Hume FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a true rumour he played for mulwala on permit , we had a meeting and thought why not he is professional enough to no whats right and wrong as for the money there is no problem there

Hey Damo 05 - you're full of sh#t.

How can Sanderson be fair dinkum (or professional) by playing for another club? 4 rounds in and he's already fed up with the sh#t culture out at the banjo villages.

And while I'm into the crows (as everyone knows I don't like them), how ordinary are they (after wanting to go to the Hume League) when they can't field a 3rds side because they claim to only have 6 players. Nearby clubs just a few years ago had about the same number but put 3rds sides on the paddock every week with the 4ths (some only 10 years old) backing up. Guess that shows the class of the crows.

Jason Sanderson is the Assistant coach of the crows and he is lapping it up out here mate.............if hes on a permit to play when we have a bye thats fine with the crows as long as he didnt play when the crows had a game.........as for the juniors comment mate....i mean cumon.......half of the kids in urana and oaklands go to boarding school mate they cant be everywhere at once....and plus there only kids cut them some slack.....

Im a howlong boy who has played there in the juniors but now am at north albury and it is really sad to see that they can bearly field a seconds side on the weekend, none of the players in 2nds evenm show up to train. this is mainly due to that no one wants to play for the club because the highest paid players r blokes who couldnt get a game in o&m seconds and no matter how well they play they r seured so they can get there moneys worth. everyone i know who has gone back to the club has said how they treated them like sh#t cause they abused the fact they were a local. It is very easy for them to get players from albury but just as easy to loose them and they have lost alot of quality players. Maybe instead of paying a player 500 a game they could use that cash to pay seconds players to cover petrol costs, because at this rate they wont hav a 2nds side this year. Pretty poor effort from a side who have prided themselves on making finals for the last 10 years.

Im a howlong boy who has played there in the juniors but now am at north albury and it is really sad to see that they can bearly field a seconds side on the weekend, none of the players in 2nds evenm show up to train. this is mainly due to that no one wants to play for the club because the highest paid players r blokes who couldnt get a game in o&m seconds and no matter how well they play they r seured so they can get there moneys worth. everyone i know who has gone back to the club has said how they treated them like sh#t cause they abused the fact they were a local. It is very easy for them to get players from albury but just as easy to loose them and they have lost alot of quality players. Maybe instead of paying a player 500 a game they could use that cash to pay seconds players to cover petrol costs, because at this rate they wont hav a 2nds side this year. Pretty poor effort from a side who have prided themselves on making finals for the last 10 years.

I would have to agree with you, some of the local blokes that have played out there for years and have given them good service and continue to do so would be on a quarter of what some of the in town recruits take home. I suppose the ones that are still there should be commended for putting up with it. I think some of the so called higher profile recruits they got this year aren't quite as good as their payments might suggest. Good to hear what a local lad has to say on the matter!!!

Jason Sanderson is the Assistant coach of the crows and he is lapping it up out here mate.............if hes on a permit to play when we have a bye thats fine with the crows as long as he didnt play when the crows had a game.........as for the juniors comment mate....i mean cumon.......half of the kids in urana and oaklands go to boarding school mate they cant be everywhere at once....and plus there only kids cut them some slack.....

Damo - the weekend's answer below, and your reply a few days later.

"Nah mate that sounds like a good rumour but very untrue.The crows have both Jason and Scott all signed up for this year"

Yes, you are full of sh#t.

And your club is as weak as p#ss if it can't put a 3rds team on the paddock, particularly after it casued such a fuss to go to the Hume League. As I said on the weekend, other clubs with stuff all kids still put a 3rds team (full of 4ths) on the park each weekend. Some of those clubs have less people and $ to draw on then your mob. Fortunately, those clubs have people with a fair bit more go in them. Coly, Rennie, CDHBU were/are three clubs who also lose plenty of kids to boarding school, but they still aim up each week with little kids who copped a flogging. At least they had/have a go. Clubs like yours who throw heaps of $ about for the seniors yet can't put a decent effort into fielding junior sides are stuffing country footy.

Damo - the weekend's answer below, and your reply a few days later.

"Nah mate that sounds like a good rumour but very untrue.The crows have both Jason and Scott all signed up for this year"

Yes, you are full of sh#t.

And your club is as weak as p#ss if it can't put a 3rds team on the paddock, particularly after it casued such a fuss to go to the Hume League. As I said on the weekend, other clubs with stuff all kids still put a 3rds team (full of 4ths) on the park each weekend. Some of those clubs have less people and $ to draw on then your mob. Fortunately, those clubs have people with a fair bit more go in them. Coly, Rennie, CDHBU were/are three clubs who also lose plenty of kids to boarding school, but they still aim up each week with little kids who copped a flogging. At least they had/have a go. Clubs like yours who throw heaps of $ about for the seniors yet can't put a decent effort into fielding junior sides are stuffing country footy.

think your been a bit harsh hand grenade, whats the use of putting under 14's up to play under 17's . if its 3 or 4 then thats alright but to make nearly a whole team out of them seems a bit extreme, also know that walla has good junior numbers when st pauls collage has the borders there, but come holidays when they go home, find it extremely hard to find number

I am a formal local as well, and i could not disagree more with what has been said above.
Firstly, the comment on paid players not being able to make the O&M seconds - what a croc of shit. Have a look at Ben Nicholson and Steve Murphy. Both great players whom have played at O&M senior level or equivilent. Same goes for the coach. Previous years they have had players like Anthony Ross, Shaun Miles, Adam Hansen, Rod Winner and heaps more. Perhaps, this year the crop is not quite so good but they do not pay money to nuff nuffs.
Secondly, look at the quality locals playing in the side now and in our last two flags. The 2002 flag had approx 16 or 17 locals in the side. This year there are heaps of locals also. The Captain Jason Kohn, Brent Weule, Aaron Hoskin, Bill Longley, Kane Westlow, Steve Murphy, Chris & Andrew VanZanten, Troy Cooper, Toby Pargeter, Ricky Lyons. There are plenty of very good locals who get paid well.
Thirdly, unfortunately paying seconds players for fuel would not be a viable option. Once clubs have to start paying seconds players they might as well close the doors. Country footy can not afford to do this as the precident it would set would be very damaging.
The locals that head to Albury to play a better grade of footy, good on them, thats what footy is all about - playing the best standard of footbal available.(Jay Koehler & Corey Kimber as examples) The young locals that go to Albury to play because that believe they are not being treated well enough should raise the point to someone on the commitee. If you are going because you think you should be getting a senior game when you are not, show your committment by getting to training and playing every seconds game well and not turning up full as a fat lady's sock.

I am a formal local as well, and i could not disagree more with what has been said above.
Firstly, the comment on paid players not being able to make the O&M seconds - what a croc of shit. Have a look at Ben Nicholson and Steve Murphy. Both great players whom have played at O&M senior level or equivilent. Same goes for the coach. Previous years they have had players like Anthony Ross, Shaun Miles, Adam Hansen, Rod Winner and heaps more. Perhaps, this year the crop is not quite so good but they do not pay money to nuff nuffs.
Secondly, look at the quality locals playing in the side now and in our last two flags. The 2002 flag had approx 16 or 17 locals in the side. This year there are heaps of locals also. The Captain Jason Kohn, Brent Weule, Aaron Hoskin, Bill Longley, Kane Westlow, Steve Murphy, Chris & Andrew VanZanten, Troy Cooper, Toby Pargeter, Ricky Lyons. There are plenty of very good locals who get paid well.
Thirdly, unfortunately paying seconds players for fuel would not be a viable option. Once clubs have to start paying seconds players they might as well close the doors. Country footy can not afford to do this as the precident it would set would be very damaging.
The locals that head to Albury to play a better grade of footy, good on them, thats what footy is all about - playing the best standard of footbal available.(Jay Koehler & Corey Kimber as examples) The young locals that go to Albury to play because that believe they are not being treated well enough should raise the point to someone on the commitee. If you are going because you think you should be getting a senior game when you are not, show your committment by getting to training and playing every seconds game well and not turning up full as a fat lady's sock.

Agree with OTP many locals have stayed at Howlong probably for minimal money which is why they have been successful. These days younger players want everything without working hard. Petrol money for reserves may be possible if they car pool, but these are ideas best discussed with committees not by cracking the sh.ts and bad mouthing the club.

Most players leave and then whinge but if they discussed their problems I bet the club would look at some ideas to help out. Committees are volunteers and dont exist just to p.ss people off they spend many hours of their own time to provide us with facilities to play football.

Hey Damo 05 - you're full of sh#t.

How can Sanderson be fair dinkum (or professional) by playing for another club? 4 rounds in and he's already fed up with the sh#t culture out at the banjo villages.

And while I'm into the crows (as everyone knows I don't like them), how ordinary are they (after wanting to go to the Hume League) when they can't field a 3rds side because they claim to only have 6 players. Nearby clubs just a few years ago had about the same number but put 3rds sides on the paddock every week with the 4ths (some only 10 years old) backing up. Guess that shows the class of the crows.

what do you know about the culture out at billabong crows? i think you know jack sh*t about. and banjo village, what kind of insult is that?

as for your 3rds comment, i wont even go there just because you have no idea about the billabong crows football club and you just claim you do so you go around saying we have a "sh#t culture out at the banjo villages"

think your been a bit harsh hand grenade, whats the use of putting under 14's up to play under 17's . if its 3 or 4 then thats alright but to make nearly a whole team out of them seems a bit extreme, also know that walla has good junior numbers when st pauls collage has the borders there, but come holidays when they go home, find it extremely hard to find number

Hand Grenade is being harsh as by his own admission (and as per several previous posts) he is a Billabong Crows hater. I will say though that by not fielding a 3rds team against Rennie in the 2nd round it had the following effect: Less people through the gate at Rennie meaning less $ in gate, canteen and bar takings. That also meant that the Rennie 3rds and their families did not show up on the day. Furthermore, Rennie had a number of borderline Mulwala 3rds players lined up to play on permit as Mul had the bye. If the game had of gone ahead some of these kids might have ended up staying with Rennie for the season. An opportunity lost.

And Rennie has been one of those teams who only 2 or 3 years ago had to put a lot of 4ths up into the 3rds for a game. What that meant was that (even though they generally copped a flogging) the few legitimately aged 3rds kids around Rennie still got a game. And those kids are still at the club now playing 1sts and 2nds. It sure as hell improved the footy of those 4ths kids who ended up winning the 1st ever Coreen League 4ths flag. AND, it gave the opposition 3rds a game. Many of those other teams (such as Jerilderie) were good enough to lend a few of their better kids to make sure there was a contest. Everyone was a winner.

So while I sympathise with Billabong's plight I do question how much of a go they are having in relation to the 3rds. The 5 or 6 kids that they do have - where are they? Are they having a kick or are they lost to footy? They have 5 or 6 excellent 4ths players who can step up no worries. I think Billabong are setting a dangerous precedent for themselves. Clearly they are throwing a fair bit of $ into their 1sts, but their future can't be too bright if they aren't taking care of their junior structure.

And Rennie has been one of those teams who only 2 or 3 years ago had to put a lot of 4ths up into the 3rds for a game. What that meant was that (even though they generally copped a flogging) the few legitimately aged 3rds kids around Rennie still got a game. And those kids are still at the club now playing 1sts and 2nds. It sure as hell improved the footy of those 4ths kids who ended up winning the 1st ever Coreen League 4ths flag. AND, it gave the opposition 3rds a game. Many of those other teams (such as Jerilderie) were good enough to lend a few of their better kids to make sure there was a contest. Everyone was a winner.

Too true here. Its not the clubs fault for struggling to field junior teams, something may have been amiss in previous years i cant really have a say in this as i dont know the club.
But surely the opposition can lend a few players for the day to make a game of it for the kids or else everyone misses out. This should be also done in the lobsided games, i mean how fun is it for the kids to be beaten by 20 goals each game? no one gets any enjoyment out of it. our juniors used to do it and it was great to play against each other rather than win by 20 goals.
i think its the coaches and parents fault who like to boost egos by winning by ludicrous margins, i mean get over yourselves you r coaching kids footy.
Damo none wants to hear the bagging, keep it to yourself, its not a hate page.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry Richoss for the banjo village sh*t culture comments. I stand corrected, and in the future I will consider Oaklands and Urana in the same light as Paris, Milan and Monte Carlo.

Doobie R put it nicely how the crows (by not fielding a 3rds) effect other clubs. Your club IS pi55weak on this issue. You have a decent 4ths team so you (the kids and especially some of their feral parents on the sidelines) play for sheepstations, yet because you can't be competitive in the 3rds you won't even have a go at fielding a team. Your club has no honour if it pulls a team out of the comp cause they will strugge to win. That's why all the other clubs (who make the effort to field even an uncompetitive team) are so superior to yours in culture.:p

I would have to agree with you, some of the local blokes that have played out there for years and have given them good service and continue to do so would be on a quarter of what some of the in town recruits take home. I suppose the ones that are still there should be commended for putting up with it. I think some of the so called higher profile recruits they got this year aren't quite as good as their payments might suggest. Good to hear what a local lad has to say on the matter!!!

For how good Lockhart have been over the first few weeks, they only have two players in their 1st grade team who have not played for them before, with a big majority coming through their juniors. Very good effort that is I think, shows its a good town to be playing footy for.

As for the crows i dont think its good think that they dont have 3rds, but you can only do what you can with the numbers you have. They just need to keep their 14s around the club so maybe next year they can field a side.

What a load of dribble,cant believe what you have posted.
I also have played at Howlong and u couldnt be more wrong about the club.
I agree with u on one thing tho and that is the club is struggling for numbers in the two,s so what u need to remember is seconds footy is seconds footy wether its o &m seconds or hume league seconds.
Im sure if you were any good and the club offered you 500 dollars a game you would gladly take it and then give each seconds player that drives thier car to away games petrol money out of it.NOT
Oh and the club has missed finals in 1 year out of the last 10 so thats just another fact you got wrong.

P.S I know who you are Hawky

What a load of dribble,cant believe what you have posted.
I also have played at Howlong and u couldnt be more wrong about the club.
I agree with u on one thing tho and that is the club is struggling for numbers in the two,s so what u need to remember is seconds footy is seconds footy wether its o &m seconds or hume league seconds.
Im sure if you were any good and the club offered you 500 dollars a game you would gladly take it and then give each seconds player that drives thier car to away games petrol money out of it.NOT
Oh and the club has missed finals in 1 year out of the last 10 so thats just another fact you got wrong.

P.S I know who you are Hawky
look just telling u the truth, dont know who u r but obviously dont get my point. Nicho and murph r great players and culd play in any o&m side, i apologize cause i didnt mean they were the over paid players. but it is ur attitude in thinking that howlong players r gonna come crawling back. im not a good player but if the club had of shown loyalty to me then they wuld get it back, and i wanted to feel that i had every oppurtunity to get my place in that side. look y osbourne hav been so good, they had a strong side in all grades. its not only my personal opinion its the reason u guys lost richard leahy as well. I know other young players who r considering leaving and i wont be recommending they stay. bossy has a tough job in trying to convince these kids they r gonna b looked at seriously. if u knew the answer y they arnt showin up tell me, and dont use the excuse that holbrook is too far away and petrol cost to much.

o i didnt mean nicho and murph culdnt play o&m, i apologize for saying that, the local guys werent the issue, im talkin about others that i dont want to name publically. nicho, hibbo and murph r great players, barnesy is another that culd do well in there. im more concerned about keepin players at howlong, and explaining from people outside the inner circle of the club. not just my opinion cause ive talked to these guys. i dont want to see 8 players showin up to play seconds at my club, i wanna see 21 players striving to play seniors and getting to training wuld do no use cause senior players were the only ones who were showing up wen i was there. take it or leave it if u r involved with howlong. the attitude at the moment is build a seniors team not a club and noticin the difference in proffesionalism in o&m and hume league is huge. the last thing i wanna see is them not being able to field a seconds team cause i do love howlong and i like others was lookin at wats best for enjoying my footy.

what do you know about the culture out at billabong crows? i think you know jack sh*t about. and banjo village, what kind of insult is that?

as for your 3rds comment, i wont even go there just because you have no idea about the billabong crows football club and you just claim you do so you go around saying we have a "sh#t culture out at the banjo villages"
Is it true that the Crows changed the rules so they can play 3 15 year old kids in the under 14s, now they are flogging every one in the under 14s, but to piss week too get a 17s team up and running.

Is it true that the Crows changed the rules so they can play 3 15 year old kids in the under 14s, now they are flogging every one in the under 14s, but to piss week too get a 17s team up and running.

I am aware that clubs can play a few over aged kids on the following provisos: that the opposing coach and umpires are informed, and it must be noted on the teamsheets for the day. If the over aged kids are too good than the opposing coach &/or umpire can have them dragged immediately. To my knowledge, the crows have not been advising of any over aged players in the 14's. To add to this I recall the crows last year (during the finals) making allegations that Rennie were playing overaged and unregistered kids. This was investigated and shown to be untrue. You can now rest assured that I will now be following this up. If this is true then I (along with many other club people) will be furious. We're already pissed off about them not aiming up with a 3rds team but if the above is true than the matter will be going to the league. Perhaps hand grenade is not so harsh after all.

I am aware that clubs can play a few over aged kids on the following provisos: that the opposing coach and umpires are informed, and it must be noted on the teamsheets for the day. If the over aged kids are too good than the opposing coach &/or umpire can have them dragged immediately. To my knowledge, the crows have not been advising of any over aged players in the 14's. To add to this I recall the crows last year (during the finals) making allegations that Rennie were playing overaged and unregistered kids. This was investigated and shown to be untrue. You can now rest assured that I will now be following this up. If this is true then I (along with many other club people) will be furious. We're already pissed off about them not aiming up with a 3rds team but if the above is true than the matter will be going to the league. Perhaps hand grenade is not so harsh after all.
Where do all the kids from the 4ths go to once they they are too old? Oaklands never seemed to have 3rds and the Crows don`t have them this year?They always seem capable of feilding more than competitive 4ths

Just to correct you, I dont think Benny Nicholson has ever played at O&M Senior level and was only out at Brock for a few years before crossing to Howlong.
My main concern is that blokes that were playing 2's in town and think they will dominate out in the hume may be getting lured out with payments which may exaggerate their ability. Granted though, if they are offered these amounts then they are mad not to accept them. I totally agree with young blokes needing to step up and be counted before being selectd for a senior game, instead of sulking off somewhere else. It is very disappointing that the Siders cant field a reserves team at present just wondering if there is any inner turmoil that is behind it all.

Just to correct you, I dont think Benny Nicholson has ever played at O&M Senior level and was only out at Brock for a few years before crossing to Howlong.
My main concern is that blokes that were playing 2's in town and think they will dominate out in the hume may be getting lured out with payments which may exaggerate their ability. Granted though, if they are offered these amounts then they are mad not to accept them. I totally agree with young blokes needing to step up and be counted before being selectd for a senior game, instead of sulking off somewhere else. It is very disappointing that the Siders cant field a reserves team at present just wondering if there is any inner turmoil that is behind it all.

I dont think there would be any inner turmoil. Howlong have struggled for a seconds side for as long as i can remember. The exception being in 2006 when they made the grand final under Dave Davaney. That year that had nearly a full seconds side at training every night which is very rare, but it did show that with commitment you will get good results.

For starters mate Rennie get there kids from Mulwala.....CDHBU get them from corowa and coly is bigger then both oaklands and urana put togetha d...head so think b4 u open ur big mouth..............and i know alot about the Billabong Crows and they have 9 players eligible to play 17,s thats not even half a team u idiot.................

Which means you only need your top 9 from under 14s to double up and there's no problem. And I'm sure there would be no problem from most clubs in lending you three or four to help you out to ensure they get a game.
It's been done for years - if it wasn't for borrowed players Daysdale would never have got thirds going again back in '91.
And it's only round 5 this week, there's still time to change the decision and have a crack - wins are not as important at junior level as getting teams on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back