ICC T20 World Cup 2024 USA/West Indies (June 2-June 29)

Who will win the T20 World Cup in 2024?

• India

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Australia

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • England

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Zealand

• Pakistan

• West Indies

• Sri Lanka

• Bangladesh

• Afghanistan

• Netherlands

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Ireland

• Namibia

• Scotland

• Oman

• Uganda

• Nepal

• USA

• Canada

• Papua New Guinea

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly what will happen in the real stuff. launch 50's against nobodies then against the real stuff he'll fail

his defenders will say "he hit 2x 50's and averaged > 35 for the WC, good selection"

Bloody good chance Stoinis falls into this category too
Could well happen but it would be a complete reversal of his T20I career. Against the top 8 nations in T20I cricket he's averaged 34.65 at a strike rate of 143. Against everyone else he's averaged 21.85 at a strike rate of 131.

What is the point in having all these minnows playing, none of them have any chance of doing anything.
Cool man, we'll just play England and <insert one other team we think is worthy> every year and then wonder why the sport dies off.

48 teams being good enough to play at a World Cup would be brilliant for cricket. It would mean it's actually the global sport we think it is.
48 is way too many for soccer as it is. 20 is perfect for T20 World cups given upsets happen semi regularly in the format and lesser nations are excelling at it too. I'm sure there'd be haters but a 24 team world T20 wouldn't be out of the question soon

I get that the international cricket schedule is packed and probably not much the ICC can do about this, but not ideal that this World Cup clashes with the NBA and NHL finals in the US. Will be almost impossible to make any inroads in the US sports media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the point in having all these minnows playing, none of them have any chance of doing anything.
They did alright in the last World Cup.

Scotland beat Windies

Ireland beat England

Netherlands beat South Africa

Namibia beat Sri Lanka

Afghanistan came within 4 runs of beating the Aussies

The game has changed a fair bit, the depth in teams is better . Australia wouldnt wipe the floor in a best of 5 series against an Ireland or Afghanistan or even the Dutch.

Should we even be trying to make in-roads to the US? Seems more pointless than soccer’s efforts.
Just having Americans with an understanding that cricket exists in their country and that it is accessible to them in most of the country would be enough.

It doesn't have to be a big sport, and I don't think anyone is kidding themselves that it will even get to soccer's level.

But if a kid in Milwaukee stumbles across cricket on TV and wants to have a go, and there is a club somewhere in the city with decent facilities, that's all it needs.

Second warm up game

Australia scored 222/7, considering they were on their last wicket, that's a decent score

they're not allowed to play in warmups

why not ? surely they couldve played as fielding subs if the coach and selector and brad hodge can.

apparently stoinis was there too but wasn't allowed to play because his kit was still in florida ? why couldnt he play, mcdonald, bailey, hodge and borovec surely don't have kits.

Last edited:
why not ? surely they couldve played as fielding subs if the coach and selector and brad hodge can.
Just a guess but I think teams can still make changes to their squads for any reason, so allowing reserve players gives them an opportunity to make last-minute changes based solely on form rather than for injuries, which is what they really want them to be for.

apparently stoinis was there too but wasn't allowed to play because his kit was still in florida ? why couldnt he play, mcdonald, bailey, hodge and borovec surely don't have kits.
it wouldn't have mattered anyway since apparently they're not arriving until the 1st game.

Remove this Banner Ad

ICC T20 World Cup 2024 USA/West Indies (June 2-June 29)

Back