were to draw from it. Nobody new at the time Hawthorn and Carlton had the two best zones and it took the VFL until 81 for things to start to change.

I would agree in the 70's we enjoyed some fabulous footballers from the Sth East including, Matthews, Moore, Knights, and Moncrieff.

However, our 86 88 89 and 91 flags were hardly littered with footballers recruited from our zone. Heck the draft was introduced in '86 and I would argue that our good results in the 80's were more about securing great interstate players such as Buckenara, Jarman, Platten and co than pillaging the South East in the years before.

Having said that, while these players helped us attain the ultimate success it also nearly bankrupted us.

Therefore I would respectfully ask on what basis you believe we only deserve two flags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

How will you react when Norf folds?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back