ICC 2005 Announced!

Remove this Banner Ad

the_mighty_pies_3733 said:
I think a good indicator of potential is how much the player is paid, particularly as a youngster. I had a 21 year old being paid 91,000 and i put him straight in, and he made 265 on debut.
Yeah that as well. It shouldn't be like that though. How do these kids get paid so much at a young age if they've done next to nothing yet?

Your so totally wrong.

One of my players after 16 matches averaged 13.96 with the bat (in tests). I kept him in just because he had one amazing innings where he brought the team back into a match when we were 5/46 (he batted at 7) and stayed in and made runs also, ended up with about 70 off 250. In his 14th match, he scored 131 and 89. And then in he next 8 matches scored 100 at least once in every test.

He then injured himself, and is out for 25 weeks.

Will probably never get another game cause the team is now sorted out, lol.

SorryIHammerChicken said:
Yeah that as well. It shouldn't be like that though. How do these kids get paid so much at a young age if they've done next to nothing yet?
Yea true that. The kid who was being paid 91,000 was averaging 34 in his career, although that season he was 50+.

Rough_Edges said:
Your so totally wrong.

One of my players after 16 matches averaged 13.96 with the bat (in tests). I kept him in just because he had one amazing innings where he brought the team back into a match when we were 5/46 (he batted at 7) and stayed in and made runs also, ended up with about 70 off 250. In his 14th match, he scored 131 and 89. And then in he next 8 matches scored 100 at least once in every test.

He then injured himself, and is out for 25 weeks.

Will probably never get another game cause the team is now sorted out, lol.
25 weeks? Longest injury ive had was 8 weeks.

Rough_Edges said:
Your so totally wrong.

I've had players like that as well (eg, a bloke who averaged 107 with the ball after 10 Tests, but he turned it around and is now my best bowler), but you're missing the point.

I'm talking FIRST CLASS averages here and whenever there is a bloke who averages 50-odd after his first few games (eg, D Lanka), he is automatically a dominant player. There are plenty of blokes who have good starts to their career (a good debut season or two) that don't go on with it.

BTW one thing that happened to me when I was playing just then was, I tied with India in an ODI. The problem was, they counted it as a loss and said "India win on higher run rate". Now, they made 5/216 off their 50 overs, and I made 5/216 off my 50 overs. How is that not a tie?

My team ATM is starting to kill it.

Mansfield atm, is ********ing awesome. Averages 23 in the tests with the ball and 45 with the bat, and he is a bowler (Has played 7 matches)

Jacques, hasn't really done anything special as yet except for 4 or 5 centuries in his career. Watson, defiantley the best All Rounder.

My team in the tests now looks like this

Jacques
Hayden
D.Hussey
Ponting
Gilchrist
Watson
White
Simpson (All rounder)
Mansfield
Lee
Tait

Playing 3 all rounders is the best move i have ever made. Doherty couldn't get his average below 40 in the tests after about 40 matches, so i ditched him for Simpson.

Anyway.

Is this game easily obtained at no expense?

Id appreciate a PM or an explanation on how to, if you can be bothered id love to play what all you guys are clearly loving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Power21 said:
Is this game easily obtained at no expense?

Id appreciate a PM or an explanation on how to, if you can be bothered id love to play what all you guys are clearly loving.
Go to page 1 and read....everything you need to know about getting the game for free is in the first couple of pages.

Playing as Sri Lanka, have found it hard to get a decent pace bowler to help out Vass ive tride a lot of players, Pushpakanar, Perera, Kuluskera, Zoysa, K.Fernando, C.Fernando all have been in and out but ive finaly found the new ball opener partner ive been looking for in Ganegama

Jaysuira has lost ouch in One day side and Attapatu in his last 10 test innings had scores of 0, 4,0,0,0, 1, 0(golden) 0(golden) he made a king pair. 15, and 2 and has been axed but in the One Day Format he has been averaging 97 so far with his lowest score being 39

One Day Team

M.Attapattu
Kaluwitharna
Sangakarra
Jayawarnde
Dilshan
Samaweera
Arnold (c)
Vass
K.Fernando
Kulasakara
Murali

12th Chandana

Fringe players - Jaysuira, Mubrak, Vandort, Ganemega, C.Fernando

Tests.

S.Jaysuira
T.Dilshan
Jayawardne
Samawerra
Arnold (c)
Sangakarra
Vandort - Averaging 120 from 15 tests has made 14 hundreds allready
Vass
Bandara
Murali
Ganemega

12th- Chandana

Lots of spinners but Bandara has just come in for chandana and so far from his 2 tests has figures of 3 for 45, 6 for 90, 7 for 32 and 6 for 104, i only use the 2 pace bowlers in tests all the others have been tride and have been carted from pillar to post so i use vass and ganemega, and then bowl murali and bandara in long spells with help from the skipper Russel Arnold, Samaweera, Jaysuira,and Dilshan

Yeah he really only got a go becuase of lack of form from my senior guys and injuries to my all rounders in dilshan, samaweera, arnold so i gave him a go and hit hit a century in both innings on debut so i kept him in and he has just been awesome, struggles in the one dayers though

I played as Sri Lanka for a bit as well in one of my games and got rid of all the old players - Jayasuriya, Tillekeratne, Attapattu. I even phased out Murali for a young spinner called Dissayanake, rotating them out of the side. Dissa averages around 21 and he's only 25 now.

Have just started playing as Australia, and have won my first 8 Tests (5 vs Eng, 3 vs WI). England didnt put up a fight, but the Windies tested me, with Lara and Gayle both scoring big hundreds. Gilchrist and Dave Hussey saved me in one Test with a 377 7th wicket partnership before we bowled them out in 2 sessions

Both sides are mainly unchanged

Test
Hayden
Jaques (Gun, isnt he!?)
Langer (average 97 HS 266)
Ponting
Martyn
Watson
Gilchrist (HS 230, total runs 407, been disappointing)
D.Hussey (Quickly replaced Katich)
Lee
Warne (37 Ashes wickets)
McGrath

In ODIs, Hussey or Langer will come out for Bichel/Gillespie

Also beat Combined Unis by 1334 runs, with a 511 pship between Jaques (307) and Katich (270) in 46 overs

Taken Bangladesh from 10th to 3rd in tests, 10th to 8th in one dayers (only just worked out how to score over 200), in the old game you could bat at full bars and they went ok, this one is more realistic.
3 players have now got their averages over 40 including Aftab and Nafis Iqbal (captain).
I have 4 SLA's and they all average about 25.
I'm suprised the Windies are so hard to beat, bravo is awesome.

I'm curently using the aussies its 2009 in the game, and I'm struggling to find a strong bowling attack, especially now the likes of warne and mcgrath are gone, but even after warne I had mcgill for a while who was more than servicable. But now my best spinner is cameron white who still lacks real strike, followed by nathan hauritz and he does crap all. My current line up is

Rogers
Benton
Ponting
Watson
Cosgrove
Jaques
Gilchrist
White
Lee
Gillespie
Rofe

My batting is fine and I can make runs against any opposition I just can't bowl sides out and they make runs way to easily, most matches end in draws, so if anyone knows of any good young bowlers I could use that would be great.

Have had to restart after my computer erased, but I've managed to build up a pretty good 2010 Lancs side.

Akash Christian (Scored 4000-odd runs @ 56 as an overseas player in the past 2 seasons)
Mark Chilton
Marcus North (Averages 46 with the bat and has 103 FC wickets @ 30)
Simon Marshall (The gun and regular team saviour, averages 58)
Sean Ervine
Rikki Clarke
Matthew Wood
Garry Cross+
Tim Murtagh
Simon Jones
Danish Kaneria (1st season, he has 40-odd wickets at 10:thumbsu: )

Flintoff an Anderson on regular international duty, they slot into the squad when available.

Remove this Banner Ad

ICC 2005 Announced!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back