I know it's been done to death but......

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very rare I actually spark up on this board. I think Santa bore the brunt of my last one and I was duely reprimanded by Tugga for it as well.
All I ask is look at his results within the club and how Bachar is viewed by his piers. Then revisit your initial comment.
Ha! it's true. I have given you more yellow cards than I have Birdman or probably anyone else. If I have a vendetta, it's against you.:)

OK guys let's try and relax a little bit. Not everyone on this site is as enlightened as others, and while it is good to not let a bad comment slide, forcing someone into a corner will just lead to bad blood. Leave the guy some room for a dignified exit.

You are offended at that and yet you call another person a marketing gimmick.
Do you realise how contradictory that is?
"An innovative stratagem or scheme employed especially to promote a project" thats the defontion i was using for the word Gimmick

So just to clarify, you also think Blair Hartley wasted his time and energy on perusing a player from a rival club as a marketing tool before football
You are getting away from the point. At the time Bachar came to club we recruited him with the best of intentions . I am not disappointed that we got him, however, IMO the reason BM stated the word gimmick was because he believed the club would seem hypocritical if it now deemed him to not be good enough and were possibly giving him favours when picking him in the 22. It's just opinion and his statement did not appear racist in anyway. If you want to play the racist card then report him and anyone else you like. He has nothing to apologies for, just because you misconstrued what he said.

I apologize if the word Gimmick has made people upset !

would Marketing Scheme be a better form of words ?
Jesus Brett!!!! Gimmick, marketing scheme. Same thing.

There were clubs who didnt draft player solely because of there race .. so why cant you accept that there are some out there that do ?
(not having ago just a question)

Race or behavioral issues? I think you're confusing the two.

Ha! it's true. I have given you more yellow cards than I have Birdman or probably anyone else. If I have a vendetta, it's against you.:)

Bastard!

There were clubs who didnt draft player solely because of there race .. so why cant you accept that there are some out there that do ?
(not having ago just a question)
SHow me where a player hasn't been drafted due solely to race ?
Don't get confused with players being overlooked solely due to coming from remote communities, who may struggle integrating into the requirements of AFL and based solely on race .

"An innovative stratagem or scheme employed especially to promote a project" thats the defontion i was using for the word Gimmick
OK. Going round in circles.
You are entitled to your view. I absolutely distance myself from it and disagree with it.

Mate, we dropped Richo, bigger club player than Bachar. Selection is based on form. I can also remember Cousins playing for Coburg as well.
He plays senior football because he is consistent and hits his KPI's more often than not.

OK guys let's try and relax a little bit. Not everyone on this site is as enlightened as others, and while it is good to not let a bad comment slide, forcing someone into a corner will just lead to bad blood. Leave the guy some room for a dignified exit.

SHow me where a player hasn't been drafted due solely to race ?
Don't get confused with players being overlooked solely due to coming from remote communities, who may struggle integrating into the requirements of AFL and based solely on race .

Interesting point, might need a new thread about the "requirements" of AFL . It seems to be tighter than ever before as the example of the "Melbourne boys" at the "G" on boxing day .... the AFL has become somewhat of a Moral tool usd to show society what is and isnt excepted.

Given him multiple opportunties to explain or retract, but he keeps coming back with the words 'gimmick' and 'marketing tool'. Not my fault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazingly enough, it's not everyone's role in the team to average 30 touches and 4 goals a game. There's a reason why guys like Jackson, King and Houli get games each week. Players have different roles and KPI's that they aim for each game.

To the average eye they might seem crap and useless because they aren't setting their fantasy team on fire but that shit doesn't matter to a coach. Now I'm not saying they're super stars at their role but they do it to standard that at the moment no replacement is capable of, hence them getting the game time and not someone else.

To say that he gets favoured for games because we can milk a few more memberships out of him is an insult to not only Houli but also the club.

Amazingly enough, it's not everyone's role in the team to average 30 touches and 4 goals a game. There's a reason why guys like Jackson, King and Houli get games each week. Players have different roles and KPI's that they aim for each game.

To the average eye they might seem crap and useless because they aren't setting their fantasy team on fire but that shit doesn't matter to a coach. Now I'm not saying they're super stars at their role but they do it to standard that at the moment no replacement is capable of, hence them getting the game time and not someone else.

To say that he gets favoured for games because we can milk a few more memberships out of him is an insult to not only Houli but also the club.
Good post

Who the **** are you to come in here and post common sense?

Ok I'll jump off Birdman's case , solely because it think it's very clear how I feel about his comments and jump onto yours .
To suggest someone is placed upon a list or within a side, solely due to race is racism .
Something clubs realize is not exceptable and no club would go near .
Once upon a list clubs use any angle they can to exert any promotion their staff provide , no different to any other organisation .
Can't believe anyone would think a AFL club would draft and then play players solely due to their race .
I did not state that he was put on our list to take advantage of his ethnic background, however, the club did get mileage out of the exposure they were given and I believed that BMs interpretations was that the club may be giving him a favour when including in the 22. No more than that. You are trying to make more of this than there really is. Get back on topic as I will not make further comment on the Houli gimmick issue.. it is blown out proportion. BM used the word gimmick lets hang him!

I did not state that he was put on our list to take advantage of his ethnic background, however, the club did get mileage out of the exposure they were given and I believed that BMs interpretations was that the club may be giving him a favour when including in the 22. No more than that. You are trying to make more of this than there really is. Get back on topic as I will not make further comment on the Houli gimmick issue.. it is blown out proportion. BM used the word gimmick lets hang him!
You just don't see how suggesting someone is favoured due to race , is racism do you ?
I couldn't care about the use of the word Gimmick .
The suggestion he is afforded favours solely to his race is racism .

You just don't see how suggesting someone is favoured due to race , is racism do you ?
I couldn't care about the use of the word Gimmick .
The suggestion he is afforded favours solely to his race is racism .
My final word and this Is it. I never said he was given favours. I said the club may feel slightly obligated as they got mileage from the feel good exposure they got from the Houli stories. I said that IMO BM thought this may be the case and I could see his point after he clarified his statement and where he was coming from. Twist it anyway you like.. The end

My final word and this Is it. I never said he was given favours. I said the club may feel slightly obligated as they got mileage from the feel good exposure they got from the Houli stories. I said that IMO BM thought this may be the case and I could see his point after he clarified his statement and where he was coming from. Twist it anyway you like.. The end
Haven't twisted it all , have simply argued comments made firstly by Birdman and now you , slightly obligated due to his promotional value , I have no issue with , although it's a croc of shit .
Due to race is a completely different manner .
I know some claim twisting of events or wrong doing , when they are called out on something .

Haven't twisted it all , have simply argued comments made firstly by Birdman and now you , slightly obligated due to his promotional value , I have no issue with , although it's a croc of shit .
Due to race is a completely different manner .
I know some claim twisting of events or wrong doing , when they are called out on something .
Okay what is it I am called out on? Report me if you feel I have done something wrong. Put up or shut up.. This is just repetitive garbage.

Simple synopsis ...

Bachar Houli , as it stands right now is a good enough to be considered in our best 22 .. had a good year and was right up there in our B & F if i'm not mistaken.

Thats a fact and ridiculous to argue but opinions are like arseholes and we all have one.

he is in our best 22 until poor form or someone pushes him out ..

...but to suggest he gets a leg up due to his religion is just plain ignorant and misinformed ... hell !! .. i suppose benny gale is hiding commis under the bed as well.

...and just plain and simply LMAO at the suggestion that norf are playing the same card with Majak Daw ... That is just a hilarious contradiction because they havent even played him ...ummmm ... not sure about my logic here but ... they would have played the kid if that were the case ..

smoke some more cones boys and cook up some more paranoia and conspiricy theories but please dont hitch your silly wagons to the RFC

You haven't identified racism, have supported such comments and when pointed out you have cried poor me / twisting of events , like a spoilt adolescent.
I never supported the comment . I said I could see where he was coming from and slightly agreed with his updated opinion, however, you were so quick to jump down the guys throat. You hammered him rather than asking for clarification of what he meant. As for the spoilt adolescent statement... That is the comment of a person struggling for material. We have a different opinion about the severity of what BM had to say and my comments may not have been to your liking. it is opinion only, give it a break. Sorry to have offended you.

being a smart man i don't think he would care as long as he gets minutes out on the field,, if he is a marketing puppet or not
I think any honourable man would feel pretty ashamed were he to find out he was only getting game time due to his race which is what you are suggesting. I think it is pretty clear from Houli's actions off field that he is a very honourable man.

I apologize if the word Gimmick has made people upset !

would Marketing Scheme be a better form of words ?
Was going to offer you a shovel to dig a bigger hole, but looks like you already have a back hoe to do it for you.
The others may have held off calling you a racist, but I have no such qualms. You are a racist, deny it all you want, but you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back