Hume FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a little note the corren or cdhbu which ever it maybe.HOW ABOUT YOU GET SOME ROAD SIGNS SO WE CAN FIND YOUR GROUND AND NOT KEEP DRIVING TO BUMF..KIDAHO!!!!! its harder enough finding colli and some of these other ground/towns.but a good thing was the sanga's from canteen best around the league so far!!!

have heard but with henty and culcairn instead of colli.. may be all talk.. have to wait and see.. dont understand what would be done with the juniors though
Couldn't see Culcairn and Henty wanting to move as they rely on recruiting players from Albury/Wodonga. Osborne and Lockhart would make more sense as they recruit more from the Wagga area. Surely with only 6 clubs the Farrar F.L. would be happy to change their juniors to accomodate new sides into the comp.:thumbsu:

Couldn't see Culcairn and Henty wanting to move as they rely on recruiting players from Albury/Wodonga. Osborne and Lockhart would make more sense as they recruit more from the Wagga area. Surely with only 6 clubs the Farrar F.L. would be happy to change their juniors to accomodate new sides into the comp.:thumbsu:

Lockhart and Osborne have a surprisingly small wagga contribution.. the farrer league was meant to change their juniors this year but nobody could be bothered to do anything about it.. the same will happen again next year

just a little note the corren or cdhbu which ever it maybe.HOW ABOUT YOU GET SOME ROAD SIGNS SO WE CAN FIND YOUR GROUND AND NOT KEEP DRIVING TO BUMF..KIDAHO!!!!! its harder enough finding colli and some of these other ground/towns.but a good thing was the sanga's from canteen best around the league so far!!!

Glad to hear you liked the sangas!
How'd you miss the ground?, it's on the main (only) road in the town.
Where'd you end up for interest's sake?

Glad to hear you liked the sangas!
How'd you miss the ground?, it's on the main (only) road in the town.
Where'd you end up for interest's sake?

we just made it but a few players failed to turn up then later messaged the coach.saying got lost and ended up in mulwala.we found that so funny.i'm just saying a few more road signs.ie: on the corowa/howlong road would come in handy.well done to your seniors for their win.the 2's game was a good close game with the saints forging there way to the top 6!!!!!!!

we just made it but a few players failed to turn up then later messaged the coach.saying got lost and ended up in mulwala.we found that so funny.i'm just saying a few more road signs.ie: on the corowa/howlong road would come in handy.well done to your seniors for their win.the 2's game was a good close game with the saints forging there way to the top 6!!!!!!!
Got told by a mate that one guy ended up in Finley:D I bet the coach was rapted, maybe their club should look at better signage. Even better reform the Coreen league so Hume league clubs don't have to travel there:D:D:D

Got told by a mate that one guy ended up in Finley:D I bet the coach was rapted, maybe their club should look at better signage. Even better reform the Coreen league so Hume league clubs don't have to travel there:D:D:D

Hope the boy who ended up in Finley can play footy because it appears he has sh!t for brains.

I wasn't aware of a club's responsibility re signage. I've been able to locate the grounds at (for example) Henty, Cul, Holbrook, Burrum and even Osborne! Drive through some of those places for the first time and you'll find that signs aren't to be seen and in some cases you've got to have a good look around. I didn't know clubs had to make special signs. Are some of you to the east a bit thick or what?

Would love to reform the CDFL but thanks to a few judas' in that comp in won't happen. And that would deny us the opportunity to play at sh!tholes like the ground and facilities you serve up at Burrum eh?:D

Lockhart and Osborne have a surprisingly small wagga contribution.. the farrer league was meant to change their juniors this year but nobody could be bothered to do anything about it.. the same will happen again next year
Thats why they both do pre season in Wagga?. Biggest problem with Farrer juniors is that TRYC and Gullie juniors are affiliated with Wagga and district and Temora and Jets are Affiliated with South west so when you have a way to get them to agree to something that is acceptable to everyone let AFL/NSW know I am sure they would love to hear it.

Biggest problem with Farrer juniors is that TRYC and Gullie juniors are affiliated with Wagga and district and Temora and Jets are Affiliated with South west so when you have a way to get them to agree to something that is acceptable to everyone let AFL/NSW know I am sure they would love to hear it.

Yes but if these clubs are going to move over they are going to want all grades to play on the same day, wouldn't we all?

Can anyone explain how the final 6 format will work this year?

Unless someone corrects me, it will be the same as the old AFL top six as described below.

If it is the McIntyre (normal) Top 6, then it will run as follows:

WEEK 1

Qualifying Final
1st v 2nd
1st Elimination Final
3rd v 6th
2nd Elimination Final
4th v 5th

WEEK 2

Second Semi Final
Winner Qualifying Final v Highest Ranked Elimination Final Winner
First Semi Final
Loser Qualifying Final v Lowest Ranked Elimination Final Winner

WEEK 3

Preliminary Final
Loser Second Semi Final v Winner First Semi Final

WEEK 4

Grand Final
Winner Second Semi Final v Winner Preliminary Final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And for another talking point.....

HUME LEAGUE TOP 10 PLAYERS
After Round 13
SENIORS
Jarrod Hanrahan (CDHBU) 66
Nathan McPherson (Lockhart) 64
Ben Nicholson (Howlong) 63
Andrew McGown (Coleambally) 61
Luke Kohlhagen (Walla) 60
Tom Hickey (Holbrook) 56
Manny Edmunds (Holbrook) 54
Adam Gooden (Osborne) 51
Mark Hilton (Jindera) 50
Clint Brown (Culcairn) 48

RESERVES
Ian Bock (CDHBU) 64
Michael Gleeson (Osborne) 52
B O’Mara (Osborne) 48
Mark Boyle (Howlong) 48
Trent Boers (Holbrook) 47
C Schultz (Culcairn) 44
J Cuttle (Osborne) 41
Matt Drab (Murray Magpies) 40
Lachlan McInnes (Howlong) 40
N Pugh (Holbrook) 40
J Walmsley (Culcairn) 40

THIRDS
Daniel Hore (Henty) 87
Kylin Morey (Murray Magpies) 60
Tom Fuller (Coleambally) 56
M McLennan (Holbrook) 55
Ben Klemke (Henty) 54
S Taylor (Holbrook) 54
James Oester (Walla) 46
Matt Ross (CDHBU) 45
Bede Wolfenden (Rand-Walbundrie) 44
Daniel Kipping (CDHBU) 42
C Rochow (Murray Magpies) 42

FOURTHS
Kane Barbour (CDHBU) 95
Nathan Wishart (Culcairn) 81
Adam Lord (Howlong) 77
Hayden Dalitz (Billabong Crows) 72
Hayden Filliponi (CDHBU) 67
Hamish Clark (Howlong) 64
Hayden Singe (Henty) 57
Lachlan Casey (Holbrook) 54
B Briggs (Murray Magpies) 52
Ben Godde (Culcairn) 52
Angus Locke (Holbrook) 52

Unless someone corrects me, it will be the same as the old AFL top six as described below.

HII.I would have thought 1 & 2 would of had the first weekend off during the finals.I have also attached a different McIntyre system (Off the net) to yours , but I am not sure what weekends they play

First EF: 5th vs. 6th, loser eliminated, winner advances to semi-final
Second EF: 3rd vs. 4th, loser eliminated, winner advances to semi-final
QF: 1st vs. 2nd, with result determining which team played in which semi-final
1st SF: QF winner vs. winner of 1st EF, loser eliminated
2nd SF: QF loser vs. 2nd EF winner, winner advances to GF, loser to PF
PF: winner to Grand Final, loser eliminated

HII.I would have thought 1 & 2 would of had the first weekend off during the finals.I have also attached a different McIntyre system (Off the net) to yours , but I am not sure what weekends they play

Whay is it a top 6 instead of a top 8 anyway?

So this system has the loser of 1v2 playing for a spot in the grand final against the winner of 3v4 while the winner of 1v2 plays the winner of 5v6 for a spot in the preliminary? :confused::confused:

The one I put up is what the AFL used when they had a six, I don't know for sure if it is right, but I'm assuming it is.

Top 8 would have been great because it rewards the top four with a double chance, whereas with a six the No.5 can find themselves straight into a second semi while No.3 drops out in week one.

EDIT: Having now read Charlie Whiteley's column, if he's right, the finals system is slightly different to the old AFL one, providing an even bigger advantage to the top two. Interesting.......

A recommendation (by a consultant) will be made shortly to Sth NSW-AFL that the Hume League with some additional teams be split into 2 divisions. The power clubs / bigger towns in one comp (Osborne, Lockhart, Holbrook, Henty, Culcairn, Jindera, Thurgoona, Howlong, The Rock), and smaller clubs into the other (BB, Walla, Rand W, Billabong, Rennie, Berrigan, Jerilderie, Finley). Not too sure which of the two comps Coly, CDHBU, Magpies were to go in. Hay was also mentioned. A lot of merit in it, but I just can't see it panning out that way. Opinions anyone?

A recommendation (by a consultant) will be made shortly to Sth NSW-AFL that the Hume League with some additional teams be split into 2 divisions. The power clubs / bigger towns in one comp (Osborne, Lockhart, Holbrook, Henty, Culcairn, Jindera, Thurgoona, Howlong, The Rock), and smaller clubs into the other (BB, Walla, Rand W, Billabong, Rennie, Berrigan, Jerilderie, Finley). Not too sure which of the two comps Coly, CDHBU, Magpies were to go in. Hay was also mentioned. A lot of merit in it, but I just can't see it panning out that way. Opinions anyone?
Into the O and M on the back of playing there home games at LPO and on the back of the inspirational jaffa flaps himself FRANZEEEEEEEEEE:D

Sounds like a good shape of an idea.. but how do you know all this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back