I Love Mitch Farmer

Remove this Banner Ad

As the backline learns how to work as a unit he will get better and better, because he won't get isolated on faster opponents. His attack on the ball and long kicking is invaluable. :thumbsu:

This is the exact sort of player we need
Confident hard at it team orientated gut runner
I am beginning to really like this kid considering how little footy his played
Has obviously been told to back himself and get forward and has kicked really good goals in crucial times a couple of times this year
His a keeper

Quit looking at stats and bagging players this kids leadership is sensational
Watch Some footy

Offloading Schulz for Farmer? What a majestic move by the Tiger hierarchy, trading the erratic forward for a maligned player langhuising in the SANFL last season for the Power. To be honest, I firmly beleive that Farmer has contributed more this season compared to Schulz's indifferent year at Port. Admittedly, his recent 7 goal haul was impressive but(probably never to be repeated again).

the fruits of the schulz trade were there late in the game when farmer had the ball on half back and called nason to run with him, was fantastic display of leadership from farmer and nason as stuffed as he was, busted his gut to run and give him the option :thumbsu:

To be honest I was critical of him a few weeks ago as a backman. Thought he was a bit slow and short for last line of defense.

He has been really good the last few weeks for such a young player. A mate of mine worked with him at Calder, which Mitch captained. Reckons he is a good kid a good leader.

the fruits of the schulz trade were there late in the game when farmer had the ball on half back and called nason to run with him, was fantastic display of leadership from farmer and nason as stuffed as he was, busted his gut to run and give him the option :thumbsu:

Yep, great work by both of them.

This is the exact sort of player we need
Confident hard at it team orientated gut runner
I am beginning to really like this kid considering how little footy his played
Has obviously been told to back himself and get forward and has kicked really good goals in crucial times a couple of times this year
His a keeper

Quit looking at stats and bagging players this kids leadership is sensational
Watch Some footy

Mitch Farmer, i was wrong to label you a spud. Great couple of weeks by the kid. Hope he keeps going.

this is the exact sort of player we need
confident hard at it team orientated gut runner
i am beginning to really like this kid considering how little footy his played
has obviously been told to back himself and get forward and has kicked really good goals in crucial times a couple of times this year
his a keeper

quit looking at stats and bagging players this kids leadership is sensational
watch some footy

love

Still very slow for mine, but his decision making and confidence have definitely improved. I would say it was his best game for the club yesterday so far.

Hope to see continued improvement :thumbsu:

Harwick certainly has built a team of kickers. Mitch is a great kick and love the last few weeks where he has bombed it from outside 50.

Still very slow for mine, but his decision making and confidence have definitely improved. I would say it was his best game for the club yesterday so far.

Hope to see continued improvement :thumbsu:

Not slow at all and the only time he looked it yesterday was on ONE CHASE where he had just had a repeat effort and he still busted his ass trying to get there

I love this bloke so much , was giving defensive instructions at stoppages oozes leadership, hard at it and good skills Ive said it before and I'll say it again I LOVE MITCH FARMER

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was sitting in my usual spot on sunday 3rd tier wing and i reckon on about 4 different occassions i heard mitch barking instructions to teammates about zone setups and defensive structures

This kids a winner ! it seems every game he has one shocking mistake (his defensive 50 handball this week that missed a teammate) But once thats out of his game he has so many positives! week in week out i watch him sheppard, get to the right places, leave his man at the right times to help teammates ! an all round team player something that polo and blokes like that should learn about in defence!

Im a fan ! his been one of our better defenders all year and im tipping is gonna be a huge part of our future defence

Not to mention that he is lightning fast and on the run can nail a long laser beam to the chest of a leading target. Once this guy gets it and sees an opening through the corridor he is like a torpedo.
The Colonel has NFI if he thinks Mitch is slow. ;)

Not to mention that he is lightning fast and on the run can nail a long laser beam to the chest of a leading target. Once this guy gets it and sees an opening through the corridor he is like a torpedo.
The Colonel has NFI if he thinks Mitch is slow. ;)

not only is he not slow he knows where and when to run
he takes off at good times he often turns attacker and causes extra numbers on the wing and hff and gets back to defend his man, he often puts his body in good positions to allow teammates to get the footy

like him

I had him in my Dream Team Round 1 after he was our best player in the Princes Park practice match v Coll this year. He didn't do much early on (traded him for Alex Silvagni) but hasn't he turned it around in a massive way since he played Port in the wet. He was great that day and hasn't looked back!

Not to mention that he is lightning fast and on the run can nail a long laser beam to the chest of a leading target.

Or just kick it between the big sticks from 50 ala Newman and Lids.

I think i already posted in this thread (or another similar one) that i doubted Farmer would make it earlier in the year, but he has won me over. He is a friend of mines ex boyfriend, so all i heard about him when we got him was bad things from her lol. Bugger her, we have a player here!

Pick #71 (Nason) and Farmer for Shultz.. about time we got a trade right.

yeah hes been consistently good, one side of his game he needs to improve is the one on one contest with his opponent, but i think he will get there.

when we add more quality players to our side it will be interesting to see if he keeps his spot.

dont think we can have as many small blokes in our team as we currently do, but if we are going to keep a few he would certianly be at the top of my list.

i didnt like him at 1st but sometimes i forget players take time to get good, hes been bloody good the last 5+ weeks, easily in our best 22 and becoming a great player for us

So..Earlier in the year I made a thread labelling Farmer a Dud! I admit I have been largely proven wrong. He has plenty of ability and has been good in some games and outstanding in others.
The only issue I see for Mitch is how he is going to hold down a position in the backline over the next 2-3 years. He is a small defender. We play with three tall defenders (Moore, McGuane and Thursfield/Astbury). That leaves 1 of only 3 spots that Farmer can fill. He is competing against Deledio, Connors, Edwards, Newman and (next year) Tambling for one of those 3 spots. I know that a couple of those players will rotate through the midfield/wing etc. Howerver, with the recruiting of another top line mid in this draft and hopefully 1-2 more quality, long term kids, I can see Farmer being a bench or VFL player. I make no apologies, this is just my opinion! To be honest, if we want to have a 22 that is capable of winning a GF then players like Farmer should eventually be weeded out.
A GF looking backline would be:
HB: Deledio Astbury Tambling
FB: Connors Thursfield/McGuane Moore/Gourdis (with Newman on a wing)
(with another 2-3 seasons under their belt)

Remove this Banner Ad

I Love Mitch Farmer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back