Home & Garden I have an invitation on my fridge......GD advice required

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe he doesn't like football?

I couldn't give a shit if my wedding was on Grand Final day. I never watch it anyway, neither do any of my friends.

polo59.jpg

6378284-two-handsome-young-men-in-a-black-tuxedo-at-a-round-bar-drinking-whisky-palm-tree-in-the-background.jpg

I can't believe that question even had to be asked. I'm embarrassed to be here. It's an unwritten wedding vow. 'Do you accept the fact Grand Final Day is sacred and promise to never ask your husband to lift a finger, answer your questions or leave the house on this day?'

My sister announced at the family christmas last year that her Wedding date would be October 1.

To which we all replied, "Have fun, take pictures, let us know how it goes."

My sister announced at the family christmas last year that her Wedding date would be October 1.

To which we all replied, "Have fun, take pictures, let us know how it goes."
Hahaha. How did she respond?

Gentlemen, gentlemen this thread made me chuckle, it really is easier than you think to not get banished to the couch for a few days by the wife and get to go to the GF.

Offer to buy her new shoes, dress, bag etc which she is going to buy anyway by the way! Insist that you look after the kids while she gets her hair done and has a spray tan etc, tell her to go early and have a coffee with some friends first and in return you get to head off to the GF getting her to put in your apologies coz you are so disappointed not to be there but you are home with Gastro, noone even has to know you made a choice not to go and she saves face with everyone.

Think about it guys, Win / Win, and let's face it the next day you will probably be a bit green around the gills anyway so nobody will be any the wiser.

Gentlemen, gentlemen this thread made me chuckle, it really is easier than you think to not get banished to the couch for a few days by the wife and get to go to the GF.

Offer to buy her new shoes, dress, bag etc which she is going to buy anyway by the way! Insist that you look after the kids while she gets her hair done and has a spray tan etc, tell her to go early and have a coffee with some friends first and in return you get to head off to the GF getting her to put in your apologies coz you are so disappointed not to be there but you are home with Gastro, noone even has to know you made a choice not to go and she saves face with everyone.

Think about it guys, Win / Win, and let's face it the next day you will probably be a bit green around the gills anyway so nobody will be any the wiser.

Stuff that. She can do all that stuff herself. Watch the footy and make no excuses for it. Idiots that have a wedding on Grand Final day deserve to know that you're not there because they are idiots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Home & Garden I have an invitation on my fridge......GD advice required

Remove this Banner Ad

Back