ICC T20 World Cup 2024 USA/West Indies (June 2-June 29)

Who will win the T20 World Cup in 2024?

• India

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Australia

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • England

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Zealand

• Pakistan

• West Indies

• Sri Lanka

• Bangladesh

• Afghanistan

• Netherlands

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Ireland

• Namibia

• Scotland

• Oman

• Uganda

• Nepal

• USA

• Canada

• Papua New Guinea

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Does one feel like the ICC has shafted the Australian fan? Especially after they hosted the previous version of the T20 World Cup. The timing of the games is horrendous for an Australian viewer, especially if you have a full-time job.

And like I said before, watch a replay is kind of pointless.

Did we host it?

I remember a lot of rain. I genuinely cannot even remember a game we played.

Did we host it?

I remember a lot of rain. I genuinely cannot even remember a game we played.
Got thumped by NZ in the first game, England game washed out and had unconvincing wins against Sri Lanka, Afghanistan and Ireland

Absolutely thumped by NZ, easily accounted for Ireland, beat SL fairly convincingly, rained out against England and barely hung on against Afghanistan.
Ireland gave a spiriting performance at the GABBA. It was the game that probably ended up costing Australia a semi final spot, with them not getting the net run rate boost they wanted.

I guess having time off after the IPL is more important than World Cup warm-ups? :think:
To be fair to the team, T20 is about as important as Justin Langer to the Australian public. No one gave a shit when we ****ed the last T20 WC, we will only care if we win. It's test cricket (and ODIs when convenient) in the Australian public's mind.

This article feels like a bit of a beat up honestly. There's 3 players not available(Starc, Cumdawg, Head) because they played in the IPL final Sunday, but all three are senior players and have literally been playing T20 Cricket up until Sunday. They won't need warmups. Marsh isn't available because of the injury which I would say is a far greater loss in terms of WC warmups as he needs to get his head in the captaincy game again - particularly if the other options for t20 captains are also not available.

Maxwell left the IPL in early April because of how shit he was playing, so I think him not being on deck is due to other reasons. Green is the only player that is junior enough to need some warm ups.

Also, it's Namibia. It's rude to them to not field a full team, but we can probably still dominate with half a team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrew McDonald and Brad Hodge are also on the field now subbing for Marsh and Hazlewood. Hazlewood has bowled 3 overs, 3 maidens 2 for 0.

The matches aren't televised and it's important to remember they are essentially a slightly elevated net session.

Tim David bowled 4 overs in the warm ups with figures of 39/1 against Namibia- ended up being the most expensive bowler of the Aussie bowlers. Better teams in the Big Bash have tended to go after him when his overs are on and from memory he does have a habit of nagging a wicket or two in the games I have seen him.

One imagine though, he doesnt bowl overs in main Group World Cup games.

Tim David bowled 4 overs in the warm ups with figures of 39/1 against Namibia- ended up being the most expensive bowler of the Aussie bowlers. Better teams in the Big Bash have tended to go after him when his overs are on and from memory he does have a habit of nagging a wicket or two in the games I have seen him.

One imagine though, he doesnt bowl overs in main Group World Cup games.
He's never bowled in a T20I for Australia so I don't imagine they'll have plans to start now.

The thing for Australia is, Starc and Cummins get a game but Im just wondering how much burnt out they would have been from their recent IPL campigns , including Travis Head, who went deep with their teams.

Head looked a bit cooked in the 2nd half of the IPL tournament.

The thing for Australia is, Starc and Cummins get a game but Im just wondering how much burnt out they would have been from their recent IPL campigns , including Travis Head, who went deep with their teams.

Head looked a bit cooked in the 2nd half of the IPL tournament.
Don't overthink it. It's 40 overs 3x a week and most are only involved in 25ish. They'd genuinely have harder training sessions that a T20 match more often than not

I guess technically Warner is back in form after today's minnow bashing effort
Exactly what will happen in the real stuff. launch 50's against nobodies then against the real stuff he'll fail

his defenders will say "he hit 2x 50's and averaged > 35 for the WC, good selection"

Bloody good chance Stoinis falls into this category too

Back