Hussey retires at end of Australian summer

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A huge loss to the Aussie cricket team. Leaving on his terms however, which a lot of players don't get the chance to do. Will be a big burden to fill for the Ashes next year and will leave us struggling for batting depth big time.

Thanks for the memories Huss.

Clarke is not middle order? But yep, massive loss for the side.
You need 2 players to have security! Even if Clarke stays in his hot form, you've gotta have someone to stick with him... Wade has proven he can't and Maxwell is a massive gamble.

Wow, surprised at that. Credit to him for going out while on top, but it'll be interesting to see where they go from here.

Goodbye Mr Cricket, both you and Ponting have held the Australian side together for the last 5 or so years and without your batting against SA this season we would've lost the series 3 zip.

Shouldn't really come as that big a surprise... he is almost 38. Still, the team won't be quite the same without him.

I remember when he made his debut and thinking that he was way too old to be given a shot. At the time, it seemed like a waste. In the end, he played for 7+ years and made more than 6,000 runs. That's a pretty handy record.

I hope this doesn't screw us in India and the Ashes. Credit to him for going out on top, i'm not optimistic that he can be replaced by any of the batmen around shield cricket right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hussey retires at end of Australian summer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back