I don't care if he's a Blue...

Remove this Banner Ad

What was that no finals for a consecutive seventh season. Funny how we can still win games with players under 20 whilst Carlton have to pick up middle age players to do so, tells me something about their development staff.

Not on Friday night you couldn't. Most of those players under 20 couldn't hit a target. And most of the guys over 20 couldn't either.

Carlton seem to be winning enough games with the youngest list in the comp.
What is middle aged these days.

According to Collins Dictionary, this is "... usually considered to occur approximately between the ages of 40 and 60".

Can't remember the last 40 year old we recruited you half wit..

Not on Friday night you couldn't. Most of those players under 20 couldn't hit a target. And most of the guys over 20 couldn't either.

Carlton seem to be winning enough games with the youngest list in the comp.
What is middle aged these days.

According to Collins Dictionary, this is "... usually considered to occur approximately between the ages of 40 and 60".

Can't remember the last 40 year old we recruited you half wit..
Funnily enough though douche bag, even with the embarrassing loss on friday night, Collingwood have won more games in 2008 than Carlton did.

By the way, lets not forget Carltons effort on Saturday, what was it? 80 points?

Funnily enough though douche bag, even with the embarrassing loss on friday night, Collingwood have won more games in 2008 than Carlton did.

By the way, lets not forget Carltons effort on Saturday, what was it? 80 points?

159 to 81 which by my calculations is 78 points.

Was Round 7 too far back for you to remember? Collingwood V Hawthorn.
154 to 89. Work that out.

You didn't do much better china.

159 to 81 which by my calculations is 78 points.

Was Round 7 too far back for you to remember? Collingwood V Hawthorn.
154 to 89. Work that out.

You didn't do much better china.

how will your wonderful young team do this week? by my calculations u wont see another carltank match till 2009....

how will your wonderful young team do this week? by my calculations u wont see another carltank match till 2009....

You Collingwood supporters seem to place too much emphasis on finals footy. If you haven't got a hope in hell of winning the Grand Final, which in my opinion you haven't, you are no better than the rest of us. Just a couple of draft picks down the order. When it all comes down to it, if you lose this week all you've done for making the finals is see your team lose an extra week. It's like it always is with Collingwood people, near enough is good enough. "At least we made two grand finals in a row!" "At least we got to within 5 points of the eventual premiers in a prelim final!"
Whoopee do in the overall scheme of things.

Carlton are the youngest list in the AFL and have improved from four wins last year to ten this year. And they will improve again next year to hopefully, push for the finals.

You Collingwood supporters seem to place too much emphasis on finals footy. If you haven't got a hope in hell of winning the Grand Final, which in my opinion you haven't, you are no better than the rest of us. Just a couple of draft picks down the order. When it all comes down to it, if you lose this week all you've done for making the finals is see your team lose an extra week. It's like it always is with Collingwood people, near enough is good enough. "At least we made two grand finals in a row!" "At least we got to within 5 points of the eventual premiers in a prelim final!"

Carlton are the youngest list in the AFL and have improved from four wins last year to ten this year. And they will improve again next year to hopefully, push for the finals.

and the most unsuccessful list in the 2000s... you can only win grand finals when you make the finals and have the OPPORTUNITY to progress into the grand final... as for young lists try finding the average age of team -players in the 22- as opposed to an enitre list.. your team has been so crap for so long u have to delist any players over the age of 25 to try and find a good youngster in the draft...

your brst players played well on the weekend.. you still got thumped...
our team has rarely been at full strength thsi year and we still made the finals...

also... lol at emphasis on FINALS FOOTY.. you must be a carlton supporter.. u guys place emphasis on low draft picks...

and the most unsuccessful list in the 2000s... you can only win grand finals when you make the finals and have the OPPORTUNITY to progress into the grand final... as for young lists try finding the average age of team -players in the 22- as opposed to an enitre list.. your team has been so crap for so long u have to delist any players over the age of 25 to try and find a good youngster in the draft...

your brst players played well on the weekend.. you still got thumped...
our team has rarely been at full strength thsi year and we still made the finals...

also... lol at emphasis on FINALS FOOTY.. you must be a carlton supporter.. u guys place emphasis on low draft picks...

A couple of points...

1. I did manage to find the average age of the 22 on Saturday night. Carltons - 22 years and 9 months. Hawthorns - 24 years of age.
Carltons experience - 56.5 games. Hawthorns - 74.4.
Collingwoods on Friday night - 23 years and 8 months. Freos - 24 years and 4 months. Collingwoods experience - 63.6 games, and Freos - 67.5.

But the interesting one was Round 7 against the Hawks.
Collingwoods was 24 years and 6 months whereas Hawthorns was 24 and 3 months. 92.4 games to 86 in experience. And you got pumped.

None of that means much to anybody but you asked for it and I don't think you even had a point. I think you were trying to say that Collingwoods list on Friday night was more inexperienced, but clearly you would have been wrong if you were thinking that.

Carlton was more inexperienced than the Hawks and that's what happens to inexperienced sides. Sometimes your good players play well and you lose. What was your excuse in Round 7?

2. I thought the order of the draft was taken from the order of where you finished on the ladder. Not the amount of people you delisted over the age of 25. That could be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard on Bigfooty!

You did say that we had the worst list of the naughties but then went on to say that we delist old players over 25 to get good youngsters. But we haven't got any according to you...? Which one is it??

Collingwood people loved it when we got fined and banned from the draft for a couple of years for cheating the salary cap. We then, under the misinformed guidance of Denis Pagan, recruit top up players to relieve the short term damage, instead of picking up youngsters. We then spiral down to the bottom of the ladder where once again the Magpie faithful are there waiting to kick the boots in. You do a fine job I must say!! Because of our worst list of the 2000's, as you put it, we get number one and two draft picks. But all of a sudden we are much better than we are making out, and tanking games when we should have been pumping the opposition week in and week out. The worst list of the 2000's, as you put it, really isn't the worst list of the 2000's according to you. We get the number ones, Murphy, Gibbs and Kreuzer, who most Collingwood people say are crap anyway, but then you say they are our better players.. Which one is it?

You really need to get your story straight before you come up with crap.

Why
Proud Pies posted this elsewhere...

He may just have his own them song next year.

99 Luftballons

"Runner up 26 times, taken part in the final series over 70 times."

Exactly my point. Only a Collingwood supporter would have that line under their post window...

Why would Hawks risk buddy being overhauled and not winning the Coleman, flock Carlton and Fev. Don't win premierships by being mister nice guy, well done Clarkson, bit of spine and pride never hurt a footy club. Should have taken a leaf out of the ruthless book friday night methinks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck Pies against the Crows firstly
Secondly, a little friendly comedy courtesy of some Carlton supporters with the blues http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=23440399348

Hope ya knock over the Crows!
:D:D:D

Oh dear..... They take whinging to a whole new level.

BTW Gouldy, I agree it's good the rivalry is still there and going strong, I would love for Collingwood to play Carlton in a final next year, I would love it even more if we smashed ya.:);)

Fev had some ordinary games this year. I dont mean that in a derogatory way either. If he didnt spit the dummy on the odd occasion he would have hit the big 100 way before Buddy and unfortunately for Franklin with much more accuracy too.

Lets give credit were its due. He may wear the navy blue but he is one hell of a kick at goal and when he is focused is by far the best forward in the league at the moment.

Before Hawks supporters jump down my throat im not knocking Buddy either.

Yes we did get thumped by Carlton twice this year but dont take away any kudos from Fev unless you can prove he aint all that when he really is.

We wish !

No one is saying he isn't a good player. Most are just sayig he is a prick on the field, which he is, and that it couldn't have happened to a better bloke, which in their opinions it couldn't have.

A couple of points...

1. I did manage to find the average age of the 22 on Saturday night. Carltons - 22 years and 9 months. Hawthorns - 24 years of age.
Carltons experience - 56.5 games. Hawthorns - 74.4.
Collingwoods on Friday night - 23 years and 8 months. Freos - 24 years and 4 months. Collingwoods experience - 63.6 games, and Freos - 67.5.

But the interesting one was Round 7 against the Hawks.
Collingwoods was 24 years and 6 months whereas Hawthorns was 24 and 3 months. 92.4 games to 86 in experience. And you got pumped.

None of that means much to anybody but you asked for it and I don't think you even had a point. I think you were trying to say that Collingwoods list on Friday night was more inexperienced, but clearly you would have been wrong if you were thinking that.

Carlton was more inexperienced than the Hawks and that's what happens to inexperienced sides. Sometimes your good players play well and you lose. What was your excuse in Round 7?

2. I thought the order of the draft was taken from the order of where you finished on the ladder. Not the amount of people you delisted over the age of 25. That could be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard on Bigfooty!
i never said that.. i said u delist ur players over 25 and try to pick up better ones in the draft.. in other words ur older players were duds so u had to try again.. dont twist my words.. typical carlton.. twisting matters to suit themselves..
You did say that we had the worst list of the naughties but then went on to say that we delist old players over 25 to get good youngsters. But we haven't got any according to you...? Which one is it??
carltank have won 70 games since 2007- that includes 23 wins in 2000-01.
Collingwood people loved it when we got fined and banned from the draft for a couple of years for cheating the salary cap.
you cheat u pay the price.. no one else to blame but ursleves

We then, under the misinformed guidance of Denis Pagan, recruit top up players to relieve the short term damage, instead of picking up youngsters. pagan didnt employ himself...

We then spiral down to the bottom of the ladder where once again the Magpie faithful are there waiting to kick the boots in. You do a fine job I must say!! Because of our worst list of the 2000's, as you put it, we get number one and two draft picks. But all of a sudden we are much better than we are making out, and tanking games when we should have been pumping the opposition week in and week out. The worst list of the 2000's, as you put it, really isn't the worst list of the 2000's according to you. We get the number ones, Murphy, Gibbs and Kreuzer, who most Collingwood people say are crap anyway, but then you say they are our better players.. Which one is it?

You really need to get your story straight before you come up with crap.
whatever.. i get see my team play finals this year.. again.. maybe u can get a video of judds groin surgery....

yes runners up 26 times and played in 70 finals.. cheating has never been linked to our club.. whereas buying premierships has been suggested many times in carltanks inglorious history.. even one of ur flags was given to u from an incorrect umpiring decision.. but thats another matter... get off our board...

Why

"Runner up 26 times, taken part in the final series over 70 times."

Exactly my point. Only a Collingwood supporter would have that line under their post window...

May as well change it for "YAY WE FINISHED 11TH!"

Either way quit trolling and baiting other posters. This IS the Collingwood board. Constructive criticism is welcome. Constantly baiting and snipering of posters is not.

You Collingwood supporters seem to place too much emphasis on finals footy.

Sorry. We know your strategy over the last 7 years has involved everything but finals. I guess thats the difference between our clubs lately.

It's like it always is with Collingwood people, near enough is good enough. "At least we made two grand finals in a row!" "At least we got to within 5 points of the eventual premiers in a prelim final!" Whoopee do in the overall scheme of things.

Thats all very well, but I've never seen a group of supporters so smug and satisfied over finishing 11th. I mean if you want to talk about "the overall scheme of things".

Carlton are the youngest list in the AFL and have improved from four wins last year to ten this year.

You can boast all you like about the average age of your three-time wooden spoon winning list. Relevant teams like to play finals.

Sheesh, you pay a compliment and see what you get? :rolleyes:

I've changed my mind now, too. Don't mind the players but the supporters are a bunch of plankton. Enjoy your off-season...

For those of you who are judging us so heavily on our final position on the ladder; you must use hindsight. We've had a shocking run in the previous 6-7 years and finishing 11th and narrowly missing finals is a big step for us. There's nothing wrong with being optimistic, for those supporters who are apparantly cocky over us finishing 11th, I have no control over, but you should know that the majority of us are pleased with what we've done this year, for it is a sign of growth. We've beaten some good teams and showed some amazing development on and off the field. So using the "we're in the finals and your not" arguement really does not offend us, because not many of us expected it and nor are we greatly dissapointed with it. When it comes our time to make finals we will have a good hard crack and not just scrape in there and die out in the first round. once again, good luck in the finals, you've proven to a lot of ppl that you are good enough to make them and for your sake you don't flop out in straight sets:thumbsu:

yep so at Brett rattens pre-season planning meeting he said "let's aim for 11th"
everyone aims for finals because from there anything can (as per history) happen but yeah carlton mentality is "let's cheat then when we get busted "use" the system (bottoming out/draft picks/tanking/laying down), then when we're ready (3 number 1 picks in a row) we'll go straight for the flag" good stuff carlton!

each to their own but we care too much for our performance to consider that method of improvement!

yep so at Brett rattens pre-season planning meeting he said "let's aim for 11th"
everyone aims for finals because from there anything can (as per history) happen but yeah carlton mentality is "let's cheat then when we get busted "use" the system (bottoming out/draft picks/tanking/laying down), then when we're ready (3 number 1 picks in a row) we'll go straight for the flag" good stuff carlton!

each to their own but we care too much for our performance to consider that method of improvement!

Could have sworn Dale Thomas was picked up as a priority pick at 2, and you got Pendles at pick 5 in the 2005 draft after you finished second last.

Short memory?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't care if he's a Blue...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back