I know it's been done to death but......

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get off BMs case he clarified his statement and I do not believe his intentions were in anyway racist. I actually agree with him in a very small way. Richmond got a lost of mileage out of the fact Houli was from a Muslim background. The Dogs got mileage out of a Vietnamese footballer. North have had mileage from their Sudanese player even though he has not played senior footy. Clubs do play the ethnic card and BMs comments were that maybe Houli was being played over another player of the same standard because we would be seen to be hypocritical if we didnt play him. He may have case. Houli is just fringe in my opinion also. And I am not a racist.. I do not care what ethnic background a player comes from, just if he good enough and deserves his spot.

No offense mate, but I disagree. Houli is a footballer. That's his occupation. Richmond pursued him as we had a need and requirement in our list management. His religion and beliefs had no bearing on why he ended up at Tigerland.
He has never been selected for any other reason other than he can play, and he is in our best 22. And no, we dont have to lay off anyone. It was a dumb, uninformed opinion. And your synopsis and hypothetical on what you think he meant has no resemblance to some other explanations proffered. And there is no evidence at all to back up what you or he has said, but Bachars results in the club b & f's back up what the rest of us know and think. Hypotheticals v results, what are you going to believe?

Get off BMs case he clarified his statement and I do not believe his intentions were in anyway racist. I actually agree with him in a very small way. Richmond got a lost of mileage out of the fact Houli was from a Muslim background. The Dogs got mileage out of a Vietnamese footballer. North have had mileage from their Sudanese player even though he has not played senior footy. Clubs do play the ethnic card and BMs comments were that maybe Houli was being played over another player of the same standard because we would be seen to be hypocritical if we didnt play him. He may have case. Houli is just fringe in my opinion also. And I am not a racist.. I do not care what ethnic background a player comes from, just if he good enough and deserves his spot.
No. I will not get off BM's case.
he called Houli a gimmick. Do you agree with that or do you refute it?
You can call Houli a fringe footballer all you want. That will never bother me. But to defend a person calling him a gimmick, calling a HUMAN BEING a gimmick and a basically a sideshow, well, you can shove that.

Do you think an intelligent young man like Bachar would allow himself to be used and abused as a gimmick, Birdman? Give Bachar a little bit of credit for having a brain and being able to think his thought processes through. Something you appear incapable of doing at times.

I'll go one better Tuggs. What about Stringer being selected by the dogs with their first round pick? Media gimmick for a feel good story?

at least some on gets it .. dw dude i have been tag teamed by CB17 and Tuggs before .. they have a vendetta or something going on.

Do you think an intelligent young man like Bachar would allow himself to be used and abused as a gimmick, Birdman? Give Bachar a little bit of credit for having a brain and being able to think his thought processes through. Something you appear incapable of doing at times.

whats with the personal attacks ?

No. I will not get off BM's case.
he called Houli a gimmick. Do you agree with that or do you refute it?
You can call Houli a fringe footballer all you want. That will never bother me. But to defend a person calling him a gimmick, calling a HUMAN BEING a gimmick and a basically a sideshow, well, you can shove that.
Yes he did call Houli a gimmick. Not disputing that. Just pointing out the fact that that after he clarified his statements, he clearly stated that it was because he believed clubs used players ethnic background to drum up extra interest and business. I believe his intention was to state that Houli may be getting favoured by the club when it came to inclusion in the 22, as he thought Houli is a fringe player. BM is entitled to his opinion and as I stated I think Houli is just in the 22 or fringe. I'm also entitled to my opinion as are you! I think you are trying to scream racist when that is not the case.. My opinion only.

whats with the personal attacks ?
I haven't attacked you personally. Report any of my posts to the mods and they will find that I have not attacked you personally. Now answer the questions or retract your comments and apologise.

at least some on gets it .. dw dude i have been tag teamed by CB17 and Tuggs before .. they have a vendetta or something going on.

It's no vendetta, and Tuggs was a mod previously, so to suggest he had agendas on some posters is not an area I would venture into.
Believe me, we don't have time to work out routines, but we both care deeply for the board and it's reputation. I love debate and footy talk with the odd bit of shit thrown in, but, if you reckon Tuggs and i have over reacted, what do you really think an outside opinion of your post would think (supporter of another club)?

Yes he did call Houli a gimmick. Not disputing that. Just pointing out the fact that that after he clarified his statements, he clearly stated that it was because he believed clubs used players ethnic background to drum up extra interest and business. I believe his intention was to state that Houli may be getting favoured by the club when it came to inclusion in the 22, as he thought Houli is a fringe player. BM is entitled to his opinion and as I stated I think Houli is just in the 22 or fringe. I'm also entitled to my opinion as are you! I think you are trying to scream racist when that is not the case.. My opinion only.
I didn't call him a racist. I went to great lengths to spell that out. Please re-read my posts.

I haven't attacked you personally. Report any of my posts to the mods and they will find that I have not attacked you personally. Now answer the questions or retract your comments and apologise.
being a smart man i don't think he would care as long as he gets minutes out on the field,, if he is a marketing puppet or not

So just to clarify, you also think Blair Hartley wasted his time and energy on perusing a player from a rival club as a marketing tool before football ability?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have a vendetta against you.
I am appalled by your 'gimmick' comment. I am arguing with you and have not attacked you personally in any way. I have given you ample opportunity to explain yourself or retract or apologise and you keep claiming the victim tag and kep dancing around the subject because you don't have a proper answer.

So just to clarify, you also think Blair Hartley wasted his time and energy on perusing a player from a rival club as a marketing tool before football ability?
not saying he is a crap player ... were saying he is a decent footballer but ISNT a worthy starter at the most is a fringe player who seems to start ever game

And im not literally saying you have a agenda just saying ever time i cast a different opinion you and tugs jump straight on my back ...

ill die before i change clubs

I don't have a vendetta against you.
I am appalled by your 'gimmick' comment. I am arguing with you and have not attacked you personally in any way. I have given you ample opportunity to explain yourself or retract or apologise and you keep claiming the victim tag and kep dancing around the subject because you don't have a proper answer.
"Something you appear incapable of doing at times." thats not offensive ?

And i have explained my self ? sregit has seen that

Ok I'll jump off Birdman's case , solely because it think it's very clear how I feel about his comments and jump onto yours .
To suggest someone is placed upon a list or within a side, solely due to race is racism .
Something clubs realize is not exceptable and no club would go near .
Once upon a list clubs use any angle they can to exert any promotion their staff provide , no different to any other organisation .
Can't believe anyone would think a AFL club would draft and then play players solely due to their race .

I apologize if the word Gimmick has made people upset !

would Marketing Scheme be a better form of words ?

not saying he is a crap player ... were saying he is a decent footballer but ISNT a worthy starter at the most is a fringe player who seems to start ever game

And im not literally saying you have a agenda just saying ever time i cast a different opinion you and tugs jump straight on my back ...

ill die before i change clubs

It's very rare I actually spark up on this board. I think Santa bore the brunt of my last one and I was duely reprimanded by Tugga for it as well.
All I ask is look at his results within the club and how Bachar is viewed by his piers. Then revisit your initial comment.

Ok I'll jump off Birdman's case , solely because it think it's very clear how I feel about his comments and jump onto yours .
To suggest someone is placed upon a list or within a side is racism .
Something clubs realize is not exceptable and no club would go near . Once upon a list clubs use any angle they can to exert promotion their staff provide , no different to any other organisation .
Can't believe anyone would think a AFL club would draft and then play players solely due to their race .
There were clubs who didnt draft player solely because of there race .. so why cant you accept that there are some out there that do ?
(not having ago just a question)

"Something you appear incapable of doing at times." thats not offensive ?

And i have explained my self ? sregit has seen that
You are offended at that and yet you call another person a marketing gimmick.
Do you realise how contradictory that is?

It's very rare I actually spark up on this board. I think Santa bore the brunt of my last one and I was duely reprimanded by Tugga for it as well.
All I ask is look at his results within the club and how Bachar is viewed by his piers. Then revisit your initial comment.
wouldnt be much of a forum if we didnt ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back