Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Primary list
Out: Tabs, Hughes, Corbett, and prob Emmett (to move to rookie)
In: Bolton
Leaves 3 ND spots (I’d expect Knobel to re-sign)

Rookie list - A
Out: Stanley, Kuek, possibly Jones

Rookie list - B
Out: Williams

3 ND spots
1 Rookie A plus Emmett
1 Rookie B
Some people reckoned Knobel wasn't getting delisted because the club posted a holiday snap of him. I noticed they did the same with Odin Jones yesterday. Personally I don't think it means all that much at all but some might disagree.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us just use three picks in the National Draft and leave it at that. We'll fill a Category B spot with one of those Irish guys as well I reckon.

Currently watching Richmond v Port R2 mini on foxtel. My word Bolton is a good footballer when he’s on. You guys are gonna push pretty far next year imo.
He’s a good player when he’s not on, he just doesn’t get it as much.
& that’s more than what we’ve got at the moment so it’s a win for us either way,

3 first rounders for Bolton. We should expect to hear that a lot going forward.

I mean was it though?

It was really just Shultz + a pick downgrade to 14 and 2 second round picks (we got from Port the season before last) for Shai.

Not bad. Happy with that

If WC offer us the future picks of Blues and Hawks for #14, do you turn them down?
If it's next year's draft, then we should take them, but only if we are also certain Chad is out the door at Sydney next year, and we are a realistic chance.

Otherwise, just commit to using your top-15 draft pick in a superdraft year, and be happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walls - “There were a few other players too — I won’t be able to name them — who were keen to get to Fremantle. It was a nice year for us in terms of not having anyone wanting to leave but having players that are actively trying to get to Fremantle is a nice position to be in.”
Chad and Kozzy

Walls - “There were a few other players too — I won’t be able to name them — who were keen to get to Fremantle. It was a nice year for us in terms of not having anyone wanting to leave but having players that are actively trying to get to Fremantle is a nice position to be in.”
I wonder what number Kozzie wants for 2026

I mean was it though?

It was really just Shultz + a pick downgrade to 14 and 2 second round picks (we got from Port the season before last) for Shai.

Not bad. Happy with that
Even this trade in isolation isn't 3 first rounders as we got 1 back. We gave 10 and 11 and received a first round upgrade of 4 spots. So it would be equate to say 10 and 14, with two clear academy/FS candidates 11-12 and 16 for a contracted Shai. It's not a steal but it's decent value.

Do we start shopping round for KPDs.

Moose replacement? Or is Drapes that guy?
Not sure that Curtains is big enough to fill in when Pearce retires.
They will be looking for something other than mids or small forwards though.
I just hope that Odin Jones gets a run in the Peel side this year.If I read it right, the club are very into him.At the moment plays ruck and forward, but I read that the club were trying him out down back.A big lump of a lad.

Not sure that Curtains is big enough to fill in when Pearce retires.
They will be looking for something other than mids or small forwards though.
I just hope that Odin Jones gets a run in the Peel side this year.If I read it right, the club are very into him.At the moment plays ruck and forward, but I read that the club were trying him out down back.A big lump of a lad.
Feels good being able to put a bit of focus on the future instead of trying to shuffle around the current crop doesn't it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back