I <3 Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

His only failing is that he doesn't win uncontested footy. Must surely have the highest % of possessions that are contested possessions of any player in the league. Rory Sloane is his apprentice.
He's at about 55% contested possessions, which is very high. Couldn't check clearance stats on the AFL site, but I think he'd be doing pretty well at that.

But Naitanui is the king of contested ball only, with 74% :eek:

He's at about 55% contested possessions, which is very high. Couldn't check clearance stats on the AFL site, but I think he'd be doing pretty well at that.

Natanui is also a ruckman, meaning he is consistently fighting in the area for a contested ball.

What about a disclaimer for players who average 15 or more possessions a game. (Actually that might not even qualify him)

Believes he is far too good. Can't break any tackles and plays for the frees.

If he was 22-23 or older he would be a below average player. Good player for his age though.

I'm not going to tell you you're wrong, or ask why you're being an idiot or any of those things that will no doubt follow your post down the thread.

just this: what is the point of making nonsensical attention seeking posts. to what end?

actually 60% is about league average for an inside mid.

you're falling into the trap of comparing players across positions.
Is it? I'd say the average would be more in the high 60s.

Other inside mids average

Jobe Watson- 70.12
Matt Priddis- 72.32
Daniel Cross- 76.8
Matthew Boyd- 64.72
Chris Judd- 67.11
Andrew Swallow- 73.51
Lenny Hayes- 69.77

You'd have to say Danger is certainly below average in that regard for his position.

Anyone who criticises him can f**k off.

Get a grip. He would be a certain lock at your club. Just admit it, he would be your favourite player if he was in your colours.

He may not have had the best game tonight, but sh*t, he's only 20 years old. He has clearly shown that he can be the complete player in less than two seasons - not many players show that. He is a cross between Roo and Judd in the making. Consistency comes with experience.

Dangerfield is and will continue to be a household name for many years because he is and will continue to be be the epitome of what a tough and exicitng midfielder SHOULD be.

Lovin the haters

Danger will be a freak, just needs to pull back a little to extend his career. Just like a young Roo, went far too hard, and Blighty pulled him up and said he would be done by age 26

He just turned 20 a few months back. Look at the size of him. He will be nigh on impossible to tackle in 2 years time.

Once he learns to get some uncontested footy and increases his disposal efficiency, he will have the tools to be one of the AFL's best

Dunno why all the hype?

Output's very little.

Hardly finds it, doesn't work hard with the ball not in his vicinity, thought he had very little impact for his effect on the game tonight, other then the set shot goal, can't remember much else he did other than the bullocking work on the goal line.

Plays for free kicks, tries to break tackles.

Agree he has the talent, but seems to believe in his own hype and just isn't doing enough.

Think he has almost surpassed Naitanui in the obvious overrating he is given by the media.
I can't wait to bump this post in 2-3 years time.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:thumbsdown:

Jobe Watson- 70.12
Matt Priddis- 72.32
Daniel Cross- 76.8
Matthew Boyd- 64.72
Chris Judd- 67.11
Andrew Swallow- 73.51
Lenny Hayes- 69.77

You'd have to say Danger is certainly below average in that regard for his position.

His position? I wouldn't call him and inside midfielder just yet... Your insight into his game is obviously warped. Probs explains why you follow GC.

Agreed. Well said.

Don't get me wrong he's a talent but he's massively overrated on BF and with how the media love to pump him up as an upcoming superstar. He has some likable attributes but his actual output is not that great. Kreuzer, Rioli, Cotchin and Grimes have all been better to date and they're all from his same draft, wouldn't take him over any of them.
LOL, the clueless idiots are out in droves tonight.:eek: Cotchin? That has to be the biggest pisstake in BF history, surely? Grimes? lulz. Kreuzer? I can see where you are coming from, same with Rioli.

Didn't realise you weren't allowed to discuss players anymore. Adelaide fans getting very touchy for a team that just knocked off the reigning premiers. Been drinking a bit tonight boys? :D

:thumbsdown:

His position? I wouldn't call him and inside midfielder just yet... Your insight into his game is obviously warped. Probs explains why you follow GC.
What other position is he playing that makes his disposal so poor? :p

Crow-mo called him an inside mid, perhaps you should take your argument up with him.

Jobe Watson- 70.12
Matt Priddis- 72.32
Daniel Cross- 76.8
Matthew Boyd- 64.72
Chris Judd- 67.11
Andrew Swallow- 73.51
Lenny Hayes- 69.77

Priddis?

adjust for the uncontested rate and you're about even.

LOL, the clueless idiots are out in droves tonight.:eek: Cotchin? That has to be the biggest pisstake in BF history, surely? Grimes? lulz. Kreuzer? I can see where you are coming from, same with Rioli.

How am I a "clueless idiot". Kreuzer, Rioli, Cotchin and Grimes have all clearly outperformed Dangerfield to date. Only the most one-eyed Adelaide supporters would disagree. Having to resort to abuse merely backs it up, wouldn't do that if you knew you had a case.

How am I a "clueless idiot". Kreuzer, Rioli, Cotchin and Grimes have all clearly outperformed Dangerfield to date. Only the most one-eyed Adelaide supporters would disagree. Having to resort to abuse merely backs it up, wouldn't do that if you knew you had a case.
I can nearly agree with you on Grimes, but Cotchin? Please, only a one eyed Richmond supporter would say that. What has Cotchin done of note that has made the competition stand up and take notice? I thought so. No doubting he is a brilliant player, but your comment is a load of shit tbh.

I can nearly agree with you on Grimes, but Cotchin? Please, only a one eyed Richmond supporter would say that. What has Cotchin done of note that has made the competition stand up and take notice? I thought so. No doubting he is a brilliant player, but your comment is a load of shit tbh.

So you think Dangerfield has outperformed Cotchin? :eek:

Hilarious. Would like to hear some neutrals thoughts on this.

. What has Cotchin done of note that has made the competition stand up and take notice?
About the same as what Dangerfield has done- flashes of excitement.

But Cotchin has been more consistent, he's been better than Dangerfield comfortably over their careers so far, and this season.

No need to get so defensive fellow crowies. Just let him gun it up agaisnt everyones teams for the rest of the year. Cant wait to see him in a final. Hopefully this year. I think some people on here need to drink some water more than i do.

Agreed. Well said.

Don't get me wrong he's a talent but he's massively overrated on BF and with how the media love to pump him up as an upcoming superstar. He has some likable attributes but his actual output is not that great. Kreuzer, Rioli, Cotchin and Grimes have all been better to date and they're all from his same draft, wouldn't take him over any of them.

Cotchin, pfft... Out of those mentioned only Rioli has shown more in a single game.

Didn't realise you weren't allowed to discuss players anymore. Adelaide fans getting very touchy for a team that just knocked off the reigning premiers. Been drinking a bit tonight boys? :D

What other position is he playing that makes his disposal so poor? :p

Crow-mo called him an inside mid, perhaps you should take your argument up with him.

Okay, I'll meet your halfway and admit he is a part time inside mid. He also spends a fair of time bit up forward. He has kicked quite a few bags now.

I'm not getting touchy, the thread is titled I love Dangerfiled, not I do don't love Dangerfiled. I love Dangerfield, if he was at your club you would love hime too.

Yes, I've been doing quite a bit of drinking... our best win in a long while so I'm pretty stoked. It's been a extemely disappointing season and to win in such fashion is truly amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

I <3 Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back