Hume FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a huge follower of the hume league but have always wondered Why are the Murray Magpies so crap on and off the field???? I would being relatively "in town" they would have afew bit of recruiting power

I have wondered also.
It's the same with Wodonga Saints in the Tallangatta league.
Both sides are in town , but seem to struggle to lure players to their clubs.
Maybe something behind the scenes, that we don't get to hear about?
Maybe a culture thing, but as Thurgoona showed it can turn around, quickly, with the right people involved.

Any more news on the coaches for henty, magpies, coly & the power. Is Sanderson a chance at the power ?

Read in the Border Mail that a Shaun Brooker is non playing coach of Coleambally next year. Says he played with Culcairn and Narrandera and he "might" play the odd game.

I've got a soft spot for Coly. How does Brooker go? Can he play / coach? Might he bring some players with him? Anyone know or played with him?

That'd be Browne, singleton and Duffy middle ranged 2's players from lavy shopped themselves around asking for dollars.

How do you know they shopped themselves around ? Wouldnt be the first time in history that players could have more than one club intersted in them....any chance you can properly substantiate your claim ??

How do you know they shopped themselves around ? Wouldnt be the first time in history that players could have more than one club intersted in them....any chance you can properly substantiate your claim ??
What are they like would they make the grade in the senior sides out in the hume league. And has bomber hilton signed at jindera yet , Heard it is a done deal , and if so will his Knees or what ever i keep hearing is wrong with him make him slow down .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can easily substantiate the claim as i was in one of there meetings. Showed very little professionalism which is what usually happens when you speak to players in a group. Was very obvious they where just interested in the highest bidder. Something our club takes no interest in. They will be reasonable senior players at this level partuculary Browne. But if they got what they wanted good luck to them, as i said it wasn't something our club was interested in.

That'd be Browne, singleton and Duffy middle ranged 2's players from lavy shopped themselves around asking for dollars.

just wondering who the Browne is your talking about. I'm from outside the league but used to know a bloke who I thought was going to lavy a few years back named browne but i can't remember his first name.

Read in the Border Mail that a Shaun Brooker is non playing coach of Coleambally next year. Says he played with Culcairn and Narrandera and he "might" play the odd game.

I've got a soft spot for Coly. How does Brooker go? Can he play / coach? Might he bring some players with him? Anyone know or played with him?

Doobie,

He also played for North Albury and Corowa/Rutherglen back about 98-99. He may have even been assistant coach to Silvestro the second time he coached Corowa. Should have some know about coaching

just wondering who the Browne is your talking about. I'm from outside the league but used to know a bloke who I thought was going to lavy a few years back named browne but i can't remember his first name.

The one (or ones) you would be thinking of are the Brown Bros.(Corey & Todd) I doubt very much they would be shopping around district clubs. I think one is still O/S anyway.They would walk straight back into Timbas 1's anyday.

Mitch Browne 21 yr old played junior footy and then 2nds at lavy not sure if he played any senior games. pretty handy player would go orright on a wing or half forward line in the hume league but wouldn't be a stand out i would have thought. still, handy addition

Doobie,

He also played for North Albury and Corowa/Rutherglen back about 98-99. He may have even been assistant coach to Silvestro the second time he coached Corowa. Should have some know about coaching

Played with Brook in that year - good bloke and passionate about the game but limited ability without wanting bring him down too much. Not sure how he came to get the assistant gig at Corowa. Struggled to play O and M after having a lot of injuries if i remember correctly. Matty Gleeson will be a big hole to fill - don't think Shaun has played for a few years on top of big ability difference. Very hard to get anyone to coach out there though i'd say. Big drive for most potential targets.

Played with Brook in that year - good bloke and passionate about the game but limited ability without wanting bring him down too much. Not sure how he came to get the assistant gig at Corowa. Struggled to play O and M after having a lot of injuries if i remember correctly. Matty Gleeson will be a big hole to fill - don't think Shaun has played for a few years on top of big ability difference. Very hard to get anyone to coach out there though i'd say. Big drive for most potential targets.

Yeah, I was there that year also, you are right about him being a good bloke. Good at it after the game at the bar anyway

Mitch Browne 21 yr old played junior footy and then 2nds at lavy not sure if he played any senior games. pretty handy player would go orright on a wing or half forward line in the hume league but wouldn't be a stand out i would have thought. still, handy addition

Thanks Boony, Mitch was his name. Wasn't sure if he ended up at Lavy or not.

Yeah, I was there that year also, you are right about him being a good bloke. Good at it after the game at the bar anyway

Thanks Kanga and Browny. Sounds like he'll be able to bring some good experience to the table based on the clubs he's been at. He'll fit in up there if he likes a sherbert. Hopefully he can bring one or two players with him. Regardless, Coly always put together a good side of local kids in the seniors and all they need is some good coaching. Gleeso will be missed though, as he did well and was well liked there. Would be good to at least see the old Coreen Clubs like Coly put in a good showing for their first year stepping up to the Hume League.

Thanks Kanga and Browny. Sounds like he'll be able to bring some good experience to the table based on the clubs he's been at. He'll fit in up there if he likes a sherbert. Hopefully he can bring one or two players with him. Regardless, Coly always put together a good side of local kids in the seniors and all they need is some good coaching. Gleeso will be missed though, as he did well and was well liked there. Would be good to at least see the old Coreen Clubs like Coly put in a good showing for their first year stepping up to the Hume League.

Will be interesting to see how the Coreen League clubs fair in the Hume League as the MM struggled first year.

A couple of rumours I have heard this week spoke to a Howlong source on Monday who said Steve Murphy has definitely signed on for next year with the Spiders and a big rumour Hibberson is returning from Walla but source would not confirm or deny this has happened. Can ayone confirm or deny the Hibberson rumour ?

Will be interesting to see how the Coreen League clubs fair in the Hume League as the MM struggled first year.

A couple of rumours I have heard this week spoke to a Howlong source on Monday who said Steve Murphy has definitely signed on for next year with the Spiders and a big rumour Hibberson is returning from Walla but source would not confirm or deny this has happened. Can ayone confirm or deny the Hibberson rumour ?
I heard that rumour to, but isnt he contracted to them for next season . when they tried getting kade styles last year he also was contracted to henty and was told to honour the contract or sit out for 12months so hibberson may aswell have year of because i doubt the hoppers hierachy will clear him if thats the case. When you commit to a club you commit. i think that is fair , but remember this is a gossip site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back