Recommitted Ian 'Bobby' Hill + R3 (40) to Collingwood for R3 (43) + F2

Remove this Banner Ad

Jason McCarthy saying the deal for Hill is close to being done

"I've been talking to (Magpies football manager) Graham Wright for a week-and-a-half. That will be something that will be done I imagine pretty early in the Trade Period … Bobby will make his way to Collingwood," McCartney said.

The Giants are expected to target a second-round pick in exchange for Hill, with GWS general manager of football Jason McCartney telling Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio he was not expecting any trouble getting a deal done this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with future 2nd which hopefully is early 30s. I reckon he is a little more valuable than that and will continue to improve. Will become a favorite at the Pies. Really looking forward to him arriving at Pies

It’s odd people forget about him since he was a Mach better crumbed than Davis.
Harsh on Neon Leon there.

In 11 seasons up forward, he kicked 30+ 4 times and 20+ 4 times. That’s a bloody decent return from a crumbing small forward.

The remaining seasons were 11 goals from 15 games in his first season, 18 from 13 games in 2003 and 11 from 12 games in 2005.

Harsh on Neon Leon there.

In 11 seasons up forward, he kicked 30+ 4 times and 20+ 4 times. That’s a bloody decent return from a crumbing small forward.

The remaining seasons were 11 goals from 15 games in his first season, 18 from 13 games in 2003 and 11 from 12 games in 2005.
I’m taking pure crumbing ability as im the ability to read it off the packs. Davis was an absolute fun so not meant to take anything away from him just that Krakouer is most consistent player I’ve seen at that skill. Davis was a better all round player but front and centre non better than Krak.

I’m taking pure crumbing ability as im the ability to read it off the packs. Davis was an absolute fun so not meant to take anything away from him just that Krakouer is most consistent player I’ve seen at that skill. Davis was a better all round player but front and centre non better than Krak.
Respectfully disagree.

Being at Rocca and Cloke’s feet crumbing the ball was Neon’s bread and butter, and he did it bloody well.

Krak had the superior aerial skills though and could at least have another avenue to goal.

You never offered 2nd round.

Not buying that one. A simple google of Ian Hill Essendon
brings up a Sen article which starts off with:

GWS has rejected Essendon’s offer of a future second-round pick for Ian ‘Bobby’ Hill, reports AFL Media’s Cal Twomey.

The 21-year-old requested a trade to a Victorian-based club on compassionate grounds with the Bombers his preferred destination.

The Giants want to hold Hill to his contract, which still has a year to run.

“They (GWS) have knocked back Essendon’s offer of a future second-round pick,” Twomey told AFL Trade Radio.

Respectfully disagree.

Being at Rocca and Cloke’s feet crumbing the ball was Neon’s bread and butter, and he did it bloody well.

Krak had the superior aerial skills though and could at least have another avenue to goal.

I'd take Leon over Krak too. Both great to watch though.

Leon cops a bum wrap on here.

I'd take Leon over Krak too. Both great to watch though.

Leon cops a bum wrap on here.
For a notoriously inconsistent player, he was bloody consistent across his career as per my OP on him above. 4 30+ goal seasons and another 4 20+ goal seasons. Effectively 8/8 seasons above 20 goals when he played more than 15 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Ian 'Bobby' Hill + R3 (40) to Collingwood for R3 (43) + F2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back