Hume FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Osborne are specials in my book.

Lost no one and picked up a couple good ones...Leigh Schneider is one I think...

Osborne v Howlong in gf

Arceri,
you seem pretty confident about that GF, i would have thought that there could be a GF between Howlong & Walla, where the respective salary caps can compete, as i'm led to believe that they are the biggest in the league....

Osborne v Howlong for mine. 10 goals better than the pack last year.

Might be 10 goals better than last year, but from what i hear a bit this hot rod or whatever for walla, he'll improve them by 10 goals minimum, plus, he don't get out of bed for anything less than 600 per game. Add that to teh rest of the crew out there, & Walla may have borrowed Howlongs money making machine...

sounds good, might add some interest to the comp.

Henty is also topping up big-time in search of a grand final berth.

Might be 10 goals better than last year, but from what i hear a bit this hot rod or whatever for walla, he'll improve them by 10 goals minimum, plus, he don't get out of bed for anything less than 600 per game. Add that to teh rest of the crew out there, & Walla may have borrowed Howlongs money making machine...

Don't think Walla have the capacity to go anywhere near Howlong's $90K. I know for a fact that an O&M club offered Whiterod $400 and he told them he was going to Walla for less, as he couldn't commit the time to O&M

Don't think Walla have the capacity to go anywhere near Howlong's $90K. I know for a fact that an O&M club offered Whiterod $400 and he told them he was going to Walla for less, as he couldn't commit the time to O&M

Whilst this is only what I was told, I was talking to a TDFL club rep who offered a deal to Whiterod early in the piece and the first thing he asked for was $500 a game which they reniged on, which conflicts your OM fact, this was then trumped by 2 HFL clubs, the first offering I believe $600 which was trumped again by the eventual winner. Again only what I have been told but there is big $$$ getting around out that way so I wouldn't be surprised. The TDFL part was on the money though.

Seems as though where there is smoke there is fire, so id say that the money machine has now got hold of the Hoppers, after the Spiders nearly burnt it to pieces last year. Seems to make a mockery of the "points system". Has there been anything official announced for HotRod, haven't seen anything in the online Border Mail i access, as i can't get a copy of full paper, not being local.

Seems as though where there is smoke there is fire, so id say that the money machine has now got hold of the Hoppers, after the Spiders nearly burnt it to pieces last year. Seems to make a mockery of the "points system". Has there been anything official announced for HotRod, haven't seen anything in the online Border Mail i access, as i can't get a copy of full paper, not being local.

No mention in the Border Mail, maybe because of Plough Kohlhagens link to the Hoppers:rolleyes:

If he is as good a footballer as big Coutta then Walla have a fair player on their hands. I heard Albury were the first in the gun for Whiterod and keen to secure him so if an OM club was keen for his services then you'd imagine their would be a few CHB in HFL with worries on their plate. Is that true regarding Cul only getting 8 to training, obviously the happy clapping routines of the new coach isn't sitting well with the culture with the Cul boys. Wait until he puts in his drinking bans then he might lose those 8 as well (re Rivcoll).:rolleyes:

I heard Walla were the first to hear about the whiterod gun. Word is that Jacka used his Balranald connection before he found out about his wife's job.

No mention in the Border Mail, maybe because of Plough Kohlhagens link to the Hoppers:rolleyes:
Give it a few days,usually the super snoops are a week or so behind whats posted on here,this might however be their record;a month behind.Speaking of Walla they have signed Clint Tolkin who kicked 100 for Federals last year,put a price of $150 a week on his head which is a lot of money coming from a very ordinary league.Does anyone know the story with him,kicked 100 for the underdogs in the premiership race,did a hammy in the last week of home and away and apparentely passed all the fitness tests grand final week,but wasnt picked.Surely if you were an underdog you would take a punt on a 100 goalkicker-...so there must be something more to this story...:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also heard over the weekend jindera have signed Cal McClays brother think his name is Wes.Went to Leeton but a job never eventuated,so potentially a good pick up for the Dogs if he is anything like Callum.

Anyone got any news coming out of Holbrook. From what I hear they really haven't improved and by the sounds of it Manny doing it a bit tough recruiting wise. Losing big Coutta will be a massive blow as not many champs like him running around in the bush even at age 37. A few of their 2004 premiership players have been mentioned notably Duryea. He has been at training but said is only there to do the running, I think he's pretty happy at the Star Thursday nights on a different track to the one at Holbrook. Tommy Hickey and Marcus Shaw likely to stay at Lavi but still Tommy will keep the Brookers strung along. Also Trav Aylmore has been on the rumour mill coming out of retirement but his new job interest with the law and his small family will put paid to that. Would love to see the Brookers climb back up the ladder but I'm thinking it could be another tough year. Danny Whitley has also been mentioned and at age 28 still has a bit in the tank. The Brookers would love to have him back as he was a favourite son but he is going overseas for 4 months in April, thinking he will play next year.... somewhere;) .

Anyone got any news coming out of Holbrook. From what I hear they really haven't improved and by the sounds of it Manny doing it a bit tough recruiting wise. Losing big Coutta will be a massive blow as not many champs like him running around in the bush even at age 37. A few of their 2004 premiership players have been mentioned notably Duryea. He has been at training but said is only there to do the running, I think he's pretty happy at the Star Thursday nights on a different track to the one at Holbrook. Tommy Hickey and Marcus Shaw likely to stay at Lavi but still Tommy will keep the Brookers strung along. Also Trav Aylmore has been on the rumour mill coming out of retirement but his new job interest with the law and his small family will put paid to that. Would love to see the Brookers climb back up the ladder but I'm thinking it could be another tough year. Danny Whitley has also been mentioned and at age 28 still has a bit in the tank. The Brookers would love to have him back as he was a favourite son but he is going overseas for 4 months in April, thinking he will play next year.... somewhere;) .

Sounds like you have all the news coming out of Holbrook Big Al!

Would be hard to recruit locals out there as it would be a long way for them to travel.Who has been poached from there AD?Would mainly be younger kids wouldnt it?

Now we have ourselves that mighty freeway you wouldn't consider it a lengthy journey would you STP?You'd have to consider young Duff from Holbrook as a local wouldn't you? Liam Clayton to Yack?
Not to mention Semmler (grew up in the area) or even Moore (married to a local lass I'm led to believe).
Wouldn't it be fair to say Fairall and Walsh grew up in that area also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back