Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Dee-molishon just posted this on the Melb board... I think it's a great idea

Just say the order of the draft is:
Melb: Pick 1
WC: Pick 2
Freo: Pick 3

Robbie says he wants to come back to Melbourne...

Melbourne give: Pick 1
Freo give: Pick 3 and Robbie Warncok

This entitles to get your number one choice of Rich or Naita (while WC will take the leftover, not vice versa), while Melbourne will still go with Watts. Thoughts?

So melbourne gets everything out of it and Freo get diddly? We can toss up between who we get anyhow, Hartlett or Rich, we will get at least one. Both are solid.

No no... Melbourne will be giving up their second round pick after the priorities for Warnock, or even, a pick swap 3 for 1 and second round pick 17-19. Warnock is better than pick 19, which is why you would add the 3 for 1 swap. Melbourne lose NOTHING swapping the picks since our teams are going for different things.

Well if he says he wants to come to Melbourne, that is alot better then us just picking him up with our no.1 PSD pick.

At wizard_9, you can still pick Hartlett at no.1 if you want, matter of fact you can pick anyone :)

IMO from watching the games today Rich looked alot better then Hartlett, against harder opposition.

Well if he says he wants to come to Melbourne, that is alot better then us just picking him up with our no.1 PSD pick.

At wizard_9, you can still pick Hartlett at no.1 if you want, matter of fact you can pick anyone :)

IMO from watching the games today Rich looked alot better then Hartlett, against harder opposition.

Not really, in a way I hope he goes the PSD route in this situation because it will free us up to get Cousins. So please, grab him in the PSD.

if he says he wants to go to melbourne specifically then we may be forced to do something, but teams don't give up number one picks (not since we did anyway) and as has been said if he doesn't select a particular club we have the choice of three ripper players, any of the three look likely to become great players.

so more likely that we would want a end of 1st round priority pick giving us another look in the first round.

Well i realise that smart ass.

But look at it this way the draft as i see it with the ladder as it is now:
1. Melb - Naitanui
2. WCE - Rich
3. Fre - Hartlett
4. Port - Watts
5. Ess - Hurley

With the trade you are suggesting:
1. Fre - Rich
2. WCE - Naitanui
3. Melb - Watts
4. Port: Hartlett
5. Ess - Hurley

So effectively we would be loosing Hartlett and Warnock and gaining Rich.
Who says Warnock actually wants to go to Melbourne anyway, i think he will actually stay so its a moot point in my mind. But if he does go their is still 9 other Vic teams fighting for his services. If another teams puts more money on the table then your pov club then theres a fair chance he will go there.

The PSD is in December so both club and player like to have their futures confirmed during trade week in early October to avoid the uncertainty.

Sure if we play hardball the PSD is an option for the Demons but it is in the best interest of Fremantle, Melbourne, and Robbie Warnock to get something sorted during trade week.

Cousins won't go at pick 1 in the PSD whether Warnock is available or not.

Gary Lyon (who doesn't run MFC) is the only melbourne person to say they probably wouldn't be interested in Cousins. Things are going to change in a few months time when he is blowing the VFL apart. Still Melbourne may not grab him due to their rebuild phase, but Cousins will be very highly sought after.

I'd rather warnock go to the PSD so we can send a message to clubs we don't accept shit deals, because if melb offer a pick swap it doesn't do us any good really. Melbourne still get their pick, and we just get to make a choice over Hartlett or Rich, when in essence it's a gamble who will be better out of those two. For any trade to be good both teams should be risking something, in this case melbourne risk nothing because they still get their man.

So effectively we would be loosing Hartlett and Warnock and gaining Rich.
Who says Warnock actually wants to go to Melbourne anyway, i think he will actually stay so its a moot point in my mind. But if he does go their is still 9 other Vic teams fighting for his services. If another teams puts more money on the table then your pov club then theres a fair chance he will go there.
It's not the EPL genius, and arguably Melbourne will have the most salary cap space in the entire competition with alot of our older, higher paid players retiring at the end of the year. There we will be able to offer him the most $$ wise.

As i said in the other thread w_9, you guys screwed us over with Farmer, so i doubt Melbourne will be going out of their way to please you guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes the other point is warnock probably doesn't want to play in a rebuilding team that possibly won't have a future in 2 years. If I was a player I wouldn't CHOOSE to go to melbourne necessarily. Other clubs will deal for him.

Yes the other point is warnock probably doesn't want to play in a rebuilding team that possibly won't have a future in 2 years. If I was a player I wouldn't CHOOSE to go to melbourne necessarily. Other clubs will deal for him.
Melbourne are a young, up and coming team. Robbie will fit in perfectly with his older brother:thumbsu:

It's not the EPL genius, and arguably Melbourne will have the most salary cap space in the entire competition with alot of our older, higher paid players retiring at the end of the year. There we will be able to offer him the most $$ wise.

As i said in the other thread w_9, you guys screwed us over with Farmer, so i doubt Melbourne will be going out of their way to please you guys.

Last i checked you guys couldn't pay up to 100% of the salary cap.

There is still other Vic clubs that need ruckman:
Essendon
Richmond
StKilda
Bulldogs
for example would all really like a good young ruckman on their list.

Melbourne are a young, up and coming team. Robbie will fit in perfectly with his older brother:thumbsu:

Up and coming? Hilarious. It's quite possible your team won't exist in a few years. If I was warnock and i was homesick I'd just want to move back to Melbourne, playing in a shit team wouldn't be my preference at all.

Come back and talk to us IF he decides he wants to go home. I dont think he will want to anyway so this at the moment is a worthless topic.

Last i checked you guys could pay up to 100% of the salary cap.

There is still other Vic clubs that need ruckman:
Essendon
Richmond
StKilda
Bulldogs
for example would all really like a good young ruckman on their list.

agree, dont think it is a forgone conclusion that melbourne will get him. For one they may end up winning more games than us this year, also it may not be that hard to convince him to go to a team that is of higher status than melbourne, the question is what would other clubs give us?

Also in relation to salary caps, we also have a bunch of players retiring or delisted and two seniors (M Carr Bell) who have done, macca will go also. What we could offer him salray wise I dont think will be an issue.

Up and coming? Hilarious. It's quite possible your team won't exist in a few years. If I was warnock and i was homesick I'd just want to move back to Melbourne, playing in a shit team wouldn't be my preference at all.
Melbourne beat Brisbane last week with the youngest and least experienced team in the league.
Ref:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23960816-23211,00.html
http://afl.com.au/News/NewsArticle/t...x?newsId=62437

Melbourne has been around for 150 years and will be around for the next 150. We have more members then Bulldogs for starters, higher crowds then the bulldogs and kangaroos, just wait til we're back in form. Anyway, this thread was purely hypothetical in the first place.

I won't post again in this thread because my urges to troll freo are going off the radar with your post.

Melbourne beat Brisbane last week with the youngest and least experienced team in the league.

Wow, Melbourne supporters getting a bit ahead of themselves, Brisbane are a shit team, especially when travelling. With the way you're going I bet you're seeing your side top 8 next year. :D

BTW Melbourne in my opinion, are the most boring team to watch. You have no super stars, even Robbo isn't that exciting when he's pulling down massive grabs.

I somehow doubt your crowd figures but the Bulldogs are entertaining to watch, more than I can say for your rabble that will be merged with another club soon.

Melbourne has been around for 150 years and will be around for the next 150.
Lol...

You seem to be missing some pretty massive and genuine problems associated with players thinking of moving to Melbourne.

You don't have proper weights training facilities, a weights program or weights coaching from what I can gather. For the stick that is Warnock, it would be absolutely suicidal career wise going to Melbourne.

At Melbourne, he would get terribly injured 6 games in as the #1 ruckman.

Ref:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23960816-23211,00.html
http://afl.com.au/News/NewsArticle/t...x?newsId=62437

Melbourne has been around for 150 years and will be around for the next 150. We have more members then Bulldogs for starters, higher crowds then the bulldogs and kangaroos, just wait til we're back in form. Anyway, this thread was purely hypothetical in the first place.

I won't post again in this thread because my urges to troll freo are going off the radar with your post.
But the Bulldogs and Kangas are good and you are shit

Melbourne has been around for 150 years and will be around for the next 150.

yeah....
I don't think so unfortuately for you guys... You don't even have your own modern facilities for a club.
More than one team is going to have to fold from Melbourne and you guys are only being held up by the AFL. Sooner or latter you will be gone, or at the very least relegated to the VFL.

As much as I'm over all this talk of Freo getting held to ransom over Warnock, I think we should stay out of the topic of if/when Melbourne will fold as a club.

It is quite an attack on something a true supporter would feel strongly about, and I don't think it's any of our places to say.

All I know is that being a Seattle Supersonics fan for a long time, I'm gutted that they have been forced to move to another city. I can't imagine how the Melbourne supporters would feel if it happened to them!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hypothetical Trade for Robbie Warnock

Remove this Banner Ad

Back