Hume FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard off a Henty committee member that Mark Sanson is copping 16k for the year and they are paying 14 players.
Sounds like they are going all out, if they can't win the flag this year they never will.
It must be great to have so many loyal locals like Osborne.

I'm sure they havnt spent that much but if you average that out at say $200 a game x 18 games = $50,400 and not all 14 would be on that much you wouldn't think. puls $16,000 for Sanson = $66,400

I wouldn't call that "all out" from some of the other figures mentioned in earlier posts.

$16,000 is not much for a coach these days. Ask around and you will find a large number on more than that.

Really to coach a club 16K would be a good deal but there are a lot of coaches going around on a lot more than that. Obviously Daisy you have never been involved with the coaching side of things and don't realise that it's not just about doing the pregame and halftime speeches, it starts in Oct and doesn't end until you season is spent, so when you average it out 16K for a years work is pretty good I would have thought. Also Henty may be paying 14 players but that doesn't necessarily mean they are going all out. Blokes travelling have to get paid now a days and not knowing Henty's structure Im sure some would be just on fuel money for example. Do you consider those payed players? As for Osborne yes they have some loyal servents (Howard, Schneiders) but there wouldn't be many that are going out there for free. Correct me if I'm wrong but that is how footy is now a days.[/quote)

Sounds like you're on about $16K (or more) to coach then Al ?

By the sound of it he wouldn't get out of bed for less than $20k

Mark would be *****house at poker, too conservative. Tim would either do all his cash on the first few hands or he'd win heaps and pretend to be a high roller for the rest of the game. Brett would prob be the dealer and try to run the game, and Paul couldn't care less as long as Brett didn't beat him. Paul would prob have to loan Tim money before the game was done.;)

Old Bug would never get to the poker table once he found out he had to pull the old wallet out of the pocket. Too bigger mortgage to pay off on that mansion he built.
Figures get bandied around these days , but you never really know how that figure is split.Bonuses , travel etc etc
Good luck to him anyway , and i am pretty sure Bug would be exactly the same as Timber and would be 150 percent devoted to the cause

Plenty of blokes out there take money like that and really couldnt give a rats!!!!

Oh Yeh Timber and Box the poker players with Timber talking big and betting small change whilst box would have a crack!!

Why are Walla looking so good? Apart from hotrod and the other few pickups, have they got anything else special?

You're not too far of the mark The man. Walla will be up there but they won't match Howlong and Henty. I reckon it'll look something like this
Howlong
Henty
Osborne
Walla
RW Tigers

Holbrook
Culcairn
Jindera
Magpies
Lockhart
BB Saints

I think Henty have recruited the Klemke brothers Joel and Daniel in the last week. Joel played North Albury first grade and apparently Daniel will play alongside Mark Sanson at centrehalf forward. Along with the other three or four guys they have picked up and only losing Jacka I believe they are the main threat to Howlong and Osborne.

Hi all - Great to see a thread about the Hume League, and some of the stuff mentioned is quite interesting.
Firstly, in case i get accused of being bias, i must point out that not to long ago i was involved in the Howlong Footy Club, and still have a reasonable understanding of what is going on in the league.
Firstly, to clear up a few miths. Someone mentioned teams such as Howlong and i think it was Culcairn had spent over 100k to 'buy the premiership' last year. I can tell you that this is way over the top as no club in the league would turn over 100k a year let alone have the money to pay that sort of money to their players. Secondly, someone mentioned Sanson being paid 16k a year. If that is the case, he would definitely be the highest paid in the league. No one will pay that much for one player. That is nearly a whole years gate takings for a club. Finally for now, (yes this may be a little bias, but who is not proud to see their team in the grand final) it was mentioned about Osborne having all the locals last year and Howlong having all the 'paid' players in the team. I can tell you for fact that of the 21 in Howlongs side in the GF last year, 15 were locals, 10 of them having played under 14's & 17's as kids. As with Osborne, this proves that to have a succesful team in country footy you need a good strong local base to which you can add a few quality 'imports' to fill the gaps.

Keep up the good work everybody. This is all great reading.

Hi all - Great to see a thread about the Hume League, and some of the stuff mentioned is quite interesting.
Firstly, in case i get accused of being bias, i must point out that not to long ago i was involved in the Howlong Footy Club, and still have a reasonable understanding of what is going on in the league.
Firstly, to clear up a few miths. Someone mentioned teams such as Howlong and i think it was Culcairn had spent over 100k to 'buy the premiership' last year. I can tell you that this is way over the top as no club in the league would turn over 100k a year let alone have the money to pay that sort of money to their players. Secondly, someone mentioned Sanson being paid 16k a year. If that is the case, he would definitely be the highest paid in the league. No one will pay that much for one player. That is nearly a whole years gate takings for a club. Finally for now, (yes this may be a little bias, but who is not proud to see their team in the grand final) it was mentioned about Osborne having all the locals last year and Howlong having all the 'paid' players in the team. I can tell you for fact that of the 21 in Howlongs side in the GF last year, 15 were locals, 10 of them having played under 14's & 17's as kids. As with Osborne, this proves that to have a succesful team in country footy you need a good strong local base to which you can add a few quality 'imports' to fill the gaps.

They definately "pay some of their locals" pretty good money OTP.I dont know enough about their list from the g/f last year to prove you wrong but your statement doesnt sound quite right in regards to 15 locals.Obviously injuries to Reinjeibek and Winner freed up 2 spots that locals wouldnt have taken.Ross,Myles,Hansen are three that spring to mind that arent locals but the figures that the club was supposed to be spending would have meant there were more imports than those.I'm sure someone on here could accurately prove or dissprove your statement.They do though have a very good core of locals,it hasnt however prevented them recruiting outside this local core this year as all there recruits are from outside the town which i understand is a neccessity.I'm sure they will be very competitive for you again in 07:)

Mark would be *****house at poker, too conservative. Tim would either do all his cash on the first few hands or he'd win heaps and pretend to be a high roller for the rest of the game. Brett would prob be the dealer and try to run the game, and Paul couldn't care less as long as Brett didn't beat him. Paul would prob have to loan Tim money before the game was done.;)

Love it, very funny!! :thumbsu:

Howlong team from last years Grand Final

B K Pargeter B Longley D Cooper
HB J Kohn A McNamara C Van Zanten
C N Lavis (Nicholson) A Hoskin
HF P Baker S Leathem (Ross)
F (Cooke) (Myles) J Koehler
R Murphy (Hansen) (Doolan)

Bench
S McCormack
C Kimber
B Weule

Those in brackets (6 of them) are not locals.

Howlong team from last years Grand Final

B K Pargeter B Longley D Cooper
HB J Kohn A McNamara C Van Zanten
C N Lavis (Nicholson) A Hoskin
HF P Baker S Leathem (Ross)
F (Cooke) (Myles) J Koehler
R Murphy (Hansen) (Doolan)

Bench
S McCormack
C Kimber
B Weule

Those in brackets (6 of them) are not locals.

Didn't McGibbon play in that side? He may not have I just thought I saw him that day.

Just doin a bit of maths here on your comments made about not exceeding 100k at Howlong.
Myles=Wouldn't play for less than 500/game.
Nicholson=Wouldn't be far off 500/game.
Hansen=Wouldn't play for less than 500/game
Cooke & Doolan=Wouldn't be less than 300/game
Ross=Wouldn't Coach for less than 16000k/year(re;Sanson comments)

Averaged out over 18 games = $53800Thats for 6 players

Add the likes of Hoskin, Kohn, Lavis, Koehler, Pargeter, Leathem, Weule, all quality footballers in the Hume league and could easily be expected to be paid at least 150-200/game at their home club.

Add all this up and it's just above 70000 dollars. Although this is a long way off being 100k, everyone seems to have forgotten about Winner and Rjinbeek. Obviously injured at the business end of the season, but still would have taken a fair wack of the budget.

Although I sound long winded, this is for 14 or 15 players, and there is no real way of knowing exactly what the club has spent, but I suspect that the mark, although it may not be there, is bloody close to 100k for last season. Needless to say I do hope that the spiders actually go on and not snatch defeat from the jaws of victory this year!!!:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just doin a bit of maths here on your comments made about not exceeding 100k at Howlong.
Myles=Wouldn't play for less than 500/game.
Nicholson=Wouldn't be far off 500/game.
Hansen=Wouldn't play for less than 500/game
Cooke & Doolan=Wouldn't be less than 300/game
Ross=Wouldn't Coach for less than 16000k/year(re;Sanson comments)

Averaged out over 18 games = $53800Thats for 6 players

Add the likes of Hoskin, Kohn, Lavis, Koehler, Pargeter, Leathem, Weule, all quality footballers in the Hume league and could easily be expected to be paid at least 150-200/game at their home club.

Add all this up and it's just above 70000 dollars. Although this is a long way off being 100k, everyone seems to have forgotten about Winner and Rjinbeek. Obviously injured at the business end of the season, but still would have taken a fair wack of the budget.

Although I sound long winded, this is for 14 or 15 players, and there is no real way of knowing exactly what the club has spent, but I suspect that the mark, although it may not be there, is bloody close to 100k for last season. Needless to say I do hope that the spiders actually go on and not snatch defeat from the jaws of victory this year!!!:p
Myles was up around that 15k mark and Ross just over 20k. Also there ruckman Murphy was on a good wicket as well. No doubt Howlong has plenty of local talent but to suggest that they were not around that 100k mark is just kidding yourself. Good luck to them, obviously have a hard working commitee that can afford to put that side on the park.

Myles was up around that 15k mark and Ross just over 20k. Also there ruckman Murphy was on a good wicket as well. No doubt Howlong has plenty of local talent but to suggest that they were not around that 100k mark is just kidding yourself. Good luck to them, obviously have a hard working commitee that can afford to put that side on the park.

Would hansen really be on 500 a game though. Seems a bit high. I would have thought 300 max. and Nicholson as well. For that type of money you would want to be AC or some other type of leadershi[p role. It makes Sansons rumoured sum to be an even better deal than before, especially seeing that he has to travel twice as far. Ross I could understand and Myles but those other guys I would have thought to high. Still, if thats what those type/level of player get its no wonder so many guys leave the OM early or don't bother to remain at their clubs and play 2's.

Would hansen really be on 500 a game though. Seems a bit high. I would have thought 300 max. and Nicholson as well. For that type of money you would want to be AC or some other type of leadershi[p role. It makes Sansons rumoured sum to be an even better deal than before, especially seeing that he has to travel twice as far. Ross I could understand and Myles but those other guys I would have thought to high. Still, if thats what those type/level of player get its no wonder so many guys leave the OM early or don't bother to remain at their clubs and play 2's.
I think in Hansens case his value increased when Winner and him were going to go to Chiltern before the season started. But he won an Azzi so performance suggests he is worth it. Think your spot on about the O&M though. The Tallangatta and Hume leagues have both strengthened over the last couple of years purely because of the amonts of money getting thron around. Not only at the top end, but a good O&M twos player can demand around that 150-200 mark and find a side willing to pay. Twos football has dropped of a bit as a result. Interested to hear thoughts.

I know that Howlong spent 89K and still made a profit of 10K for the year. Info from committee man. Locals wouldn't have seen much of this dough.

I know that Howlong spent 89K and still made a profit of 10K for the year. Info from committee man. Locals wouldn't have seen much of this dough.

Thanks for the knowledge "Browny", :thumbsu: 89k is a hell of a lot of money, and to still make a profit is a credit to the committee and fundraisers. My apologies to "On The Pine", although I wasn't far off the 100k mark.

They obviuosly fell just short last year,you would expect all those players would remain on basically the same dollars,they are reportedly recruiting heavily again,does anyone know who they have definitely signed and what sort of dollars they are on?I know Barnes from Deni was chased hard $400 was the rumoured mark,similar to Nixon.Anderson not far off that as well so there is another say $1000 pw x 18 adds some more biscuits to raise.

just wondering how Culcairn are travelling.Heard they are still struggling to get players to train.Seems Klemke hasnt had the backing of his players maybe a bit of disharmony creeping in at the lions.Maybe you cant teach old lions new tricks.Would like to hear what big Al has to say.:confused:

Is Matt Gleeson returning to Osborne or coaching Coly again?

Matt is coaching Coly again. I believe Osborne and Coly played a prac match today. I notice a lot of you guys dont have RW TIGERS in your top 5. They may have slipped under our guards talking to one of their locals the other day and he said they have recruited 7 or 8, he would'nt give out any names except that their coach Marcus Osborne is a good chance to win the Azzi medal. Maybe a real threat , like to hear your thoughts.

just wondering how Culcairn are travelling.Heard they are still struggling to get players to train.Seems Klemke hasnt had the backing of his players maybe a bit of disharmony creeping in at the lions.Maybe you cant teach old lions new tricks.Would like to hear what big Al has to say.:confused:

Sorry bowwow im not Big Al but id say it is pretty hard to respect a bloke that comes from a club that call themselves the 'BUSHPIGS' and struggled to get a kick in the Farrer League wouldn't you say.:cool:

Sorry bowwow im not Big Al but id say it is pretty hard to respect a bloke that comes from a club that call themselves the 'BUSHPIGS' and struggled to get a kick in the Farrer League wouldn't you say.:cool:
Yeah tend to agree with you pieeater also heard on the grapevine that Fruey was seen in Rutherglen last week.Maybe he buys his grog by the barrel now.Any truth in the rumour that past president at Walla refuses to speak to new president.:confused:

How do you know he struggled to get a kick. I heard he went very well in their B&F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back