ICC 2005 Announced!

Remove this Banner Ad

Never played that game, and the downloaded demo didn't work on XP so can't say anything, but it would be great, and I for sure would buy it.

RoosterLad said:
ahh so thats why i couldnt get aussie cricket captain working when i got a new computer with XP. what if you right click the games icon, go to properties, and change the compatibility to Win 98 or something?
not sure, it just says change to small font, and their is no small font, any possibility of maybe downloading a small font on the net?

yeh now i remember, cos i had that problem too, it was pretty frustrating
im not sure if you can download small font, i never tried i just gave up
wouldnt mind getting it running again and getting a new roster, the english county championship doesnt interest me at all on ICC

Just started playing tonight, seem to have come across this game on the net and had to***pay*** to play it so yes i did! but ne way my team

Test
M.Hayden
P.Jaques
R.Ponting(c)
J.Hopes
M.Hussey
B.Hodge*
A.Gilchrist
S.Warne
N.Bracken
B.Lee
G.McGrath
*every now and then Symo will come in
Langer is reserves, but i think his career is over!

ODI
A.Gilchrist
P.Jaques
R.Ponting(c)
J.Hopes**
M.Hussey
A.Symonds
M.Clarke
C.White*
N.Bracken
B.Lee
G.McGrath
*Swaps often with watson depending on the pitch
**Swaps With Martyn depending who is in form

I also have Tait in my squad but cant fit him in the team as of yet!, so what do you guys think?

I just started my 2060 season with Essex have been a top team for a while now but i have yet to win all 4 comps in 1 year (ive won 3 5+ times and ive won all but 20/20 4 times with 3 times losing the 20/20 final)

AndrewOH said:
I just started my 2060 season with Essex have been a top team for a while now but i have yet to win all 4 comps in 1 year (ive won 3 5+ times and ive won all but 20/20 4 times with 3 times losing the 20/20 final)
2060!?:eek:

I am a deadset loser as I am and always have been an ICC addict, yet I struggle to play more than 2 county seasons, they are just so long...i guess the major thing with me though, is that I spend more time doing stats for my games than playing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jabso said:
Does anyone have any hints for bowling at all. At both test and odi level.
What aggression? Do you bowl opposite of the batters preferences etc.?
Also are there any good Aussie bowlers to take over the aging bowlers past 2007. I have gone through a plethora but none of them are good enough.
In other words, how the hell do you bowl better in this game.
Yeah the Aussie bowlers are really thin, Shaun Tait is really expensive and crap, that's due to not updated stats I spose.

Also never bowl the way you do in real cricket. Don't give someone a designated 7 or 8 over spell, bowl until they get a wicket and then change bowlers at both ends.

Tait, is expensive but takes wickets. Bracken was good in '07, went ********.

Doherty will take wickets x4 or 5 in ODI but in Test generally just gets smashed.

Lee in ODI is good.

Still looking for good bowlers in 08 season.

Ok i just got a runtime error in season 2017. Very angry because my England was just starting to bring in a new generation, in the last test i played one debutant made 265 and another 88. Very angry. Is there any way to fix this crap?

AndrewOH said:
Ive done that on 3 or 4 occasions, Yorkshire rule:D

Dizzy, in 2008...get him into the squad in both forms of the game. Brett Lee has went right of the boil as well. Doherty in tests in starting to play some good cricket as well as Cam White.

ATM my test side looks like this

Hayden
D. Hussey
Jacques
Ponting
Watson
C.Rojers/Marty/Bevan/Inform domestic cricketer at time
White
Gilchrist
Doherty
Lee/Tait/Bracken
Gillespie

Pretty much like that.

Mixing it up a bit lately, won test series against the Pakis 2-1 and am 1-1 in the ODI series ATM.

I played Shaun Marsh in the 2005 Ashes tour as a test. He actually played quite well down the order in the ODers aswell as bowling some handy spin. The test's wasn't quite the same but still managed to bat ok.

I'm not sure if it was on here that I read this but can anyone confirm that you can send the save game file to the creators of the game and they will fix the "have to take control of England or the game crashes bug".

I want to start over as Worcestershire but there is no point if it is just going to mess up on me again. I had such a sh*t hot team too and the bloody computer ruined everything when I was away managing England :(

One thing about the game I don't like is that you can identify whether a player is good pretty quickly. I'm playing as Sri Lanka and there's players who play 10 matches and average 60 with the bat, and 20 with the ball for bowlers. From there they are automatic 10-year players.

I'd like to see what happens in real cricket, more unpredictable player development.

SorryIHammerChicken said:
One thing about the game I don't like is that you can identify whether a player is good pretty quickly. I'm playing as Sri Lanka and there's players who play 10 matches and average 60 with the bat, and 20 with the ball for bowlers. From there they are automatic 10-year players.

I'd like to see what happens in real cricket, more unpredictable player development.
I think a good indicator of potential is how much the player is paid, particularly as a youngster. I had a 21 year old being paid 91,000 and i put him straight in, and he made 265 on debut.

Remove this Banner Ad

ICC 2005 Announced!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back