Hume FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do all the kids from the 4ths go to once they they are too old? Oaklands never seemed to have 3rds and the Crows don`t have them this year?They always seem capable of feilding more than competitive 4ths

It appears that some of those overaged players simply continue to play in the under 14's while the rest concentrate on breeding with their sisters and other close relatives.:)

For starters mate Rennie get there kids from Mulwala.....CDHBU get them from corowa and coly is bigger then both oaklands and urana put togetha d...head so think b4 u open ur big mouth..............and i know alot about the Billabong Crows and they have 9 players eligible to play 17,s thats not even half a team u idiot.................

Rennie get their kids from Rennie, Savernake, Mulwala, Yarrawonga, Bundalong, Corowa, Buraja, Mt Gwynne, almost to Berrigan and Barooga, boarding school, and anywhere else they can scrounge them from. Most kids from Yarra and Mul come out either cause they can't get a game in town, or their fathers were old CDFL players and want the comp and its teams to continue. Rennie provide free bus travel for the kids to and from training. The club is having a go.

CDHBU get them from around Coreen, Buraja, Daysdale, Balldale and plenty from Corowa (where they train). Good luck to them however they do it because they have good numbers. They have a go.

Coly get them from Coly, Darlington Point, boarding school. I doubt that Coly is bigger than Urana and Oaklands put together. I'd say the numbers are about the same. Coly compete with Rugby League in that town for junior players. Their best kids are also getting heavily poached by Griffith. Like Rennie, they have to top their 3rds up heavily with 4ths. They have a go.

9 players is in actual fact half a team. I bet that between Urana and Oaklands (not to mention the farming districts to your north, south, east and west) there are at least another 9 boys eligible to play 3rds out there. Don't know about CDHBU but I do know that in recent years Rennie and Coly would have loved to have at least started off with 9 kids for the 3rds. Fact is, Billabong is not having a go.

(Go ahead and call me or others on this thread an idiot if you like. But I'd suggest you come up with something a bit more intelligent than your above post firstly).

Which means you only need your top 9 from under 14s to double up and there's no problem. And I'm sure there would be no problem from most clubs in lending you three or four to help you out to ensure they get a game.
It's been done for years - if it wasn't for borrowed players Daysdale would never have got thirds going again back in '91.
And it's only round 5 this week, there's still time to change the decision and have a crack - wins are not as important at junior level as getting teams on the field.

For a junior (3rds or 4ths) game to go ahead (officially) the team must put 14 on the paddock. That means that only 5 from the 4ths are needed to top up the 9 already available. The opposing coach can then either put 18 on against the 14, or he can lend a few to make it an even contest. Any less then 14 - the game can still go ahead but the points will go to the other team. Billabong Crows officials will also be well aware that over aged players can compete in the 3rds provided they are not superstars. I bet there are a few in that category in Oaklands and Urana. I think it is pretty clear that the crows established early in the piece that they wouldn't be real competitive so they have conceded by not bothering to put a team on the paddock. That in anyone's book is pi$$weak. Not only is the club dogging it but more importantly, they are depriving 9 kids in their towns the opportunity to play footy.

For starters mate Rennie get there kids from Mulwala.....CDHBU get them from corowa and coly is bigger then both oaklands and urana put togetha d...head so think b4 u open ur big mouth..............and i know alot about the Billabong Crows and they have 9 players eligible to play 17,s thats not even half a team u idiot.................

2 classics from Damo:
(1). "i know alot" &
(2). "9 players ......... thats not even half a team".
(And then he tops it off by calling someone an "idiot").
That's gold Damo!

Let me help you out. A team comprises of 18 players. Half of 18 is ............ wait a minute .............. 9!!!! Damo, what school do you go to? Let me know. I'll drop by and bitchslap your maths teacher for you.

Prime Possum says that you probably should be in bed now but from tomorrow, keep the classics coming Damo .........:thumbsu:

Rennie get their kids from Rennie, Savernake, Mulwala, Yarrawonga, Bundalong, Corowa, Buraja, Mt Gwynne, almost to Berrigan and Barooga, boarding school, and anywhere else they can scrounge them from. Most kids from Yarra and Mul come out either cause they can't get a game in town, or their fathers were old CDFL players and want the comp and its teams to continue. Rennie provide free bus travel for the kids to and from training. The club is having a go.

CDHBU get them from around Coreen, Buraja, Daysdale, Balldale and plenty from Corowa (where they train). Good luck to them however they do it because they have good numbers. They have a go.

Coly get them from Coly, Darlington Point, boarding school. I doubt that Coly is bigger than Urana and Oaklands put together. I'd say the numbers are about the same. Coly compete with Rugby League in that town for junior players. Their best kids are also getting heavily poached by Griffith. Like Rennie, they have to top their 3rds up heavily with 4ths. They have a go.

9 players is in actual fact half a team. I bet that between Urana and Oaklands (not to mention the farming districts to your north, south, east and west) there are at least another 9 boys eligible to play 3rds out there. Don't know about CDHBU but I do know that in recent years Rennie and Coly would have loved to have at least started off with 9 kids for the 3rds. Fact is, Billabong is not having a go.

(Go ahead and call me or others on this thread an idiot if you like. But I'd suggest you come up with something a bit more intelligent than your above post firstly).
My point exactly Doobie! Most of the 4ths at clubs are there cos of the family history, same with the 3rds. It is a credit to a club if they can recruit underage players out from the centers you mentioned not a crime. Little Damo bags clubs for recruiting outside the square yet the crows have no problem in doing it to field a senior team. That leads me to my 1st question, where do all the 4ths end up considering they have fielded one 3rds team in recent memory and that relied on borrowings from the other team? Is that why they have to recruit so heavily from outside areas? IMO Colly is a lot smaller than Urana:)

Hey Doobie, I think Damo is doing for this thread what Roughy did for the Tallangatta thread. Don`t be too harsh on him

Hey Doobie, I think Damo is doing for this thread what Roughy did for the Tallangatta thread. Don`t be too harsh on him

Richo, I was thinking exactly the same thing about Damo tonight! Damo is sort of like a junior Roughy! His last few posts are a bit amateur though, compared to the polished professionalism of the rough one. I'll try to back off but it is hard when he comes up with stuff like today's posts. I'm starting to feel like the Year 10 kid picking on the Year 7 kid for his lunch money! Speaking of Roughy, I'll pop over to the Tallangatta thread to see what he's been up to or whether he needs a rev up.

Seriously Damo, keep em coming. Just don't leave your chin sitting up and out, and so exposed like that!:D

That leads me to my 1st question, where do all the 4ths end up considering they have fielded one 3rds team in recent memory and that relied on borrowings from the other team? :)

Goricho. Did you not read my previous post which clearly answered your question? I'll say it again. Some of those kids over 14 simply keep playing and belting all the legitimately aged kids from the opposition (as an overaged player) in the under 14's. The remainder discover sexual intercourse and from then on you can't keep em away from their sisters and cousins. Footy goes out the window for those young bucks!

If the Crows can get 9 players every week plus a handful from the 14s ( which is what most clubs have to do). There is no reason why they can't field a 17s side, other clubs will also throw a few in to keep things even.Just shows that the Crows are not looking long term. Also by playing 15 year old kids in the under 14s will hurt teams like jindera & howlong, because parents with 10,11 & 12 year old kids will not let them play aganist 15 year old kids, so they will take them into Albury to play in there age group. The hume league suffers for the sake of the Crows.So to you Crow people out there get involved and get some sort of a 17s team going & stop playing over aged kids, even is the league says its OK. Also heard that the Dore family left the crows to play junior footy with Osborne and now one of them is in the seniors at Osborne. All the more reason why the Crows need under 17s.
Also heard that the Magpies are considering or already have played overaged kids in the 14s.

If the Crows can get 9 players every week plus a handful from the 14s ( which is what most clubs have to do). There is no reason why they can't field a 17s side, other clubs will also throw a few in to keep things even.Just shows that the Crows are not looking long term. Also by playing 15 year old kids in the under 14s will hurt teams like jindera & howlong, because parents with 10,11 & 12 year old kids will not let them play aganist 15 year old kids, so they will take them into Albury to play in there age group. The hume league suffers for the sake of the Crows.So to you Crow people out there get involved and get some sort of a 17s team going & stop playing over aged kids, even is the league says its OK. Also heard that the Dore family left the crows to play junior footy with Osborne and now one of them is in the seniors at Osborne. All the more reason why the Crows need under 17s.
Also heard that the Magpies are considering or already have played overaged kids in the 14s.

Like I said yesterday - clubs like the crows are stuffing country footy.

If the Magpies are playing overaged kids in the 4ths, they can't be too good. Rennie got their first win for the season over them on the weekend. The little Magpies weren't overly big either, so in cases such as that I think it is fine to play some overaged (so long as they stick to the rules by informing the opposition coach, the umps, and putting it on the teamsheet ........ the sort of things that apparently the crows are neglecting to do).

Like I said yesterday - clubs like the crows are stuffing country footy.

If the Magpies are playing overaged kids in the 4ths, they can't be too good. Rennie got their first win for the season over them on the weekend. The little Magpies weren't overly big either, so in cases such as that I think it is fine to play some overaged (so long as they stick to the rules by informing the opposition coach, the umps, and putting it on the teamsheet ........ the sort of things that apparently the crows are neglecting to do).
Just wait till you play them in Albury, they grow quiet a lot, then they grow even bigger come finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is desperatley crying out for a mod.

C'mon fellas. Let's try and be a bit focused and mature and keep the thread on football and not personal attacks under the guise of arguing semantics.

If you want to have a go at each other, please do it on the old CDFL thread.

Sorry Swampy. No such thing as the CDFL any more (thanks to the likes of the crows). Whether we like it or not, we are part of the Hume League now.

You want to discuss something else bring it up. Because the only contributions to the thread at the moment are either discussing the current state of Howlong FC, or hooking into Billabong.

HUME LEAGUE TOP 10 PLAYERS
After Round 4
SENIORS
Lindsay Seymour (CDHBU) 26
Hayden Lanyon (Holbrook) 25
Clint Brown (Culcairn) 24
Daniel Hawkins (Billabong Crows) 24
B Preston (Jindera) 24
Hayden Gleeson (Osborne) 23
Marcus Gostellow (Culcairn) 22
Andrew McGown (Coleambally) 22
Luke Kohlhagen (Walla) 21
Nathan McPherson (Lockhart) 21

RESERVES
Danny Maloney (Henty) 27
Leigh Bedford (CDHBU) 23
S Bahr (Osborne) 22
N Cottrell (Culcairn) 19
Sean Hanrahan (CDHBU) 19
B Paech (Walla) 19
Kyle Pertzel (Lockhart) 19
Chris Roberts (Murray Magpies) 18
Trevor Callanan (Jindera) 17
Michael Gleeson (Osborne) 17

THIRDS
Ben Klemke (Henty) 37
Daniel Hore (Henty) 34
Tom Fuller (Coleambally) 29
Kylin Morey (Murray Magpies) 23
Darcy McFarland (Culcairn) 21
Josh Shaw (Coleambally) 19
Jesse Kent (Culcairn) 18
E Dale (Murray Magpies) 17
J McCallum (Henty) 17
B Hall (Murray Magpies) 16
C Rochow (Murray Magpies) 16
Cameron Sandral (Rennie) 16
J Teasdale (Murray Magpies) 16

FOURTHS
Nathan Wishart (Culcairn) 30
L Heinjus (Murray Magpies) 29
Hayden Singe (Henty) 25
Sam Hocking (CDHBU) 24
L Casey (Holbrook) 19
T Dowling (Rennie) 19
Hayden Dalitz (Billabong Crows) 18
M George (Osborne) 18
Ben Godde (Culcairn) 18
J Seabrook (Rennie)18
T Webster (Osborne) 18

im just saying that its impossible to have a 17,s at the crows alrite.............they seriously dont have the numbers and the boys that are eligible to play dont wanto play footy its as simple as that.........and why would you all cry if we dont have a 17's,,,,that obviously means that your clubs going to win everyweek doesnt it so cut the crows juniors some slack they are only kids we dont need to be in a massive debate session over juniors......we should be talking about the two senior sides because no one really notices who win junior grand finals they always remember the senior ones.........

ok back to the footy thaen. Has bryce scott made a reture for jindera yet?? i heard he injured himself just wondering if hes made it back yet. he was a very handy player for the dogs last year...

Also just throwing it up, i know its a long way off but who will be up for rep selection for this year in wagga???

Edmunds from holbrook ect...

ok back to the footy thaen. Has bryce scott made a reture for jindera yet?? i heard he injured himself just wondering if hes made it back yet. he was a very handy player for the dogs last year...

Also just throwing it up, i know its a long way off but who will be up for rep selection for this year in wagga???

S.Gilson ( Culcairn ) A.Wilson ( Henty )
C. Gilson ( Rand/Walb ) T. Hickey ( Holbrook )
B. Barber ( Culcairn )
C. Brown ( Culcairn )
L. Donnan ( Culcairn )
A. Gooden ( Osborne )
A. Armstrong ( Osborne )
T. Haddrill ( Osborne )
N. McPherson ( Lockhart )
M. Edmunds ( Holbrook )
H. Lanyon ( Holbrook )
A. Lezius ( Jindera )
B. Preston ( Jindera )
B. Ryan ( Jindera )
T. Castles ( Jindera )
M. Hilton ( Jindera )
B. Pearce ( Lockhart )
L. Kolhagen ( Walla )
N. Whiterod ( Walla )
B. Nicholson ( Howlong )
S. Murphy ( Howlong )
J. Duff ( Howlong )

Not sure on any of the new teams can anyone help out

bryce scott has returned had minor knee surgery in pre season and is just getting some fitness should be back to his best in the coming weeks. Is a very good player when going

Richo, I was thinking exactly the same thing about Damo tonight! Damo is sort of like a junior Roughy! His last few posts are a bit amateur though, compared to the polished professionalism of the rough one. I'll try to back off but it is hard when he comes up with stuff like today's posts. I'm starting to feel like the Year 10 kid picking on the Year 7 kid for his lunch money! Speaking of Roughy, I'll pop over to the Tallangatta thread to see what he's been up to or whether he needs a rev up.

Seriously Damo, keep em coming. Just don't leave your chin sitting up and out, and so exposed like that!:D
It seems that roughy has gone quiet after he had a little slip. There was the usual banter betwee roughy and gurnerd fanning, u know the usual sexuality accusations and incest accusations, and it semms that gurnerd replied to a message from roughy and signed off as roughy. Busted, he`d been blueing with himself. Half the board was rapt, me , well i`ve hardly visited the site since. Good to see u invited him over.

It seems that roughy has gone quiet after he had a little slip. There was the usual banter betwee roughy and gurnerd fanning, u know the usual sexuality accusations and incest accusations, and it semms that gurnerd replied to a message from roughy and signed off as roughy. Busted, he`d been blueing with himself. Half the board was rapt, me , well i`ve hardly visited the site since. Good to see u invited him over.

Yeah there appears to be a new poster now getting angry called 2leftfeet (I think). Would not be surprised if this was Shrek... I mean Roughy using a different name.

Is it true that the Crows changed the rules so they can play 3 15 year old kids in the under 14s, now they are flogging every one in the under 14s, but to piss week too get a 17s team up and running.

Juddy, i went out watched the CDHBU game and got out there early and saw the 4ths play was a good game some quality players from both teams. And to your 15 year old kids... i think they had 1 who was 1 day or something to old. if with them not fielding a 17's is not good for country footy but i think neally all there 9 players are playing 2nds and 1st anyway so they have probaly benafited from not having 17's... and that is making the fourth having to step up and play two games every week

Juddy, i went out watched the CDHBU game and got out there early and saw the 4ths play was a good game some quality players from both teams. And to your 15 year old kids... i think they had 1 who was 1 day or something to old. if with them not fielding a 17's is not good for country footy but i think neally all there 9 players are playing 2nds and 1st anyway so they have probaly benafited from not having 17's... and that is making the fourth having to step up and play two games every week

So the 15 year old kids are playing 14s.. and the 16s are playing seniors.. what a joke..

im just saying that its impossible to have a 17,s at the crows alrite.............they seriously dont have the numbers and the boys that are eligible to play dont wanto play footy its as simple as that.........and why would you all cry if we dont have a 17's,,,,that obviously means that your clubs going to win everyweek doesnt it so cut the crows juniors some slack they are only kids we dont need to be in a massive debate session over juniors......we should be talking about the two senior sides because no one really notices who win junior grand finals they always remember the senior ones.........

Good thing the other local battling country clubs don't have that pi55weak, defeatist attitude isn't it?Otherwise we'd have a lot less clubs. Billabong Crows equals sh!t culture and club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back