Hume FL - 2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
where to now for Donnan, word is the club told him they didn't want him as a coach, be interested to see what he does as a player.

Why wouldnt the club want Donnan as a coach? He has got culcairn to finals and one would think that they are in with a good chance as well. But each to their own, wishing Kade all the best for next season.

Why wouldnt the club want Donnan as a coach? He has got culcairn to finals and one would think that they are in with a good chance as well. But each to their own, wishing Kade all the best for next season.

There might have been a sign from above that he was the right man for the job :D Good luck to him and the Lions. As long as the blokes under him respect him as a coach and leader I cant see why age should be a problem. :thumbsu:

There might have been a sign from above that he was the right man for the job :D Good luck to him and the Lions. As long as the blokes under him respect him as a coach and leader I cant see why age should be a problem. :thumbsu:
Couple of my Culcairn mates reckon that Shan Gilson will be Klemkes assisstant next year so the question has to be asked whats Ben Schultz doing and did that little experiment work(schultz as assisstant)???:confused:

Couple of my Culcairn mates reckon that Shan Gilson will be Klemkes assisstant next year so the question has to be asked whats Ben Schultz doing and did that little experiment work(schultz as assisstant)???:confused:

Apparently Schultz has accepted a coaching role with a Wagga based club.

Saw the Cul Osborne game on the weekend. Culcairn are gone! Awesome team on paper but play like a bunch of individuals. If they played like a team and adopted a smart brand of footy they could be world beaters. Out smarted by a brilliant footy team who were willing to do all the 1% that win a game of footy.

Culcairn smashed Jindera on the weekend, so does that mean that Jindera is now the team that is in massive trouble?

Does anyone want to take a stab at their clubs respective B&F.

Culcairn smashed Jindera on the weekend, so does that mean that Jindera is now the team that is in massive trouble?

wouldn't have thought Jindera are in any different position to osborne culcairn and magpies. With the finals set first week is going to be cracker. One potential premiersip threat will go with Osborne taking on Culcairn, Magpies will make there finals debut against Jindera and will be confident of an upset after rolling Jindera during the year. I honestly believe that who ever gets to the prelim out of the 4 that are playing each week WILL make the grand final with a massive chance.
Kirk wilson will win Jindera's best and fairest

wouldn't have thought Jindera are in any different position to osborne culcairn and magpies. With the finals set first week is going to be cracker. One potential premiersip threat will go with Osborne taking on Culcairn, Magpies will make there finals debut against Jindera and will be confident of an upset after rolling Jindera during the year. I honestly believe that who ever gets to the prelim out of the 4 that are playing each week WILL make the grand final with a massive chance.
Kirk wilson will win Jindera's best and fairest

Wilson has had a great year, i also think he will take the B&F this year. Cassidy will also be up there. Both players have really had great seasons.

Jindera are playing up and down footy at the minute, but i would say that come the first week of finals Jindera will smash the maggies, and show them why they have been one of the favorites all year.

as i have said in the past, if Jindera come up against BB in the prelims, Jindera will win the flag. But if they have to play against Howlong im not too sure. This weekend will give us a good indication as to where Jindera are really at.

Shilgy and Storey will be our top two. Not sure which way it will go though. Nathan Scott should be up there also.

Does anyone want to have a stab of the top 10 for the azzi?

Seems everyone is pretty quiet, i will put who i think may be up there.

Winner - Jay Banks
Andrew Wilson
Shilg
Storey
Mcgown
Nicholson - should poll well frist half!
Palmer??
Castles??

Anybody i have missed?

It will be interesting to see if the umpires were in agreeance at the same rate of the coaching staff at both Howlong and BB when it comes to Banks and Storey being in the best players, as these two were pretty much in their side's best players week in week out for the season. Im not having a go at either club, just stating that it will be interesting to see how it plays out. An example of this being Matt Shir in the O&M where he would constantly be in Wodonga best 3 players win, lose or draw but when it came to Morris Medal was famously NEVER in the hunt, even some years where he went in a confident favourite amoung all followers. In saying that I think Banks will take it out and be a deserving winnner. Expect close attention to come from Palmer (Hol), McGowen (Coly), Schilg & Storey, Hutchins (Cul).
A few surprising vote gathers throughout the count will include Pearse (Lock), Leishke (MM), Wilson (Jind) and Semmler (Hol) as these guys have constantly been in the bests for their teams.
Lets just hope the men (& women now) in orange get it somewhere close to the mark, unlike some of their efforts throughout the season :thumbsu:

Finals footy is here boys and girls.
And the Sainters are here for the first time in a long time. WE are all very excited to be apart of the finals action this year.

First round of finals

Culcairn vs Osborne
Jindera vs M Magpies

My tip is Culcairn in a tight one, and Jindera to smash Magpies in a confidence building exercise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing as though finals are coming up, it is pretty quiet on here.

Tips this weekend are Culcairn by a couple of kicks and Jindera. Hoping the Magpies can cause a few upsets in the finals, would be good for the comp and especially for them as a club.
Will have a punt at the reserves as well.
Jindera over R/W and Howlong to belt Magpies.

For a bit of discussion, with the Tallangatta League making headlines in the paper for the past 2 weeks or so with where finals are being played, anyone in here think that Hume should move the finals into Albury or Wodonga or keep them where they are? I dont really have an opinion either way, however, just a topic of conversation to get
the forum going a bit.

Quiet?

Some small amount of noise emanating from the luminary that took a shotgun approach to the MM on their FB page. Search for Murray Magpies Supporters on Facebook for the details.

He is apparently presently ensconced in the Albury lockup. Deservedly.

You will rarely find anyone so out of order. Disgusting.

Quiet?

Some small amount of noise emanating from the luminary that took a shotgun approach to the MM on their FB page. Search for Murray Magpies Supporters on Facebook for the details.

What's Facebook ?

Seeing as though finals are coming up, it is pretty quiet on here.

Tips this weekend are Culcairn by a couple of kicks and Jindera. Hoping the Magpies can cause a few upsets in the finals, would be good for the comp and especially for them as a club.
Will have a punt at the reserves as well.
Jindera over R/W and Howlong to belt Magpies.

For a bit of discussion, with the Tallangatta League making headlines in the paper for the past 2 weeks or so with where finals are being played, anyone in here think that Hume should move the finals into Albury or Wodonga or keep them where they are? I dont really have an opinion either way, however, just a topic of conversation to get
the forum going a bit.

Jindera over the maggies by a large margin. (However, i have heard they are confidant of a win, so their bigs heads may trip them over) and osborne in an upset over culcairn.

In terms of the finals, i dont mind it being kept out in the bush. However i would like to see some home finals for the first 2 rounds. and then out to to GF head quarters! I just feel that if a team finish's above an opp on the ladder they deserve the home advantage! And it would also keep the GF ground in better repair. Thoughts?

Jindera over the maggies by a large margin. (However, i have heard they are confidant of a win, so their bigs heads may trip them over) and osborne in an upset over culcairn.

In terms of the finals, i dont mind it being kept out in the bush. However i would like to see some home finals for the first 2 rounds. and then out to to GF head quarters! I just feel that if a team finish's above an opp on the ladder they deserve the home advantage! And it would also keep the GF ground in better repair. Thoughts?

I Tend to agree with you on the finals setup, not a bad idea although clubs would lose much needed funds by losing catering especially those at the lower and of the table.
However i disagree with you saying Jindera are over confident of a win this week. Form over the past fortnight has been indifferent at best and the Magpies have beaten us this year already. We know our best is good enough but in no way shape or form are we over confident or are we taken the magpies lightly.

I Tend to agree with you on the finals setup, not a bad idea although clubs would lose much needed funds by losing catering especially those at the lower and of the table.
However i disagree with you saying Jindera are over confident of a win this week. Form over the past fortnight has been indifferent at best and the Magpies have beaten us this year already. We know our best is good enough but in no way shape or form are we over confident or are we taken the magpies lightly.

I wonder if the home final would work if the lower ranked clubs were still able to do the catering. the only thing that would change is the location of the game?

In terms of jindera going in over confident. It was a generalised statement after talking to a couple of jindera players. All the pressure is on Jindera to come out guns a blazing this weekend. (As they were one of the major contenders, until their form slump this past month)
Maggies have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I dont think the maggies will be able to overcome jindera a 2nd time however.. But good luck NOP i hope u get the result ur after!

Quiet?

Just had a look at the facebook page Crumber,thats a fair spray in anyones language but pretty much what you would expect from the MM faithful,you can re-name yourselves all you like you will always be East Lavington garbage.:mad:

Just had a look at the facebook page Crumber,thats a fair spray in anyones language but pretty much what you would expect from the MM faithful,you can re-name yourselves all you like you will always be East Lavington garbage.:mad:

yeah just had a read of that as well , pretty disappointing form. for what its worth jindera should end their season tomorrow by about five goals.. the doggies have been pretty ordinary lately but i just cant see them failing at the first hurdle.. culcairn will change the result of their last clash with osborne.. good luck to all sides competing over the next few weeks

yeah just had a read of that as well , pretty disappointing form. for what its worth jindera should end their season tomorrow by about five goals.. the doggies have been pretty ordinary lately but i just cant see them failing at the first hurdle.. culcairn will change the result of their last clash with osborne.. good luck to all sides competing over the next few weeks

To be fair to the MM it looks more to be from someone bitter and twisted that they've been given the lemonade and sars - understandable!!! Not their fault.

Score from today???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back