Hume FL - 2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are the midfield recruits you were refering to from Osborne? They along with Culcairn it would seem would have to do a massive amount of recruiting to replenish what each has lost this off-season if the rumors I read are correct... Thoughts anyone???:confused:

R/W seem to be very quiet and flying under the radar. How are any of the other teams shaping up?

think osb have got back owen gooden and Leigh schnieder, both handy types and sure a few others to come on board. Who from the Albury twos is headed to Cul? they will need a bit of quality.
and can anyone help out with news on R/W, very under the radar for a top side.

think osb have got back owen gooden and Leigh schnieder, both handy types and sure a few others to come on board. Who from the Albury twos is headed to Cul? they will need a bit of quality.
and can anyone help out with news on R/W, very under the radar for a top side.

also have Maloney who is a League medalist in the RFL from Coolamon. Apart from Hart, Bahr, Douglas and Parr i haven't heard of any other confirmed depatures so i reckon they will be around the mark again!! No way knowing would i be game enough to write them off.

Culcairn as far as i know have picked up Gardiner, Hunter and Judd from Albury all talls.

whisper spreading fast that BB Saints have got there man. With the apparent signing of Darryn Mckimmie, can anyone confirm or deny for certain. Massive signing if true and would well and truely put the Saints into Premiership calculations.

whisper spreading fast that BB Saints have got there man. With the apparent signing of Darryn Mckimmie, can anyone confirm or deny for certain. Massive signing if true and would well and truely put the Saints into Premiership calculations.

I can't help you with that but if he did play that would be huge.Just like the neville he would be getting?? They will have a fairly good line up but weather they can all play as a team will be the big question!!!!

Heard that Romma has raided the Wodonga Saints playing list.But just look where they finished up last year!!!!

I can't help you with that but if he did play that would be huge.Just like the neville he would be getting?? They will have a fairly good line up but weather they can all play as a team will be the big question!!!!

Heard that Romma has raided the Wodonga Saints playing list.But just look where they finished up last year!!!!

That would be about 4 or 5 players at best as i have good authority that not many actually liked him. Plus the fact Buttsy who has a lot of respect at saints has taken on the Walwa job and would be taking the better players with him...

Doubt the truth behind this rumour, and saints would need another 5 quality players in addition to the 5 they have picked up to be considered a chance, but definately looking like they will scrape into finals at the expense of lochart/howlong. ;)

Saints signed 2 very good Riverina league players and are in the mix for a couple of O and M players. With a couple of returning seniors players (Eddy, Boers etc.), expect to see 8-10 new faces run out Round 1 and see them contend for a top 4 spot in 2010.:)
these so called very good players are from a side that has been dropped to the lower farrar league and having played against them they will be only average hume league players at best

Doubt the truth behind this rumour, and saints would need another 5 quality players in addition to the 5 they have picked up to be considered a chance, but definately looking like they will scrape into finals at the expense of lochart/howlong. ;)

Doubt they need another 5 players. would be handy but were already in contention for finals last season with the players they had which they have built on from last year. so can you please explain ur comment " scrape into finals" as they were already were in the mix last year.

Doubt they need another 5 players. would be handy but were already in contention for finals last season with the players they had which they have built on from last year. so can you please explain ur comment " scrape into finals" as they were already were in the mix last year.

Kool Aid no explaining needed i dont think here. If you have a look at the ladder, the saints were 8th, 14 points adrift of 6th position on the ladder, which is four wins that they would have needed against the sides above them, so saying they were in finals contention last yr may be a slight talk up of a team that would have played their last 3 games knowing they were no chance to make finals. there were only six teams in contention for finals last yr. which further backs up previous comments about the division between top and bottom teams, and no im not saying the saints are one of those bottom teams but they will be looking to 'scrape into finals' this yr.:thumbsu:.

Kool Aid no explaining needed i dont think here. If you have a look at the ladder, the saints were 8th, 14 points adrift of 6th position on the ladder, which is four wins that they would have needed against the sides above them, so saying they were in finals contention last yr may be a slight talk up of a team that would have played their last 3 games knowing they were no chance to make finals. there were only six teams in contention for finals last yr. which further backs up previous comments about the division between top and bottom teams, and no im not saying the saints are one of those bottom teams but they will be looking to 'scrape into finals' this yr.:thumbsu:.

yeah fair call. although will make a slight correction the last game of the year was walla which was a should of won. lol pathetic i know it sounds but should of won that one. and also heard again from another source that saints have got mckimme. does anyone know for certain that bb saints have signed him instead of heresay and 4th hand stories?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah fair call. although will make a slight correction the last game of the year was walla which was a should of won. lol pathetic i know it sounds but should of won that one. and also heard again from another source that saints have got mckimme. does anyone know for certain that bb saints have signed him instead of heresay and 4th hand stories?

Have talked to a mate from lavington and he seems to think for sure that he is staying at panthers, but he hasnt been training with lavington because his wife is expecting so i think an answer in early january will be certain. my guess is he will stay one more year.

Have talked to a mate from lavington and he seems to think for sure that he is staying at panthers, but he hasnt been training with lavington because his wife is expecting so i think an answer in early january will be certain. my guess is he will stay one more year.

He has signed with the saints i will put it to bed now, signed last week, all the best to him and the club.

McKimmie all signed up with the saints monday night!!

be interesting to see how his body holds up, struggled with injuries at lavington last yr and the grounds out hume league wont suit him at all i wouldnt think, but if he can stay injury free he and glanville will dominate up forward u would think

be interesting to see how his body holds up, struggled with injuries at lavington last yr and the grounds out hume league wont suit him at all i wouldnt think, but if he can stay injury free he and glanville will dominate up forward u would think

looks like the saints team is shaping up to be half decent.....! although im a bit disappointed that he didnt end up at walla, but very glad he didnt go to jindera!

Will be interesting to see how he go's. We all know what he would be capable of and imo that addition to the saints should put them in finals calculations. Hopefully his body holds up.
PP get stuffed.....:p
Hope everyone has a good festive season and we look forward to hooking into Preseason training in January.

anyone heard any more on coaches for Walla, Lockhart,CDHBU or Crows yet? my top six at this stage is
Jindera
Osborne
Howlong
RW Tigers
BB Saints
Culcairn
Any opinions lads?
Merry xmas and happy new years to all! Cheers Axe :thumbsu:

anyone heard any more on coaches for Walla, Lockhart,CDHBU or Crows yet? my top six at this stage is
Jindera
Osborne
Howlong
RW Tigers
BB Saints
Culcairn
Any opinions lads?
Merry xmas and happy new years to all! Cheers Axe :thumbsu:

i reckon you nailed in on the head there, in any order of course as the draw does not suit the like of osborne and jindera but on the other hand saints could be 5-0

Saints have arguably the best midfield in the league (Glanville, Storey, Guest, McKimmie, Scott, J.Schilg etc) but who is going to kick the goals for them?:confused: Probably need power forward and another key backman before they will be contenders of any sort.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back