HUGE season to come

Remove this Banner Ad

LuvMyHawks said:
Tell me one year that the Colliwobbles have had a BAD draw..My God they have it made...hardly ever travel, Eddie Everywhere sucks up to Demetriou like nothing on earth.. I'll bet he went home and cried when Channel 7 got the rights..it was quite obvious he wanted 9 to get them..And whilst on that subject, what right did Eddie have to tell Demetriou he hoped that the new consortium did as a good a job as them...My God am sooo glad they lost out for the next five years. I always thought that 7 did a great job when they had it..and looking forward to next year, and no more NINE, they are definitely NOT THE ONE!!!:thumbsdown:

Well, I did say a lot of teams and not all teams. The teams you mentioned are not ones immune from getting a really crap draw.

As far as I am concerned, good luck to teams like Collingwood who can get draws like that year after year, it really wouldn't have any real impact on them off-field if they played the minimum number of games in Melbourne. If my club was in the same position I would expect them to try and get the best deal for our members, that is have as many games as possible available to the members both home and away.

Give them credit, after 2005 I thought they were about to lose their preferential treatment, crowds and ratings suffered badly after a poor year on-field, I thought that era was at an end but they had a really good year this year. It will be interesting to see if 7 manipulate the draw as much as channel Eddie did during 9's time with the football.

DyerBolical said:
Can't help but look at this picture and notice that Judd looks like an outsider. Cuz, Chick and Embley over the moon, Judd with hand on hip. Would he feel more a part of it in a Vic. side, i think a picture tells a 1000 words.

Clearly.

Our captain is an outsider, and will sell his brand new house and head back to Vic.

I wouldn't have believed it, but it's obvious looking at that picture.

Aristotel said:
But the point is that it's not of Collingwood's doing
Again, you are wrong. Each club gets to make fixturing requests to the AFL. IIRC Collingwood's usual fixturing request is as few games in Perth as possible. This is why there's a 12-1 imbalance in single-meeting fixtures, and why 2002 is the only year in the last 10 seasons in which Collingwood travelled to Perth twice.

I'm not having a go at Collingwood here. I'm just stating facts to disprove a false statement.

For fans of other clubs who want to use this as evidence of favourable treatment by the AFL, consider these points: According to AFL rules, every club has the opportunity to make fixturing requests to the AFL. If Collingwood are smart enough to request as few games in Perth as possible, and they get their request, good luck to them. Other clubs also make requests to the AFL, and a common request - particularly by Melbourne-based clubs - is a home game against Collingwood. So naturally, to ensure as many requests are met as possible, the AFL would give Collingwood maybe one extra game in Melbourne a year that would otherwise have been played in Perth. If your club is not smart enough to request as few games in Perth as possible, that is not Collingwood's fault.

Tredders66 said:
Geez, ya know what happened to us after we said somthing like that in 2004;)

Yeha the obly difference I can see is Port missed out 3 or 4 times before they got their flag and had an aging list.

Eagles are a very young side and have only been DEEP into September twice lately. Should be around the mark for the next 3-4 years IMO.

Be very dissapointed if we dont make top 4 again!

next season:

top three (in no order):
wce
swans
dockers
(these teams are the only ones who can win it imo, and the dockers still have limited finals experience)

sliders:
crows
saints
pies

improvers:
hawks
port
and the bulldogs are going to cause a lot of problems.

amen.

MC_Gusto said:
saints won't be sliding but i like the fact that people think we will.

top two

:D

nah, your midfield is too slow. fraser is getting old, so is aaron. your big name players are brilliant yet injury prone. top 8 yes, but i think you will be lucky to get further than sixth.

I would think the Eagles, Swans and Dockers will be the top 3 next season, but the Victorian takeover isn't too far away thanks to the draft. Carlton, Hawthorn, Richmond have some awesome young talent and in 2 or 3 years time will be fighting for the top 4. Ofcourse people will disagree with Carlton being in the mix, but there is no reason at all that we can't move up a few spots in a couple of seasons with the talent we have in, and coming in to our club. :thumbsu: The Tigers are a step or 2 from making the 8 next season and the Hawks have some some serious midfield and KPP talent coming through. So some of the Vic talent should make a move within the next 2 seasons. Essendon have some great youngsters in Monfries, Stanton, Bradley and co. so they won't be far away either. The Pies will go through 4 or 5 years of rebuilding starting next season and with there draft picks this season would hope to be on the verge of getting back into the 8 in 3 or 4 seasons. Good signs for the Vics, just gotta wait for it to happen...

LuvMyHawks said:
Tell me one year that the Colliwobbles have had a BAD draw..My God they have it made...hardly ever travel, Eddie Everywhere sucks up to Demetriou like nothing on earth.. I'll bet he went home and cried when Channel 7 got the rights..it was quite obvious he wanted 9 to get them..And whilst on that subject, what right did Eddie have to tell Demetriou he hoped that the new consortium did as a good a job as them...My God am sooo glad they lost out for the next five years. I always thought that 7 did a great job when they had it..and looking forward to next year, and no more NINE, they are definitely NOT THE ONE!!!:thumbsdown:

well being the CEO of channel nine of course he wanted the rights to the footy? are you stupid?

And Eddie is the President of a football club, as the director of a company will do the best by his company Eddie will do the best by his football side. It's not brain science, he justs wants what is best for the black and white.

Corpuscles said:
Thunderbox get off the wobbles case... they are good for the comp... all their nuff nuffs pay for the comp to be successful..... they have a right ...to be the bubble wrap filler in the comp... and by god they are good at it;)

Collingwood vs Swans
Played 208....Swans wins 79. Collingwood 128.

Premierships... Swans 4. Collingwood 14.

You appear to be the bubble wrap;)

And experienced at being so.

DyerBolical said:
Can't help but look at this picture and notice that Judd looks like an outsider. Cuz, Chick and Embley over the moon, Judd with hand on hip. Would he feel more a part of it in a Vic. side, i think a picture tells a 1000 words.
His frigging shoulder had been ripped from its socet 30 mins earlier, he could not lift it, that is why he stood on that side. Also why he looks a bit reserved, he was in a bit of pain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cuzz09 said:
Back to Back!!

346m6xj.jpg

There's only been 3 premiership back-to-backs in the last 17 seasons. Don't like your chances.

The Magenius said:
His frigging shoulder had been ripped from its socet 30 mins earlier, he could not lift it, that is why he stood on that side. Also why he looks a bit reserved, he was in a bit of pain.

yes I think if my shoulder was dangling and in pain, I'd be reluctant to let a bunch of leaping, hollering lunatics anywhere near it.

pharro said:
yes I think if my shoulder was dangling and in pain, I'd be reluctant to let a bunch of leaping, hollering lunatics anywhere near it.

Ever seen a premiership team that wasn't a bunch of leaping, hollering lunatics ???

VanBerlo=God said:
yours woulda been

"back 2 back 2 back"?

eagles will be
"2005: failure, 2006: success, 2007: mediocrity reigns supreme"

Failure? Mediocrity?
A bit rich coming from a supporter of a club that has won once in 72 years. Was "South Melbourne" a failure in 2006? Or was it case of "South Melbourne's" mediocrity reigning supreme in 2006?

GhostofJimJess said:
There's only been 3 premiership back-to-backs in the last 17 seasons. Don't like your chances.

Well, there's been 2 in the last 10, and considering that Brisbane's was back-to-back-to-back, that means that 5 out of the last 10 premierships were part of a back-to-back campaign.

Pretty good chances I think, although I doubt we'll do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

HUGE season to come

Remove this Banner Ad

Back