Recommitted Ian 'Bobby' Hill + R3 (40) to Collingwood for R3 (43) + F2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm shocked so many people want Hill, he's got a lot of talent and flashy moments, but when his side don't have momentum he's pretty ineffectual because he doesn't have much defensive drive, if he's not in a favourable spot to win the footy he won't, and he's happy to watch opponents walk the ball out of the forward 50. If we manage to get anything earlier than Pick 40 for him it's a win for us

You mean just Essendon supporters…
Understandable really though. If you’re Brisbane he’s one more string, complements your outfit, might win you a game but you can win without him if he has a bad one or gets injured too.

If you’re a club that has basically no other mature tall forwards, having someone a bit more reliable who wants to be there has noticeable benefits, even if they tend not to jump on someone’s head every few weeks and win MOTY in contentious circumstances.

I'm shocked so many people want Hill, he's got a lot of talent and flashy moments, but when his side don't have momentum he's pretty ineffectual because he doesn't have much defensive drive, if he's not in a favourable spot to win the footy he won't, and he's happy to watch opponents walk the ball out of the forward 50. If we manage to get anything earlier than Pick 40 for him it's a win for us
More than what we have at the moment 😅 although the work ethic issue is probably not gonna go well with the blue collar stuff Truck keeps pushing.

Guelfi and Snelling are both highly regarded internally, not for their overwhelming talent (which neither are particularly) but for their work ethic, consistency, applying pressure, etc. Not sure Hill would unseat either of them.

Understandable really though. If you’re Brisbane he’s one more string, complements your outfit, might win you a game but you can win without him if he has a bad one or gets injured too.

Well said - 100% accurate.

If you’re a club that has basically no other mature tall forwards, having someone a bit more reliable who wants to be there has noticeable benefits, even if they tend not to jump on someone’s head every few weeks and win MOTY in contentious circumstances.

Also agree here. Joey is the X factor, but would be a huge choice to build your forward line around whilst 2MP is the no-frills type who’ll also bring it down and create better contests for the other forwards. Definitely the more consistent option.

If you had the two lined up against a wall, a lot of clubs are taking Daniher but you’re not wrong, 2MP would probably be more suitable for the Collingwood forward line if we had to pick one right now.

Hill is a cousin of Leon Davis, who is now back at Collingwood full time in a support role.

I know who I'd prefer kicking for goal.
Wright covers more territory and gets to more contests.
Apart from that, they're both similar on field.
Daniher questionable morally off it.
Wright comes out on top.
There’s a reason one had a compensation of pick 7 and the other was a 4th round pick. Open the other eye bud.

Hill is a cousin of Leon Davis, who is now back at Collingwood full time in a support role.
He seems to have a lot of cousins at AFL clubs, Stephen Hill retired end of last year from Freo, Brad Hill is now at St Kilda, and Courtney Ugle (VFLW player & off-field roles) is at Essendon. Seems like he'll have plenty of support from family in either Vic or WA.

There’s a reason one had a compensation of pick 7 and the other was a 4th round pick. Open the other eye bud.
Here it is….. one of the two best ways to compare players.. what they were traded for and the other, average super coach score. This ones tricky tho because Daniher was worth pick 7 but averages 63 where as Wright was a 4th round pick but averages 79 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😂😂🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😂😂🤔🤔

Here it is….. one of the two best ways to compare players.. what they were traded for and the other, average super coach score. This ones tricky tho because Daniher was worth pick 7 but averages 63 where as Wright was a 4th round pick but averages 79 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😂😂🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😂😂🤔🤔
Excuse me for judging a player’s value across the competition by their trade value within the last 24 months 😂

Let’s just go by their form across a 21 week period only and neglect exposed form across their entire careers.

You’re laughing yet you’re trying to compare one forward who’s had a pretty injury free season with one who missed a 6 week block due to injury and yet the ‘poorer’ one is still averaging 2.1 goals per game vs Wright’s absolute career best season average of 2.4 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excuse me for judging a player’s value across the competition by their trade value within the last 24 months 😂

Let’s just go by their form across a 21 week period only and neglect exposed form across their entire careers.

You’re laughing yet you’re trying to compare one forward who’s had a pretty injury free season with one who missed a 6 week block due to injury and yet the ‘poorer’ one is still averaging 2.1 goals per game vs Wright’s absolute career best season average of 2.4 goals.
I’m laughing because you are trying to compare 2 players based on there value 24 months ago. It’s stupid. Wright is clearly a different player, worth a lot more now.

Fwiw I’d say Joey is the better player. Wright’s turning him self in to a bloody good one tho

I’m laughing because you are trying to compare 2 players based on there value 24 months ago. It’s stupid. Wright is clearly a different player, worth a lot more now.

Fwiw I’d say Joey is the better player. Wright’s turning him self in to a bloody good one tho
Needs to do it for more than one season to even be in the same conversation as Daniher.

Not even Joey’s best season, and has missed a chunk of games yet has provided more goals in 15 games than Wright has done in any season across his career before 2022.

Everybody can see he's become at least as good Daniher.

Could he put on a bit of muscle and play a similar role to Shai Bolton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Ian 'Bobby' Hill + R3 (40) to Collingwood for R3 (43) + F2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back