Recommitted Ian 'Bobby' Hill + R3 (40) to Collingwood for R3 (43) + F2

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think there is any first round protection. The ruling as I understand it, is any deficit comes off the future year in the same round the bid was made.

Eg. If a bid was made in the 3rd round and there was a deficit, then neither the 1st or 2nd rounders are touched, and any deficit comes off the 3rd and 4th (if required).

If both Ashcroft and Fletcher are bid on in the first round, then there is no protection whatsoever to any of Brisbanes future picks.

The future first protection is only when the bid falls outside the first round.

The future first protection is only when the bid falls outside the first round.
Anyone trading in Brisbane's future first does so in the knowledge that the pick would be pushed back in the draft order if Brisbane have points to deduct off a future first.

You're betting on where Brisbane will finish next season, then sweating off how many debit points off that pick as well. Way too risky, what you think might be mid teens could end up in the 20's

You do not when you are using points to match a deficit from the previous draft.

That’s a really interesting point. Clubs should probably be limited to a certain number of future picks that can be used towards a matching deficit, potentially the number of spare list spots taken into this years draft.

Lions should match bids by getting all the 2022 round 3 picks they can get their hands on.

Anyone trading in Brisbane's future first does so in the knowledge that the pick would be pushed back in the draft order if Brisbane have points to deduct off a future first.

You're betting on where Brisbane will finish next season, then sweating off how many debit points off that pick as well. Way too risky, what you think might be mid teens could end up in the 20's

If the lions trade it, then it won’t be used to match bids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was no competition for his role. He should of been dropped many times.
Yeah this feels like a massive overpay from Collingwood for a dude who wasnt exactly sitting the world on fire before his health issues
Ooops, didn't know that. my bad
Yep. Feel like we’ve paid overs for a guy who hardly played this year, albeit due to a very serious illness.

Not convinced with Wright at all. His top ups stuffed Hawthorn royally.
If you work out the deal in points or whatever it’s adds up to being like pick 48 for hill. Both teams get pick swaps to use on other trade deals so it’s a win win to be honest.

If you work out the deal in points or whatever it’s adds up to being like pick 48 for hill. Both teams get pick swaps to use on other trade deals so it’s a win win to be honest.
How does it work out at 48?

1664777490399.png

Even if it's pick 35, chances of getting a good draft pick isn't that spectacular. I think people over-value draft picks after 25 anyway.
The % of successful picks drops off significantly.

Also, I suspect he may be playing further up the field for the Pies and bring further speed.

Your a mod and post with so much hate in pies threads it’s odd. Second round picks in the late 30’s are hit and a lot of missses so it’s a good deal if you know your footy. Read it on the pies board about the hill deal being around pick 49 all up Moore of the Same.
What are you talkin bout Willis? I have nothing again Collingwood and I dont like the trade, I doubt I'm alone there. The deal is not worth around pick 49, no matter how someone dresses it up.

Could you link me to the times I've shown "so much hate towards Collingwood" as I'm quite curious

Read it on the pies board about the hill deal being around pick 49 all up Moore of the Same.
I read that post ... but you've misunderstood it. The cost is more than just pick #49, even if Pies win the flag next year.

Notwithstanding, largely a win-win. I agree it's likely the result of goodwill from GWS not bidding on Daicos last year.

What are you talkin bout Willis? I have nothing again Collingwood and I dont like the trade, I doubt I'm alone there. The deal is not worth around pick 49, no matter how someone dresses it up.

Could you link me to the times I've shown "so much hate towards Collingwood" as I'm quite curious
You have no idea about footy if you have a list need picks outside the first round don’t mean much as we won three flags trading fairly but your just stuck on the picks and not the big picture…… deals a win win by both clubs end of story as graham wright done deals like this to win hawthorn three flags.

You have no idea about footy if you have a list need picks outside the first round don’t mean much as we won three flags trading fairly but your just stuck on the picks and not the big picture…… deals a win win by both clubs end of story as graham wright done deals like this to win hawthorn three flags.
Are you going to answer any of my questions or just going to keep ranting incoherently?
1) Where is the pick 48-49 coming from?
2) Where have I been a "hating on Collingwood"?

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Ian 'Bobby' Hill + R3 (40) to Collingwood for R3 (43) + F2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back